Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

Jack Edwards addresses Savard trade rumors. Finally a stern inight into why NOT to trade Savard.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/marc-savards-merit-peter-chiarellis-plans-facilely-quash-latest-anonymous-trade-rumor.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

In Response to Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:
    [QUOTE]Jack Edwards addresses Savard trade rumors. Finally a stern inight into why NOT to trade Savard. http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/marc-savards-merit-peter-chiarellis-plans-facilely-quash-latest-anonymous-trade-rumor.html
    Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

About time. Can't stand ESPN Boston's hockey "coverage". James Murphy is PO'd. Check out his twitter page. He has his undies all in a twist and is challenging Edwards!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : About time. Can't stand ESPN Boston's hockey "coverage". James Murphy is PO'd. Check out his twitter page. He has his undies all in a twist and is challenging Edwards!
    Posted by Blackmale[/QUOTE]

LOL, seriously? For somebody who spews a lot of crap, Murphy's remarkably touchy, isn't he?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : LOL, seriously? For somebody who spews a lot of crap, Murphy's remarkably touchy, isn't he?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Yep. He is RANTING on his twitter page! It is pretty hilarious, since has no credibility to begin with...
    http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74
    Worth a couple ofcheap laughs, anyway!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Yep. He is RANTING on his twitter page! It is pretty hilarious, since has no credibility to begin with... http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74 Worth a couple ofcheap laughs, anyway!
    I actually don't blame Murphy - Edwards came within a yoctometer or flat out calling the rumor a lie, and does imply you'd have to be stupid to believe it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I actually don't blame Murphy - Edwards came within a yoctometer or flat out calling the rumor a lie, and does imply you'd have to be stupid to believe it.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

And Edwards happens to be correct. If Murph wants to dish out bogus rumors just to get attention-grabbing headlines, he has to be prepared for someone to call him on it every now and then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

He cited his report of the Horton deal 4 days before it happened as his correct rumors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : And Edwards happens to be correct. If Murph wants to dish out bogus rumors just to get attention-grabbing headlines, he has to be prepared for someone to call him on it every now and then.
    No doubt about that.  Of course, Edwards' article is entirely about how it doesn't make sense or fit Chiarelli's M.O. to trade Savard.  It's not like he has a source telling him that the Bruin's aren't shopping Savard.

Isn't it training camp yet?  It's the right month at least, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jack puts the hammer down on Murphy..

Rank Player PPG over last 4 seasons
    1. Sidney Crosby 1.39
    2. Evgeni Malkin 1.23
    3. Joe Thornton 1.18
    4. Pavel Datsyuk 1.09
    5. Marc Savard 1.057
    6. Henrik Sedin 1.055
    7. Nicklas Backstrom 1.048
    8. Vincent Lecavalier 1.04
    9. Ryan Getzlaf 0.98
    10. Paul Stastny 0.96
    11. Eric Staal 0.93
    12. Brad Richards 0.92
    13. Anze Kopitar 0.89
    14. Steven Stamkos  0.88

Rank Player 2011 Cap Hit (in millions)
    1. Sidney Crosby 8.7
    2. Evgeni Malkin 8.7
    3. Eric Staal 8.2
    4. Brad Richards 7.8
    5. Vincent Lecavalier 7.7
    6. Joe Thornton 7.2
    7. Anze Kopitar 6.8
    8. Pavel Datsyuk 6.7
    9. Nicklas Backstrom 6.7
    10. Paul Stastny 6.6
    11. Henrik Sedin 6.1
    12. Ryan Getzlaf 5.3
    13. Marc Savard 4.0
    14. Steven Stamkos  3.7

Murph got drop kicked by Edwards now look what he is tweeting. Wah, Wha Wah...

MurphysLaw74    "Oh by the way, to Jack Edwards, good luck getting any management besides Brian Burke commenting on trade rumors."

Yah really Murph you don't have any sources then if you're questioning Edwards now. Jack doesn't have to ask management birdbrain!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Thats a good article by Jack, Why would the Bruins trade Savard?? He is a guy that wants to be there, and thats something Chiarelli wants aswell players who wanna be there and compete. That was a great job of breaking it down, I hope Wheatskins read this, it might help clear things up about the value of Marc Savard. No dis respect to Seguin but he isnt able to handle Marc's responsibilities YET, I not saying he wont be able to in the future and I hope and think this kid will turn out to be a star.

Point is the Bruins are close to the cup, and closer with Savard and Seguin rather than just one of them.

