It is obvious how Paille is a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

It is obvious how Paille is a bust

He had a bunch of chances to score last game, including the breakaway in which he made no indication of any puck skill. He is simply unimpressive with the puck on his stick and will never be more than a fourth line energizer. Back to the AHL for him when Savard and Lucic return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

Re: It is obvious how Paille is a bust

i dont know i would rather send down marchand,he obviesly does not have the strength to play in this league he has been getting pushed around badly and i think he had 3 really bad penalties last game,frustration?Listen P J was not the best scorer in the league either but he served a purpose IMHO i think Paille replaced PJ,but with more spead and better hitter.Everyone has a role no one is asking Thorts to pot 20 goals a year and that is not the reason we picked up Paille.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Paillé showed great things on recents PK......Axelson was missing empty nets, so, we're not worse with Paillé, and he hits more.

As BruinsFan76, I think that Marchand is a deception up to now....he didn't follow with what he did in pre-season.....He showed no goal scoring touch, no strong physical presence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

If we decided who deserves to be with the team by how they handle break aways then Sturm, Wheeler, Bergeron and Pailie all need to be sent down.  Let's get real.  The guy has speed, strength, hockey sense and a willingness to use the body.  Our PK has been great since he has been on the roster.  He is not going anywhere.  Marchand will be sent down when our other pieces return.  Another year of seasoning will serve him well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

and Pailie has a one-way contract..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoJo30. Show DoJo30's posts

According to your theory bergeron is a bust too. My theory is you have no clue

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

bergeron missed TWO breakaways against Buffalo, SEND HIM DOWN

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

He has filled in admirably as PC saw him as a short term solution but I was choked when someone mentioned here he should be up for contract renewal after 4-5 games. Buffalo didn't make a mistake & we are not stealing a " Versteeg" back. He is a bubble player & starter when injuries occur & no more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Paille is a fourth line energy guy and a decent penalty killer. Were we expecting more? He pretty much came  as advertised. Not to mention he  hits and has more of an  offensive upside than PJ did, God rest his soul. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: It is obvious how Paille is a bust:
    [QUOTE]According to your theory bergeron is a bust too. My theory is you have no clue
    Posted by DoJo30[/QUOTE]

Nice.

You just might be too smart for these boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Maybe you should let PC & CJ know this, apperantly they are not paying attention like you are. Great PK guys are a dime a dozen too.

Crosby missed a breakaway shot last game too, I don't get why he is not in Wilkes-Barre????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Guys, he was terrible against Buffalo. He doesnt have hockey sense, he isn't hamering people on every shift like you are saying, he isn't even playing smart hockey all the time (ex. passing the puck on the blue line creating an offside, blowing a 2 on 1). If he was an all-star like you guys describe him to be, he wouldn't be on our team right now, he's not even nearly as good as Axelsson. And Tuukkainnet, I wouldn't be nervous about him being claimed off waivers if we sent him to Providence, and if he was claimed, it would be no loss. Bergeron is a different story, only an idiot would compare him to Paille, which makes sense considering it coming from dkrejci and dojo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sorry fireballer but you're dead wrong on this guy. He is the replacment of PJ .  Maybe PJ had something this guy doesn't but so does Paille have what PJ doesn't,  physical strengh and can lay the body as good as anyone in this league.
    Marchand is the only one going down and Sobotka will be kept up to keep the rest honest.  Every other game whomever is not playing upto par will be scratched and watch the game from the press box, even Recchi or Paille if not doing is job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

Fireballer....

Please stop your act.

NOBODY here has remotey insinuated that Daniel Paille is an all-star.  He is NOT an all-star.

But for all your bluster about what other people are saying about him...your actually worse.

Paille has instantly become the best PK forward on the team.  The PK began improving almost instantly when Paille joined the team.

And he is nowhere near the horrible player you make him out to be.  

Here is the REALITY of Daniel Paiile:

- Great PK player.  Great instinct and dogged in those situations
    - Very solid defensive forward.  Dogged forechecker.  Makes you earn your space
    - Average offensive ability.  Crashes the net consistently and works the boards well. Not a great shooter.  HAs never been projected to be a 40 goal guy, but certainly has potential to be a 20 goal 3rd liner.
    - Solid checker.  Wont put you through a wall, but finishes his checks.

He is what he is...a solid 3rd liner, who can play up on a 2nd line for stretches.

He has played VERY well with Sobotka and Wheeler.

