It comes down to coaching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawnOrd. Show shawnOrd's posts

It comes down to coaching

There are many reasons why the Bruins are losing this series but in my honest opinion it comes down to one thing....coaching. The straight truth here is that Paul Maurice and Ron Francis are outsmarting Claude Julien. Think about it, the whole year the B's have been passing D to D and it's worked, now all of a sudden it doesn't. The Canes have figured out how to neutralize the D-D pass, by forechecking, and the B's just haven't been able to figure out how to get it out of their own zone. So far as I can tell, the Bruins played about 5 minutes of good hockey last night, where they really took it to the Canes. And for those people who think Tim Thomas stinks, seriously the guy is facing like 40+ shots a night, he can't stop all of them. He's like a pitcher that throws a no hitter, and loses because his team committed a few errors in the field. If Ward was facing as many shots as Thomas, he would be letting up just as many goals, so lay off the guy a little here, he can't do it all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: It comes down to coaching

[QUOTE]There are many reasons why the Bruins are losing this series but in my honest opinion it comes down to one thing....coaching. The straight truth here is that Paul Maurice and Ron Francis are outsmarting Claude Julien. Think about it, the whole year the B's have been passing D to D and it's worked, now all of a sudden it doesn't. The Canes have figured out how to neutralize the D-D pass, by forechecking, and the B's just haven't been able to figure out how to get it out of their own zone. So far as I can tell, the Bruins played about 5 minutes of good hockey last night, where they really took it to the Canes. And for those people who think Tim Thomas stinks, seriously the guy is facing like 40+ shots a night, he can't stop all of them. He's like a pitcher that throws a no hitter, and loses because his team committed a few errors in the field. If Ward was facing as many shots as Thomas, he would be letting up just as many goals, so lay off the guy a little here, he can't do it all.
    Posted by shawnOrd[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Playing Ference was a mistake

I felt that one glaring problem was inserting Ference back into the lineup. That seemed to mess up team chemistry. Also, I thought the Bruins were not aggressive enough in all areas. The best advice would have been to simply do what got them here. The B's were fine without Ference. I haven't been able to watch all of the games, but I felt we should have used Bitz more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Playing Ference was a mistake

[QUOTE]I felt that one glaring problem was inserting Ference back into the lineup. That seemed to mess up team chemistry. Also, I thought the Bruins were not aggressive enough in all areas. The best advice would have been to simply do what got them here. The B's were fine without Ference. I haven't been able to watch all of the games, but I felt we should have used Bitz more.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

The Carolina Hurricanes are messing up Bruins team chemistry, not Andrew Ference.

They are doing what got them here. Only Carolina is doing it better.

I'm O.K. with adding Bitz to the lineup, but not in place of Shawn Thornton. However , neither guy is an Alex Ovechkin, the impact of these players is minimal, at best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]There are many reasons why the Bruins are losing this series but in my honest opinion it comes down to one thing....coaching. The straight truth here is that Paul Maurice and Ron Francis are outsmarting Claude Julien. Think about it, the whole year the B's have been passing D to D and it's worked, now all of a sudden it doesn't. The Canes have figured out how to neutralize the D-D pass, by forechecking, and the B's just haven't been able to figure out how to get it out of their own zone. So far as I can tell, the Bruins played about 5 minutes of good hockey last night, where they really took it to the Canes. And for those people who think Tim Thomas stinks, seriously the guy is facing like 40+ shots a night, he can't stop all of them. He's like a pitcher that throws a no hitter, and loses because his team committed a few errors in the field. If Ward was facing as many shots as Thomas, he would be letting up just as many goals, so lay off the guy a little here, he can't do it all.
    Posted by shawnOrd[/QUOTE]

How can there be 4 canes in front of cam ward one moment and then 3 guys in front of thomas the next? That's what i want to know. And don't say "speed".

They found a hole. You're right. That's why I'm replying to this post in particular. Im sum, the coaching staff needs to close the hole that the Canes found.

Secondly. I've met lots of brilliant people in my time and for every one, except one, there's someone more brilliant. Logic. So to say CJ was outsmarted is realistic, even though CJ himself is GREAT. So are his assistant coaches.

