Is Thomas being showcased?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Is Thomas being showcased?

Glad to see that NAS is still alive and kicking. Good comment Fletch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thomas being showcased?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Thomas being showcased? : So, start some new threads, and ignore the ones you don't like.  I happen to agree with you about most threads, but the problem is that people like you (and others) that truly follow the team rarely post new threads while the trolls and idiots start them all the time...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    You hurt my feeling Fletch. I have one feeling & you just stepped all over it! *sniff*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, clearly I didn't mean idiot in the pejorative sense...you know...I meant a loveable dolt like Homer Simpson or Norm Peterson, or Lenny... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

r u all nuts. there I said it, i feel better now.
    You want to trade the best goalie in hockey?

I agree with NAS. I keep thinking there might be some decent ideas and discussion about making a move of biblical propotions, and there isn't much. Why I waste time reading posts like 'Trade Wheeler 4 Crosby' , 'Trade Hamil for Sedin Bros', and my fav, "trade Wheeler, Ryder, and the guy who is going to play really bad next year for a team's best player".

Enjoy the game tonight Ladies and Gentlemen. 5-3 Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Tim Thomas belongs in Boston.  Goaltender is the most inmportant position on any hockey team, a true contender needs two good ones.

Thomas has carried this team for a long time, and everyone craps on him for last season, but what happened last season was not his fault.  The guy still have a save percentage over .900.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I have bashed Thomas in the past, but the guy seems healthy, having fun, and playing w/ a ton of confidence....and you have the future still developing on your team ready to roll, not a bad situation guys!!!  The most important position in the game is in net, what if Thomas was traded & Rask gets hurt - there goes your season; they have to keep both & figure out the cap woes elsewhere!! 

Another thought I keep thinking of is if Thomas was not playing at this level, Rask started the season & struggled after the team playoff collapse last season, crowd getting on him, where would his head be then, confidence is vitally important to these tenders...Thomas' play this year is alo protecting a young players' future, might have been a little dramatic on this one but I think you guys know what I'm saying here....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]And people say, "NAS, why don't you post much anymore?" And I answer:  Threads like this.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

As far as looking up salary cap figures, monitoring the transaction sheet, and making obvious comments about players age in relation to their cap-hit, you may be the best poster here. You're a real wunderkind when it comes to the C.B.A. Since you've "left", I definitely miss having to use Google News myself.

But I wouldn't give yourself too much credit. In my experience, you've showed little to no actual knowledge of the game or ability to provide actual insights into the way the game is currently being played or has historically been played.

The truth is that at best, you're just a guy with too much time on his hands that regularly mistakes having accurate information with having useful/insightful information. Even more regularly, you mistake these boards for a hotbed of hockey-gurus and not a place where fans just want to talk about last nights action. Get-a-grip and ditch the arrogance, there isn't a place for it here because no one else is pretending to be a know-it-all or a sports-writer as you regularly pretend to be. 

Maybe you can't help but revel in the minutiae of sports-gossip, but it's obvious to me that you can't see the forest for the trees. 

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I couldn't care less if you post 100 times a day like you used to, or never come back. It's my belief that anyone with real knowledge of the game isn't being informed by NAS on the boston.com boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He's winning. The whole point of playing games is to win them.  

Occam's Razor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

No one here knows if he is being officially "showcased" or not, but fact of the matter is, his play and siiiick stats have got every teams attention, without a doubt. I'm sure the B's will happily ride this wave as long as possible so the "showcase" is happening wether it is intenional or not. If there are any team interested, i'm sure PC will at least listen, not like he is untouchable. My gut feeling is TT will stay a B.

...and I'll say it for the one millionth time, have two great goalies is a fantastic problem to have. I am sure there are a couple envious teams out there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Is Thomas being showcased?:
    [QUOTE]Great for Timmy (and the Bruins) that he is off to a spectacular start. More power to him. But, I started looking at the games he has won: Phoenix, NJ, Washington (without Green), Toronto, Ottawa and Buffalo and I'm thinking: Rask could have won those games. Don't get me wrong, but that opening game against Phoenix the Bruins, apart from Rask, were sleepwalking. The game against Rangers was close, but NYR were in a groove at the time. Therefore, Bruins could be unbeaten to this point. Back to Timmy, is he being set-up? I'm thinking the same is happening with Wheeler.This would solve the Bruin salary cap problem in one fell swoop. Anyone getting the similar impression?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

If you want to call a rebound from an injury by a highly competitive, true professional, who's playing very well right now a "showcase" I agree. But he's not going anywhere else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Well, clearly I didn't mean idiot in the pejorative sense...you know...I meant a loveable dolt like Homer Simpson or Norm Peterson, or Lenny... 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

BAWHAAAAA! nice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Thomas being showcased? : I'd say Ryder is earning his money this year (so far) with 7pts in 9 games. If he keeps this up Chiarelli may have to look at trading a few players. Right now the way he is playing he doesnt warrant a trip to Providence. Its definately gonna be tough to become Cap compliant, but I feel Savy is closer than Sturm. Im not exactly sure but I think th B's have 1.8 mill in space so for Savard to come back the need to shed 2.2mill. If they can trade Paille and send Caron down they are pretty close.....The dilema is Sturms return, and no offence to him but I hope he doesnt. (take the year off Sturmy) Lucic   Krejci  Horton Wheeler  Savard  Seguin Recchi  Bergeron  Ryder Thornton  Campbell  Marchand Chara  Boychuck Seidenberg  Stuart Ference  Hunwick McQuaid TT/Rask This is just my opinion, I like this line up.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with your lineup !  I wish we didn't have to deal with the cap issue.
    But we do, and Chiarelli has orderes from the top to trim the salaries and avoid the penalties.  I trust Chiarelli will do what's best for the team.

Go Bruins !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Thomas being showcased? : Can't argue with your lineup !  I wish we didn't have to deal with the cap issue. But we do, and Chiarelli has orderes from the top to trim the salaries and avoid the penalties.  I trust Chiarelli will do what's best for the team. Go Bruins !!!!  
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

...and what's best for the team is keeping Thomas.  Glad you're finally on board with this BO Alumni...

Sections
Shortcuts