It's Tuukka time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

It's Tuukka time!

I am actually one of the Thomas supporters too, but I am getting sick of this guy.  His rebound control is horrendous, easy unscreened shots from 50 feet away and he constantly just puts the rebounds right back into the slot creating an unneccesary scramlble for the defense.  His rebound control has always been an issue but it seems like it is getting a lot worse than years past.  I thought he did a great job last season at not giving up softies, but this year half of the goals that get by him are pretty weak.

That first goal tonight may not of looked soft because the guy was wide open in front of the net but it was a soft goal.  He was 6 inches in front of Thomas and scored 5 hole on him.  All Thomas had to do is drop and he would of had nothing to shoot at but pads.  Thomas had plenty of time to read the pass was coming there and was lazy dropping to the butterfly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Re: It's Tuukka time!

The first goal was a perfectly excecuted play from the corner by Philadelphia and a great finish by Van Reimsdyk. It more than likely would have gone in on Tuukka, Brodeur, Roy, or any other goalie. There really wasn't much Thomas could do...that should be the defenders stepping up and preventing that play from happening, not really on Thomas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to It's Tuukka time!:
    I am actually one of the Thomas supporters too, but I am getting sick of this guy.  His rebound control is horrendous, easy unscreened shots from 50 feet away and he constantly just puts the rebounds right back into the slot creating an unneccesary scramlble for the defense.  His rebound control has always been an issue but it seems like it is getting a lot worse than years past.  I thought he did a great job last season at not giving up softies, but this year half of the goals that get by him are pretty weak. That first goal tonight may not of looked soft because the guy was wide open in front of the net but it was a soft goal.  He was 6 inches in front of Thomas and scored 5 hole on him.  All Thomas had to do is drop and he would of had nothing to shoot at but pads.  Thomas had plenty of time to read the pass was coming there and was lazy dropping to the butterfly.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Hey Bud, is the armchair comfortable where your sitting?  Hindsight is such a great thing.. You played goalie before ? How you can blame Thomas for those  two goals is beyond me..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time!:
    The first goal was a perfectly excecuted play from the corner by Philadelphia and a great finish by Van Reimsdyk. It more than likely would have gone in on Tuukka, Brodeur, Roy, or any other goalie. There really wasn't much Thomas could do...that should be the defenders stepping up and preventing that play from happening, not really on Thomas.
    Posted by Heelsox

Like I said on the other post. If Rask was in nets , the shot gets blocked, Rask doesn't have to make a save, Bruins break out 2 on 1 and take the lead 2-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time! : Like I said on the other post. If Rask was in nets , the shot gets blocked, Rask doesn't have to make a save, Bruins break out 2 on 1 and take the lead 2-1.
    Posted by BsLegion

Exactly...it's odd how this happens, but it was very noticable tonight. Thomas had to work twice has hard tonight as I've seen Tuukka work all season.

I'm not hating on Tuukka or anything at all..he's my favorite on this team by alot..but something about the way things fall when Tuukka is in net always go his way..while Thomas seems to find little luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Look at the game against the Leafs ,  it was 7-1 and Rask got a fluke goal in from Schenn I think, a floater that got deflected, a little like the 2nd goal the Flyers scored tonite.  The difference is who cares the Leafs score a bad , lucky goal, the game is in the bag, Bruins scored 7.  I cannot say the same for tonites fluke, bad goal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In Response to It's Tuukka time! : Hey Bud, is the armchair comfortable where your sitting?  Hindsight is such a great thing.. You played goalie before ? How you can blame Thomas for those  two goals is beyond me..
    Posted by cowboys9

I actually was a goalie and played at a semi-pro level.  :p

The reason Thomas seems to have to work twice is hard stems from all the bad rebounds which gets the other players unorganized in their own zone and running around.  When Tuukka is in goal, he smothers the puck or directs it to the corner and keeps things calm.  Not that hard to see.  This is why Thomas is always facing more shots than Tuukka.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time! : I actually was a goalie and played at a semi-pro level.  :p The reason Thomas seems to have to work twice is hard stems from all the bad rebounds which gets the other players unorganized in their own zone and running around.  When Tuukka is in goal, he smothers the puck or directs it to the corner and keeps things calm.  Not that hard to see.  This is why Thomas is always facing more shots than Tuukka.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Good observation a-c...That actually makes a lot of sense.
    However, I think the bruins have to keep playing Thomas, because Rask would have a bonus kick in that I don't think the bruins can afford under the cap, if he were to play a certain number of games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

that bonus will effect next years cap room if, and only if they go over the cap. Thats fine, if they can find a way to move Thomas in the off season and sign a backup goalie for around 1.5 mill they still come out on top.

Sections
Shortcuts