Thirdly, here's the first puzzle to be solved: How did the Canes render both Kessel and Ryder completely ineffective? Hint at a solution: How was Savard able to overcome whatever Carolina did?

Only 3 points of optimism, for those still willing to hope against hope.

1. Boston has nothing to lose now in the sense that they had nothing to lose last postseason. So they will be a different team next game.

2. They really only need to win the next 2 because once it's 3-3, it's anyone's series and pure endorphins will kick in. Do or die.

3. If Carolina turned things around after game 1, then so can Boston. Because the turn-around WAS a 180. So it can be done.

BU

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Bruins hit 2 posts.

Bruins , Axelsson gets the only breakaway of the game. Does not score.

Opportunties were there. Even with the the missed chances, this was another close game until the final minutes. Carolina is working on all cylinders , the Bruins are surely not playing their best at all.

If the Bruins were burying their early scoring chances and getting the lead, I would like our chances much more. This team plays better when they have the lead, playing catch up is not what they do best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins hit 2 posts. Bruins , Axelsson gets the only breakaway of the game. Does not score. Opportunties were there. Even with the the missed chances, this was another close game until the final minutes. Carolina is working on all cylinders , the Bruins are surely not playing their best at all. If the Bruins were burying their early scoring chances and getting the lead, I would like our chances much more. This team plays better when they have the lead, playing catch up is not what they do best.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

it is a little tough to score when:
    1 they can't clear their own zone
    2 when they do eventually cleaar the zone they end up taking a shot from the blue line or shooting right into the three or fo9ur defensemen infront of cam ward,
    3 what was up with teh line changes last night, it seemed like it was one on four when ever  a bruin got into the offensive zone and that player was waiting for his teammates to come give him a hand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

2 or 3 goalposts? I forget.

I'm not one for the whole goalpost thing (a miss is a miss), or the ref/bad penalty thing (excuses), but when you put those 2 together, with an already weak offense, the outcome is written.

I'd show video to demonstrate, but I don't feel like it right now. Will try not to think about it until tomorrow. But realize this: If one of those posts had been a goal, and one of the (at least 2) bad penalties had not been called (both at crucial times), we would all be here thinking, hey, things ain't so bad! Our boys made some errors but it's FAR from over!

Well guess what? There is no such think as the hockey gods (CJ's reference). And if luck had gone the other way in even one of those two situations, the discussion boards would be packed with very different content today.

Acknowledge responsibility for the errors, but don't get all dramatic (message to those who do) about how awful the team is when it's obvious that this was a close game. Until the very end.

And make no mistake: If even one element of luck had gone the other way, then no further goals would have been allowed. Canes' momentum would have been broken.

Just don't forget that, no matter what should happen next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This has nothing to do with coaching, Management or ownership. This team is deep with lots of skill. It just turns out these guys have no heart or desire! they are not willing to sacrafice them selfs to make a play...plain and simple Cans want it more!

In the Bruins honor I went to the Driving Range today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Oh! So that's what the problem is! No heart!

Got it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jakerbaker. Show Jakerbaker's posts

The Bruins "system" is the problem.  Too much cycling with their heads facing the boards in both zones.  Carolina has figured out how to attack the way the Bruins play and the Bruins are making it easy by not changing the way they attack Carolina.  That BS about too many players not buying in to the game plan/system is a joke.  The Coaching staff has to make an adjustment and stop being so predictable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

They beat the Habs in 4 and won the first Canes game by playing a fast physical game. Thornton should be in there, and Chara should put his tea set away, and they should play a hard nosed kickass game, and they would win the next 3.  CJ should let the boys play the game the way they can play it.  If they loose this series CJ should go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You all forgot one thing. Canes have an extra coach . He's called Pierre Mcguire ! (aka behind the glass on NBC)  
    If only you can hear now if you're in Canada on TSN.  Canadian Bruin fans know what I'm talking about. 
    Bruins really need to impose their forecheck, cycle and their physical game.
    Hurt them on them on the scoreboard and physically. 
    Next step (after winning tonite) they must freakin' win a game in Carolina !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Where'd you get this story? Missed it...