KEEP SAVY!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/08/31/bruins-camp-roster-is-just-about-set/#more-9847

Oh and then James Murphy tried to call out Matt Kalman on twitter who just posted the above comments on his blog from Chiarelli about the Bruins opening day roster Good Stuff!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, I am obsessive-compulsive and can't stand the way he tried to make that point.  I mean really, so little effort to produce:
    ppg rank/Name         /ppg per M$ cap hit.
    1 Sidney Crosby 0.16
    2 Evgeni Malkin 0.14
    3 Joe Thornton 0.16
    4 Pavel Datsyuk 0.16
    5 Marc Savard 0.26
    6 Henrik Sedin 0.17
    7 Nicklas Backstrom 0.16
    8 Vincent Lecavalier 0.14
    9 Ryan Getzlaf 0.18
    10 Paul Stastny 0.15
    11 Eric Staal 0.11
    12 Brad Richards 0.12
    13 Anze Kopitar 0.13
    14 Steven Stamkos 0.24

Much more clearly shows his point - Savard is more than 50% more cost effective than most of the other players on this list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nice breakdown Doc! What's Sequin's projection for goals and points this season ? Can't wait for the Bruins Blog in game comments from everyone LoL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I actually don't blame Murphy - Edwards came within a yoctometer or flat out calling the rumor a lie, and does imply you'd have to be stupid to believe it.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Rumor mill stuff is always delivered by fluff-a-nutter(s).  Will say that Murphy did speak of the Horton trade and was correct. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Jack puts the hammer down on Murphy.. Rank Player PPG over last 4 seasons 1. Sidney Crosby 1.39 2. Evgeni Malkin 1.23 3. Joe Thornton 1.18 4. Pavel Datsyuk 1.09 5. Marc Savard 1.057 6. Henrik Sedin 1.055 7. Nicklas Backstrom 1.048 8. Vincent Lecavalier 1.04 9. Ryan Getzlaf 0.98 10. Paul Stastny 0.96 11. Eric Staal 0.93 12. Brad Richards 0.92 13. Anze Kopitar 0.89 14. Steven Stamkos  0.88 Rank Player 2011 Cap Hit (in millions) 1. Sidney Crosby 8.7 2. Evgeni Malkin 8.7 3. Eric Staal 8.2 4. Brad Richards 7.8 5. Vincent Lecavalier 7.7 6. Joe Thornton 7.2 7. Anze Kopitar 6.8 8. Pavel Datsyuk 6.7 9. Nicklas Backstrom 6.7 10. Paul Stastny 6.6 11. Henrik Sedin 6.1 12. Ryan Getzlaf 5.3 13. Marc Savard 4.0 14. Steven Stamkos  3.7 Murph got drop kicked by Edwards now look what he is tweeting. Wah, Wha Wah... MurphysLaw74    "Oh by the way, to Jack Edwards, good luck getting any management besides Brian Burke commenting on trade rumors." Yah really Murph you don't have any sources then if you're questioning Edwards now. Jack doesn't have to ask management birdbrain!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I like Edwards' as the Bruin's broadcaster but he is the definition of fanboy. If people still believe there is no truth to these Savard rumours they are kidding themselves. There are numerous reasons to trade Savard. POsting stats from the last 4 yrs has no bearing on how the Bruins should go forward.

It is evident the Bruins (Neely IMO) want to get rid of Savard & quite frankly as a fan I agree with them. For people to say "there is no reason to trade Savard"  they are blindly looking at it due to there love for the player. The guy is 33 yrs old. Bob McKenzie verified these rumours at the June draft on TSN. When McKenzie speaks I listen. There are truth to these rumours. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Maybe Thomas & Savard will be Bruins opening night but that doesn't mean the Bs haven't or ain't trying to move them. I believe Savard will be hard to move because of his contract (7 yr terms) & Thomas has become an albatross as many fans predicted when he initially signed the deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... :Bob McKenzie verified these rumours at the June draft on TSN. When McKenzie speaks I listen. There are truth to these rumours. Where there is smoke there is fire.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    He confirmed that he was shopped at the draft.  It is now September.  Is he still being shopped?  That is what Murphy says.  And don't forget, sometimes where there is smoke, there is potassium nitrate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I like Edwards' as the Bruin's broadcaster but he is the definition of fanboy. If people still believe there is no truth to these Savard rumours they are kidding themselves. There are numerous reasons to trade Savard. POsting stats from the last 4 yrs has no bearing on how the Bruins should go forward. It is evident the Bruins (Neely IMO) want to get rid of Savard & quite frankly as a fan I agree with them. For people to say "there is no reason to trade Savard"  they are blindly looking at it due to there love for the player. The guy is 33 yrs old. Bob McKenzie verified these rumours at the June draft on TSN. When McKenzie speaks I listen. There are truth to these rumours. Where there is smoke there is fire. Maybe Thomas & Savard will be Bruins opening night but that doesn't mean the Bs haven't or ain't trying to move them. I believe Savard will be hard to move because of his contract (7 yr terms) & Thomas has become an albatross as many fans predicted when he initially signed the deal.

There's only one problem with this - if the Bruins wanted to get rid of Savard, why on earth did they sign him to a 7-year deal just a few months ago? Was that done without Neely's approval? Doubtful to say the least. I don't buy this "Cam Neely doesn't like him" theory; Neely himself refuted that in a radio interview, and anyway he of all people knows the worth of a playmaking center.

Murphy is just one of those guys who throws every bit of crap he hears against the wall in the hope that something will stick. He's like a soothsayer in a way: Nobody remembers the 99 times a soothsayer is wrong; they remember the one time he's right.

