It is obvious how Paille is a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Re: It is obvious how Paille is a bust

Ya...Paille is never gonna be anything more than a penalty killing role player for this team. If he couldn't put the puck in the net in the Buffalo game where he had 3 or 4 glittering oppertunities then he never will.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

SpJay and stinger thank you,

and classic dkrejci and imafan, whining and complaining

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: It is obvious how Paille is a bust:
    [QUOTE]All in the perspective.  DK46 is right- he is a good pickup for BOS based on what we gave up.  FIreballs is right if you look at it from BUF's point of view- bad first round pick. One thing is for sure- the B's need this guy on the PK right now he's made them better.  Reunite him with Wheels and VS!!!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that I was confused myself Stinger. Now I don't have to go back and read to find out where I was missing something. Glad that's cleared up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Many of you would like to see Paillé with Wheeler and Sobotka again, but then, who would play with Krejci and Ryder ???

Krejci will be back against Pittsburgh, so :

Sturm-Bergeron-Ryder
    Recchi-Krecji-Marchand
    Wheeler-Sobotka-Paillé
    Bitz-Bégin-Thornton

????  The second line look too weak....in fact, I don't know where to put Recchi in the line up, except in the press galery !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

It looks like Paille is a fast skater.  Could be as fast as Kessel (was).  If he can hit the twine , he might have some real upside potential. Sometimes players take some years and experience to find their game.  Our coaching staff is good at teaching and bringing out the best. 

Paille may surprise us this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]It looks like Paille is a fast skater.  Could be as fast as Kessel (was).  If he can hit the twine , he might have some real upside potential. Sometimes players take some years and experience to find their game.  Our coaching staff is good at teaching and bringing out the best.  Paille may surprise us this year. 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I agree that he may be a surprise for us....If you put your self in scoring positions good things will happen and over the last few games that is exactly what Paille has done.  We shouldn't forget that the Sabers are loaded with forwards and he wasn't getting any minutes for them.  There still might be a little rust on the stick even thought the skates look great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

[QUOTE]i dont know i would rather send down marchand,he obviesly does not have the strength to play in this league he has been getting pushed around badly and i think he had 3 really bad penalties last game,frustration?Listen P J was not the best scorer in the league either but he served a purpose IMHO i think Paille replaced PJ,but with more spead and better hitter.Everyone has a role no one is asking Thorts to pot 20 goals a year and that is not the reason we picked up Paille.
    Posted by bruinsfan76[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you've said other than sending Marchand down. I think I'd rather see Witfield get gone and quick. This kid is tougher than you are giving him credit for. Your right though, he needs to control his emotions on the ice. That wont help the team, but his work ethic is what the Bruins need right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You might wanna pay attention to what he does on the PK. And with his speed, he's still gonna pop in about 20 a year when he gets comfortable with a center/line. He's never going to be Ovechkin, or even (either) Kane, but he'll be fine on the third line.

In Response to It is obvious how Paille is a bust:
    [QUOTE]He had a bunch of chances to score last game, including the breakaway in which he made no indication of any puck skill. He is simply unimpressive with the puck on his stick and will never be more than a fourth line energizer. Back to the AHL for him when Savard and Lucic return.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Send the entire team down they're all lousy!!!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

Mr imafan,  did you eat some bad chicken pot pie and it upset your tummy?  You know, you shouldn't eat it after it's ten (10) days old.  Did it have blue gray mold or yellow slime?

Or, did you eat too much Halloween candy and now you have to keep running to the bathroom?

Either way, I just want to express my sympathy for your toxic condition.  Wishing you a full recovery and return to hockey health...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is obvious how Paille is a bust : I agree with everything you've said other than sending Marchand down. I think I'd rather see Witfield get gone and quick. This kid is tougher than you are giving him credit for. Your right though, he needs to control his emotions on the ice. That wont help the team, but his work ethic is what the Bruins need right now.
    Posted by BeantownBDH[/QUOTE]

You're correct ,  Whitfield will be sent down aswell as Marchand when Lucic and Savard get back.  Sobotka is the extra player Bruins are keeping.
    As for Paille , fireballer58, he's going to stay as he more than accomplished what he's was brought to the Bruins for.  Agree that the Sabres made a bad pick taking him in the 1st round but that's what it is if you're not a top 5 prospect. 
    I'm not convinced on Hamill yet either.  He has the hockey smarts but is not a fast skater and small. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

A 3rd line player can be a bust?

Who knew.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

pj was done in boston the guy couldn't score on an empty net.Paille is a 4th liner at best, he may be a third liner here in boston since we have a shortage of pure talent. Aside from sav, who else is a natural talent and sav is much more of a playmaker then a goal scorer.
     we just have too many  character players with little to no talent. The Begin's the recchi's, paille's the bitz's and as i kept saying niether marchand or hamill are ready for nhl and probably will never be and stop dreaming with riendeau because
    he is not gonna be anywhere close to the player some of u think he will, and i believe he will never even make it to the nhl( maybe for a cup of (coffee)

All i know is this team is a not exciting wand we surely know the reason for that. The best excitement i get is watching RASK develop.

To think that many felt we had the depth to replace kess, I guess ryder and sturm are off to a slow start but when sav gets back either of them will go on to score 36 or more, yeah sure!