Honestly, how you missed his excellent play with those 2 is beyond me.

Me thinks you simply don't like him and you have made him a nice scapegoat.

Later

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, he was terrible against Buffalo. He doesnt have hockey sense, he isn't hamering people on every shift like you are saying, he isn't even playing smart hockey all the time (ex. passing the puck on the blue line creating an offside, blowing a 2 on 1). If he was an all-star like you guys describe him to be, he wouldn't be on our team right now, he's not even nearly as good as Axelsson. And Tuukkainnet, I wouldn't be nervous about him being claimed off waivers if we sent him to Providence, and if he was claimed, it would be no loss. Bergeron is a different story, only an idiot would compare him to Paille, which makes sense considering it coming from dkrejci and dojo.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

I hadnt read your post before I posted to you about Paille.

But after I finished your post, I wished that I had wasted my breath.

Your comment about Rask shows how ridiculous, uninformed and stupid you are.

THere is nobody in hockey who would tell you that Rask is anything less than a future stud.

Sure, there is a chance he isnt a great one.  But the fact remains that he is universally viewed as a top goalie prospect.

You don't have a clue about what your talking about. 

Later

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The PK since he got here has been awesome and yes I can't wait till he gets reunited with Sobotka-Wheeler that line was getting ready to explode! I would have liked to see Pi-Yah get some more goals and finish breakaways but for now he has been a real good pick up. Kudos to our scouting and development dept. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Kudos to our scouting and development Dept.  
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yes,  basically the Bruins were having trouble and any player they put with Begin to kill on the PK just was not working out . Now they're an awesome pair.
    It was a simple move by management seeing that the pk needed help, Chiarelli sent out his scouts and bingo !
    These are moves that management doesn't get enough credit for but some fans expect every move to be for a super-star .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from T00fresh. Show T00fresh's posts

paille was a bust in buffalo because of his high draft pick and high expectations. as long as we don't rely on him for offense we are good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

If people expect Paille to come in and be a scorer, then he's a bust.  However, if you look at his role on the PK- he came in and the PK unit improved RIGHT AWAY.  When paired with Wheels and Sobotka, they had a lot of success and presented problems to other teams because of their speed.

Like SanDog said- i'd like to see that line back together once other guys get healthy again.  Paille is not a great player, but he is contributing right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I don't think Claude shares your opinion.. thank God...he is a new guy coming in from a new system and is trying to get his feet wet with how the Bruins play..The guy had been sitting and not playing and you expect him to just fit right in and carry on.. I don't think it works that way...its called an adjustment period.. All I see is a guy who plays hard on the puck , takes the body, and plays his position pretty well for a 4th liner...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the bruins proved to me that we have depth in the organization,and thats a good thing ,,lets go bruins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

wow the world is full of stupid people.

It's amazing how people value a player's value merely by his point totals.

Since when was that the only reason to put people on the ice? What about defensive oriented forwards? Every team needs role players, because roles need to be filled. You need agitators, you need defensive roled players in EVERY position, you need charector players to keep proper chemistry on and off the ice, you need veterans to teach the young players the ropes, you need the young kids who have energy to give the team a boost, you need fighters to defend your stars or swing momentum...

A lot of these rolls don't translate to goals. But they are all just as important.

And for the record, as far as who is going to go to the minors,  I'm going to trust the likes of Chiarelli, KPD, Fluto, and other people know enough about hockey to be PAID for their thoughts and opinions, and not some random message board loser who thinks they know more than the management does!

You are fireballer58, and you are a dolt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Im not saying that he is a 50 FVCKING GOAL SCORER. Im saying you can see how he is a bust. He was a first round pick and has only amounted to being a 4th liner. Its amazing how idiots like davecarr that other guy who thought I was talking about Tuukka Rask when I was replying to TuukkaInNet's comment (haha that guy is ret@rded). If he wasn't a bust, he wouldn't be on our team. How the hell are you dumb@sses not able to understand that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well, to be perfectly honest, you made it sound like he was a bust for us, which he wasn't. He was essentially a third rounder for us, as thats what we traded to get him, and its turned out to be a very good trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

All in the perspective.  DK46 is right- he is a good pickup for BOS based on what we gave up. 

FIreballs is right if you look at it from BUF's point of view- bad first round pick.

One thing is for sure- the B's need this guy on the PK right now he's made them better.  Reunite him with Wheels and VS!!!

Sections
Shortcuts