It's pretty funny that he's so frantically defensive about this because, as I said, he regularly spews garbage, and now he knows what it's like to be on the receiving end. Not so fun, is it, Murph? Maybe now he might comprehend what it's been like for Savard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Last year we the fans wanted to get rid of Wideman. Done!  Please don't start wanting to get rid of Savard or you won't know what your missing until its gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I like Edwards' as the Bruin's broadcaster but he is the definition of fanboy. If people still believe there is no truth to these Savard rumours they are kidding themselves. There are numerous reasons to trade Savard. POsting stats from the last 4 yrs has no bearing on how the Bruins should go forward.It is evident the Bruins (Neely IMO) want to get rid of Savard & quite frankly as a fan I agree with them. For people to say "there is no reason to trade Savard"  they are blindly looking at itdue to there love for the player. The guy is 33 yrs old. Bob McKenzie verified these rumours at the June draft on TSN. When McKenzie speaks I listen. There are truth to these rumours. Where there is smoke there is fire. predicted when he initially signed the deal. Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Every bearing on why the Bruins are not going to trade him and Savard's agent went on Calgary FAN 960 right after the draft to say he has not been contacted by Chiarelli to waive Savard's full NTC.

I'll go with stats that back up reasons not to dump Marc's salary and Matt Kalman quoting Chiarelli as to who the Bruins will start the season with. You can go with DROP KICK Murphy and Mckenzie.

There is no truth and you can tell by the way Murphy is acting on twitter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

And now Matt Kalman (the bruins blog) chimes in:

Anything could happen over the next 16 days before the Bruins officially report for training camp, but right now general manager Peter Chiarelli says that the roster you see now will be the roster you’ll observe then.

“I’m happy where we’re at. I know there’s been some stuff in the summer with Tim [Thomas] and Marc [Savard], and that has blown by, and we’ve got those two players on our roster, we’ve got some young blood coming and that’s where we’re at,” Chiarelli told TheBruinsBlog.net Tuesday afternoon....

... Chiarelli said that he doesn’t expect any problems when both players report for duty.

“I expect them to be professional. I think the feedback that I’ve had has been positive,” said the GM. “A lot of what you read, what you report on, is more illusory than anything. And they read it and they get … they don’t get upset, they get concerned. And I talk to them, and that’s professional sports. They’re going to be in a good frame of mind, as will the rest of the squad.”

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/08/31/bruins-camp-roster-is-just-about-set/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : There's only one problem with this - if the Bruins wanted to get rid of Savard, why on earth did they sign him to a 7-year deal just a few months ago? Was that done without Neely's approval? Doubtful to say the least. I don't buy this "Cam Neely doesn't like him" theory; Neely himself refuted that in a radio interview, and anyway he of all people knows the worth of a playmaking center. Murphy is just one of those guys who throws every bit of crap he hears against the wall in the hope that something will stick. He's like a soothsayer in a way: Nobody remembers the 99 times a soothsayer is wrong; they remember the one time he's right. It's pretty funny that he's so frantically defensive about this because, as I said, he regularly spews garbage, and now he knows what it's like to be on the receiving end. Not so fun, is it, Murph? Maybe now he might comprehend what it's been like for Savard.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Not sure on this Murphy guy but a lot has changed since Savard signed that deal:

1) Serious Concussion

2) Drafted Seguin

3) Neely took over as president

4) Too many men on the ice penalty & other dumb penalties in playoffs

5) Was carried to playoffs with Krejci & Bergy leading the way when Savard went down

6) Unable to unload Thomas which means someone else making substantial money has to be moved.

Those are six reasons right there why they may have changed there mind since Savard signed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Rumor has it ESPN wants to get rid of James Murphy. Shocking because they just signed him a short time ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Jack Edwards has presented a well thought out perspective. He has obviously watched Chiarelli from an advantage not available to many prognosticators. Particularly in his many travels and discussions with Andy Brickley who is gaining a strong reputation as a hockey broadcaster and analyst. Together they have become a top notch team with insights that go beyond the play on the ice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Not sure on this Murphy guy but a lot has changed since Savard signed that deal: 1) Serious Concussion 2) Drafted Seguin 3) Neely took over as president 4) Too many men on the ice penalty & other dumb penalties in playoffs 5) Was carried to playoffs with Krejci & Bergy leading the way when Savard went down 6) Unable to unload Thomas which means someone else making substantial money has to be moved. Those are six reasons right there why they may have changed there mind since Savard signed.

1. Why not dump Bergeron? His concussion was worse.

2. Seguin is playing wing.

3. Neely was already working in the F.O. He got a new title.

4. You don't trade a guy who took a dumb penalty. If teams did that, they'd have nobody left. Neely scoffed at that in his radio interview.

5. You can't be serious. If he'd been healthy, the Bruins would have cruised into the playoffs, not fought tooth and nail (see the Edwards NESN article for a points projection).

6. Ever hear of Michael Ryder?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:[QUOTE]Rumor has it ESPN wants to get rid of James Murphy. Shocking because they just signed him a short time ago.Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

Yes ESPN has realized that they should've kept Matt Kalman now LoL!

Sections
Shortcuts