It is unbelievable that...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: It is unbelievable that...

courage in your convictions = key.

im sick of hearing: what happens if we let player x walk and he turns out to be good.

Guess what guys, it will happen.  But you still need to trust your scouts and make decisions accordingly. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

In Response to Re: It is unbelievable that...:
    I know people around here either love or really dislike Wheeler, but I don't see Caron, Colborne, or Sauve as a better option to start the year, unless Wheeler has a really bad summer and comes to camp unprepared, or one of those three come to camp and blow everyone away.  If the Bruins really want to give one of them a chance they could just walk away from the Wheeler decision, which has happened before. As for Ryder, I can't see him getting traded because I don't know if anyone would take him. Plus this year is a contract year for him, and I would say 20-30 goals is a reasonable expectation for him this year. I'd much rather have the 3 of them, along with Hamill and Marchand, bond and develop in Providence.  I'd love to see how far a top line of Caron-Colborne-Sauve could go in the AHL.  Then if an injury comes up or some really struggles, call the most productive/best fit up.  Not that they aren't talented enough to be on the team, but I'd rather keep them in the AHL for the year to develop and prolong their ELC, so that next year when Ryder, Sturm, and possibly Recchi are gone, we have three guys that are fully prepared to step in (not to mention with low salaries).  They didn't rush Rask, and I think it really paid off, so hopefully the same can happen for these three guys. Opening night (barring injuries), I see the roster looking like this: Lucic-Savard-Horton Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi Paille-Campbell-Thornton Chara-Boychuk Seidenberg-Stuart Hunwick-Ference(Possible Thomas return could bump one of these two) Rask (backup)
    Posted by Skadude22

Exactly right.....let the kids develop in Providence, which also gives the organization more depth.  Everyone should realize that over the course of the year, there are injuries and poor play which will require players to be called up.  It was a lack of depth in the organization that cost the Bruins in the playoffs this year....Sturm and Krejci went down and no one was able to replace them.  I also think you nailed it on the opening day lineup.  Not much else PC can do, given the cap constraints, but I would be more than happy if we started the year with that lineup and everyone was HEALTHY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: It is unbelievable that... : Exactly right.....let the kids develop in Providence, which also gives the organization more depth.  Everyone should realize that over the course of the year, there are injuries and poor play which will require players to be called up.  It was a lack of depth in the organization that cost the Bruins in the playoffs this year....Sturm and Krejci went down and no one was able to replace them.  I also think you nailed it on the opening day lineup.  Not much else PC can do, given the cap constraints, but I would be more than happy if we started the year with that lineup and everyone was HEALTHY.
    Posted by dskerr

Poor play earns players extra ice time on Julien's Bruins team!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Great post! Lots of good opinion here... but, I must have been watching the wrong games because I haven't been very impressed with any of these guys except for Seguin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

In Response to It is unbelievable that...:
    the Bruins are definitely a Cup contender. That is very exciting. 
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Wow the Bruins are defintely a Stanley Cup contending team... The kool aid is flowing early this off season... It feels like 1997 all over again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to It is unbelievable that... : Wow the Bruins are defintely a Stanley Cup contending team... The kool aid is flowing early this off season... It feels like 1997 all over again!
    Posted by ritwalljones

'97?

Sounds like '09!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: It is unbelievable that... : SanDog, I usually agree with you but on this post I disagree.  I suggest that Caron and Colbourne are certain to make an impact this year (hopefully a positive one). I believe they will be given every opportunity to pass B. Marchand and Z. Hamill.  In order to extend the opportunity you can easily make Thornton, Paille or even Ryder and Wheeler Healthy scratches. Posted by RickyHussle

If Colborne and Caron were to bump players in the depth department I'm all for it but it won't be Paille PK reasons plus nothing that CJ did last year with Wheeker and Ryder would make me believe that they would get healthy scratches this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My prediction for next year's lineup:

Wheeler -- Krejci -- Horton

Caron -- Bergeron -- Recchi

Lucic -- Seguin -- Ryder

Paille -- Campbell -- Thornton

Extra: Hamill

Chara -- Seidenberg

Stuart -- Defenseman PC gets for Savard

Boychuk -- Ferrence

Extra: Hunwick

Rask
    Thomas

That Seguin line is pretty interesting...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I understand the appeal of bringing Joe Colborne up to the big team this year because he looks so promising, but I don't see him making the team for two reasons:

1. There is no room on the team unless he really impresses the higher-ups enough to bump somebody else out of their spot.

2.  The potential to hurt his development by throwing him right into the fire is a real possibility, and it seems the prospect of giving him a year to sharpen his skills in the AHL wouldn't hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: It is unbelievable that... : LOL.... he said can also play goalie.
    Posted by BsLegion

He didn't say he COULD play goalie.  He said he WOULD play goalie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I understand the appeal of bringing Joe Colborne up to the big team this year because he looks so promising, but I don't see him making the team for two reasons: 1. There is no room on the team unless he really impresses the higher-ups enough to bump somebody else out of their spot. 2.  The potential to hurt his development by throwing him right into the fire is a real possibility, and it seems the prospect of giving him a year to sharpen his skills in the AHL wouldn't hurt.
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Bergeron and Lucic didn't have a problem with development.  If Colborne starts in the NHL and tanks, he can go back to Providence.  It's not like most hockey players are Fragile Frannies who will spin in a spiral of depression if they start in the NHL and get sent down.

Sections
Shortcuts