Jack Edwards: Yea or Nay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctbruin. Show ctbruin's posts

Jack Edwards: Yea or Nay?

Am I the only one out there who thinks Jack Edwards is unlistenable? What does everyone else think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

Re: Jack Edwards: Yea or Nay?

I agree. He is the company stooge that Jacobs wanted in the booth to sell his product to the fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

I wish the would shoot him down the river as he says in what he thinks is an intelligent hockey quip. The guy is so dry and nausesating to listen to. He is so monotone i can't stand it.  We need someone like Fred Kusick back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He's a fan, I'm ok with that. He has to be aware of the some of the harsh reviews, but he won't change his style. He deserves credit for being true to himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Ive wanted him gone for over a year, he's brutal. Brickley probably requested to be between the benchs to get away from him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Jack Edwards: Yea or Nay?:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one out there who thinks Jack Edwards is unlistenable? What does everyone else think?
    Posted by ctbruin[/QUOTE]

He's awesome, his commentary about Ference ripping Avery "limb from limb" last year is refreshing. He is far from a puppet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeremyCJohnson. Show JeremyCJohnson's posts

I can think of worse play-by-play announcers.

But one thing that urkes me is when Edwards refers to the blue area surrounding the net as "the paint". Jack - the Bruins don't play basketball, it's called "the crease".

Sounds like something you'd hear coming from a Panthers or Coyotes announcer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbullettrain.. Show redbullettrain.'s posts

In Response to Re: Jack Edwards: Yea or Nay?:
    [QUOTE]Ive wanted him gone for over a year, he's brutal. Brickley probably requested to be between the benchs to get away from him
    Posted by moogfan35[/QUOTE]

HAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SluggyBuggy. Show SluggyBuggy's posts

Jack Edwards is irreplaceable, he could be the bruins' biggest fan.  This should be an appreciation thread

best of Jack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ9s7jP20Is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fyPwEF2DLY&feature=related

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

bring back dale arnold

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

Dave Goucher • Bob Beers!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ditclapper. Show ditclapper's posts

NAY! I can't listen to him anymore. He's driving me nuts. He and Brickley talk way too much. They talk more than the radio broadcasters, who I think, are excellent.

The problem, for all of us, is how do you turn on Goucher and Beers, when there's a six second delay with an HDTV broadcast.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sync a radio broadcast with television?

I'm looking at this product called Radio Shark ($45) that might work using a computer. Will it work?

Jack Edwards is a complete Donkey! Help!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Jack Edwards is a homer but he's entertaining.  Be careful what you wish you for- remember how boring Dale Arnold was??? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

There are much worse than Edwards. 

Plus, imagine if he wasn't a fan? That would be unlistenable. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]There are much worse than Edwards.  Plus, imagine if he wasn't a fan? That would be unlistenable. 
    Posted by BostonBeijingJT[/QUOTE]

He's actually one of the few things that are worth watching/listening to during a Bruins game right now.  He is a little bit annoying, but you eventually get used to it, or at least I did.  Oh yeah, WIDEMAN BLOWS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Nobody loves the B's more than Jack . He is a little out there sometimes but i like him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

when he was doing the road games so dale could stay in town to do his radio show following those two d bags on EEI...he was awesome.  knows the game really well.  polished.  worked nationally.  the whole bit.  dale lovers never made sense to me.  he has a nasally voice, is boring and has a few annoying phrases of his own.  remember "raaags the puck" about 20 times a telecast?

first season of full time duty was very good and last year he was still entertaining but got really over the top.  this year doesn't seem to be as bad.  either he woke up or it's just that the Bs aren't fun to call.  his battle royale with milbury over goal scoring and phil kessel last week was uncomfortable.  he definitely drinks the kool aid.  if he called a straight game with moments of extreme enthusiasm he'd be ideal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I got used to Jack! I think he's great. With the exception of Mr. Cusick the only other announer I loved listening to was Bob Nieumer (sorry spelling).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skijumper. Show skijumper's posts

Jack Edwards is a great play by play man. His enthusiasm really keeps the game intersting especially with how theBruins are playing right now. Sure he makes a few obvious mistakes but so does everyone else. HIs enthusiasm really draws me into the game. Dale Arnold was terrible. He put me to sleep.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]first season of full time duty was very good and last year he was still entertaining but got really over the top.  this year doesn't seem to be as bad.  either he woke up or it's just that the Bs aren't fun to call.  his battle royale with milbury over goal scoring and phil kessel last week was uncomfortable.  he definitely drinks the kool aid.  if he called a straight game with moments of extreme enthusiasm he'd be ideal.
    Posted by jdiddly[/QUOTE]
    jdiddly nailed it.  Jack does get over the top with his homerism, but it is usually tolerable.  As others have said, he seems to be a genuine fan of the Bruins, and not afraid to let it show.  It is pretty funny that the color commentator is often reeling the play-by-play guy in though. 

At least Jack is talking about players on both teams when he is calling games.  I can't stand play-by-play announcers who only describe the actions of the home team.  Those of you with Center Ice know what I'm talking about.  If you want to listen to a play-by-play guy who is grating to listen to, watch a few Sabres games.  That guy's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Jack Edwards knows the players of both teams, as mutant points out, and he is competant in describing what's going on.  He keeps up with the quick action.  And his odd phrases are interesting-- though I have yet to figure out what a "forearm shiver" is.  Anyone know?

The thing that really irks me is when Jack and Brick go off on a rambling tangent while the action is going. 
    "Say, Brick, what do you think of the draft system as it now stands?"   
    "Well, I think blah blah blah..." 
    "And what does this mean for the future of hockey?"  
    "Well, all things considered, it could mean....more blah..."

HELLO?  THERE'S A GAME GOING ON HERE.    Right in front of your garrulous palavering faces.

THE GAME IS WHAT MATTERS!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I didn't like Dale Arnold (aka Ned Flanders) and I didn't think there could be anyone worse.  Then they come up with Jack.  I just don't think he knows that much about hockey.  He keeps waffling about composite ssticks breaking.  I don't know if he's just plain stupid or what, but wooden sticks broke and they broke pretty often, the blades broke pretty easily.  you just didn't see it because the blade broke and the player dropped the stick and that was that.  With a composite, it is always the shaft that breaks and it's very dramatic and very noticeable.  I think if you've watched nough hockey, you understand that.  He' s just simply not very knowledgable about hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]And his odd phrases are interesting-- though I have yet to figure out what a "forearm shiver" is.  Anyone know?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    A forearm shiver is a blow or hit thrown with the forearm, as opposed to the fist, elbow, or shoulder.  I believe that it was popularized in professional "wrestling" in the 70s. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Forget forearm shiver, I still don't know what a "dummy in a kid's playground" is.  And I still haven't figured out why Michael Ryder is "Einstein's assistant".  Does anyone know what Jack was talking about when he said these two things?  Seriously, I would like some answers if anybody has them.

Sections
Shortcuts