3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Re: it's BRUINS vs Flyers!

In Response to it's BRUINS vs Flyers!:
    Hal Gill big assist
    Posted by watchtower

Not so fast....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No, not the way things are going tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Think Bettman just broke his television?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Re: it's BRUINS vs Flyers!:
    In Response to it's BRUINS vs Flyers! : Not so fast....
    Posted by UCONN

OK - Flyers it is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Playoffs are all about matchups and just like the Sabres where a good matchup for the Bruins and the Flyers are another great matchup for the Bruins.
       Don't get me wrong no match up is easy in the playoffs...you have to outplay and outbattle the other team. 
       Can't wait to see the Bruins perform in the second round!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I really wanted to see the Caps win.  I honestly wouldn't have cared if the B's had ended up playing the Pens, because if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.  I know it sounds cliche, but it's true.  They'll end up getting Pittsburgh in round 3 (hopefully).

Still, B's vs. Flyers will be a good series.  I hate those obnoxious Philly fans, they're easily the 2nd worst next to Habs fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would love to see B's whip the habs in the conference finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Has anyone seen the game dates yet for rd 2 philly and Bs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would not bet against the Habs because for them too the Pens are a good matchup!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

As much as I hate to see it -- you have to hand it to the Habs. Down 3-1 and pulling it out with Drydenesque goaltending. Taking 3 in Capland has to have the Pens shaking a bit.

Good luck to the B's in the next round. Looking to face another hot goalie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I am not so sure about the decision to have Savard back for Round 2. If it were the Pens, it would be a no-brainer... but we all know about the reckless style the Flyers like to play (Carcillo, Pronger and Richards just to name a few have a long history of carelessness!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

and for Bruins fans that were hoping for this match-up... just remember there are just as many Flyers fans who were hoping for this too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The only thing that makes me nervous about the Flyers is the refs!  They are so bad all the time, you never know whats going to be called. 

The thing Im hoping is, with the recent history and Savy coming back, the league and refs will crack down on the knuckleheaded crap that Philly loves to do.

I also think if Boston can play composed (Lucic more than anyone cause he loves to throw punches in a pile), that the calls will go Bostons way and the Flyers will be forced to play a straight up brand of hockey.  At least in the first 2 games.  Once it goes back to Philly, we'll see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Definitely understand your caution Remi but there's no way Julien or PC could hold Savard back now. It's go time and Marc knows the Flyer goons will be after him that's hockey that's the way it goes weather fans like it or not.

I believe the league sifts the bad crews (might be all of them) out for the remaining rounds. Terry Gregson needs to get these crews right it's crucial.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Flyers will be a tough team to play. They have dirtbags in their team like scott hartnell .

But we can definitely match their scappyness but also can score goals.

We are no doubt a more talented offensively and rask is better than boucher. In theory we should win in 6 games.

I hope the canadians can pull another one out of the hat and beat the penguins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Dump the puck into Pronger's corner.  Again and again.  Forecheck, pound Pronger into the boards.  Wear him out.

That's the strategy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

and for Bruins fans that were hoping for this match-up... just remember there are just as many Flyers fans who were hoping for this too!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Yeah, but Flyers fans are stupid.

You're from here in Jersey, so you know what I'm saying.

I mean, they root for the Flyers, for God's sake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Has anyone seen the game dates yet for rd 2 philly and Bs
    Posted by mxx

www.tsn.ca has it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

I really wanted to see the Caps win.  I honestly wouldn't have cared if the B's had ended up playing the Pens, because if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.  I know it sounds cliche, but it's true.  They'll end up getting Pittsburgh in round 3 (hopefully). Still, B's vs. Flyers will be a good series.  I hate those obnoxious Philly fans, they're easily the 2nd worst next to Habs fans.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.....

First off...No, you don't have to beat the best actually because Montreal just beat them (Yes you could argue Pitt is the best)

YES it does matter because beating Philly then Pittsburgh is ALOT less of a task then beating Pittsburgh then Washington.

WAKE UP MORON

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

My bet is that this series goes 6 games .... Flyers, a hard team to figure out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: it's BRUINS vs Flyers! : This is the dumbest thing I have ever read..... First off...No, you don't have to beat the best actually because Montreal just beat them (Yes you could argue Pitt is the best) YES it does matter because beating Philly then Pittsburgh is ALOT less of a task then beating Pittsburgh then Washington. WAKE UP MORON
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan1985

What's your problem?  I'm just saying I would have rather seen the Caps win, no need to get all upset about it.

And by saying "Yes you could argue Pitt is the best", you're pretty much admitting your argument is pointless.  And the Bruins wouldn't have necessarily played Washington, because they could have lost to Philly in round 2, unless you are some sort of psychic. 

P.S. Congratulations, you called someone a moron on boston.com, now why don't you get off your _ss and actually do something with your life.  It's ok if you have low self-esteem, but you don't need to start acting in a pis_y mood to everyone else here on the boards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

If Tuuka continues his outstanding play, we should move onto the conference final. Getting Savvy back is a big plus and hopefully he stays healthy the rest of the way. 

I know I'm getting ahead of the upcoming series, but does anyone else here crave a Halak vs. Rask conference final?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think we should not make the same mistake as last year.  I think the players leraned from it and us fans should also understand that no matchup will be easy.