Talent talent talent, sick and tired of these "character" players with no elite talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]pj was done in boston the guy couldn't score on an empty net.Paille is a 4th liner at best, he may be a third liner here in boston since we have a shortage of pure talent. Aside from sav, who else is a natural talent and sav is much more of a playmaker then a goal scorer.  we just have too many  character players with little to no talent. The Begin's the recchi's, paille's the bitz's and as i kept saying niether marchand or hamill are ready for nhl and probably will never be and stop dreaming with riendeau because he is not gonna be anywhere close to the player some of u think he will, and i believe he will never even make it to the nhl( maybe for a cup of (coffee) All i know is this team is a not exciting wand we surely know the reason for that. The best excitement i get is watching RASK develop. To think that many felt we had the depth to replace kess, I guess ryder and sturm are off to a slow start but when sav gets back either of them will go on to score 36 or more, yeah sure! Talent talent talent, sick and tired of these "character" players with no elite talent.
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

AHHH MARCO , I LIKE THIS POST FROM YOU !!!

I was one of those that was saying that between Krejci, Ryder, Sturm and Bergeron the Bruins would chip away at the 36 goals Kessel scored.  So far I'm dead in the water with that.
    I think Chiarelli is watching also and both he and Neely realize that they need some offensive punch to be a contender or at least going to the Conference final (at that point the healthiest team passes). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

kessel was not "elite," and i really doubt his 1 goal would change out season around too much.

Furthermore its pretty unfair to condemn a guy to the AHL for his career before hes played a game of professional hockey, while doing nothing but impress in junior.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

dkrejci46, kess is back now right so let's stop with that. I am talkn about exciting hockey which if u choose to be fair kess provided much of. Now, if u think that a 21 yrs old who scored 36 was not elite then what do u consider elite.
    how many 21 yrold ever score 36 or more in the nhl.kee will be a top 6 point getter in the nhl as soon as next yr. write that one down

i have watched riendeau and needs to work on his skating and if u knew how many guys impress in junior and have phenomenal stats and never even make itand thts's not even considering the guys that tear up the ahl and never mount to any kind of nhler(sobotoka is may candidate for this one)

u probably do not remeber this guy Stephane lebeau- 78 goals in ahl

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i know a ton of guys don't make it, but i'll stand by what i said, its not fair to condemn a guy before hes pulled on a P-Bruins sweater.
    Would you prefer the team be exciting and lose or boring and win?
    not all teams are like pittsburgh and detroit, and for the most part, boring hockey can be winning hockey. I would almost prefer the bruins to play a boring "devils" brand of hockey because its successful.
    and no, Kessel is not elite, top 6 in points in the NHL? yea, i highly doubt that, he was fourth on the Bruins last year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I agree, a bust from Buffy's perspective maybe. but for the B's he was the first part of a solution. The PK was one of their biggest issues and for a 3rd rounder the returns have been immediate. So a bust for the Bruins? Hardly. Paille is no big scorer but he's defensively sound and seems to have decent hockey sense (don't most/all good defensive forwards?), so I don't know where that came in. Yeah, he missed those breakaways but looks like he's got some sting in his shot and seems to play the passing lanes well in the neutral zone (another area they needed improvement). Wouldn't surprise me if he put some fair to decent numbers up over the next few years either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

it's not fair to condemn a player but fair to praise him to stardom when he hasn't even touched a puck on a nhl ice surface.

last yr they were exciting and they were winning also the devils have won 3 cups (not including prehistoric history)so they are in a different class and they can play that style because they had the best goalie of all-time and they had studs on defence like the niedermayers the stevens, the daneyko, the rafaklski's
    they also had forwards like shanahan, gomes, elias, rolston, madden, etc..
    u cannot compare this team anywhere slose to the championship teams the devils had. Here in boston i think it is fair to say that the consensus is no longer just to make playoffs, we want a cup and this team even with sav and lucic back are not a cup winner unless of course we face teams who will be filled with injuries and we would be healthy which in turn would be called the back door cup. boston has never been this lucky and i do not believe that it will begin this yr.
    btw, kess was 3rd last yr in pts and 12 less games played then krejci and sav. but what kess did those can never do and very few can -SCORE GOALS , the hardest thing to do in the nhl.and this at 21

how can u even begin to say that kess was not elite last yr. don't forget  he is also a good proven playoff player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

no, he wasn't recchi was 3rd, kessel was 4th.
    so pittsburghs cup was a backdoor cup? i'd take a back door cup.

kessel is not elite, elite is crosby, datsyuk, ovechkin, malkin, kopitar, chara, lidstrom, luongo, brodeur, kovalchuk, zetterberg, Heatley, and Nash, guys like that, Kessel isn't in that category. he is second teir primary scoring..thats not a bad thing, and he might become first tier, but he isn't right now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

[QUOTE]dkrejci46, kess is back now right so let's stop with that. I am talkn about exciting hockey which if u choose to be fair kess provided much of. Now, if u think that a 21 yrs old who scored 36 was not elite then what do u consider elite. how many 21 yrold ever score 36 or more in the nhl.kee will be a top 6 point getter in the nhl as soon as next yr. write that one down i have watched riendeau and needs to work on his skating and if u knew how many guys impress in junior and have phenomenal stats and never even make itand thts's not even considering the guys that tear up the ahl and never mount to any kind of nhler(sobotoka is may candidate for this one) u probably do not remeber this guy Stephane lebeau- 78 goals in ahl
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Hi Marco,

Thats actually an interesting question.

Now, I did the research on it.  Honestly, it took me 2 minutes at the hockey reference website.  Go to their "power play" section, and you can get any historical info you want.

Anyways....

From 1980 to the present, their have been 76 individual seasons by players 21 years of age, or younger, in which that player scored AT LEAST 36 goals.

Yes, thats correct....SEVENTY-SIX!!!!

So, the reality of the situation, is that it is nowhere near as uncommon as some would have you believe it to be.

Later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

He scored......there goes the theory...damn

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

It was never a theory, I used the breakaway as an example of his lack of puck ability. It was a nice goal but hey, first time for everything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I LIKE PIEaille

been one of our hardest workers so far this season and now he's putting points on the board.

Sections
Shortcuts