Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

First thanks Doc for the breakdown. I was just thinking of crunching those numbers myself and as I continued reading the work was done for me. Thank you.

As for Savard he isn't going anywhere. He is worth way more then his 4 mil cap hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : 1. Why not dump Bergeron? His concussion was worse. 2. Seguin is playing wing. 3. Neely was already working in the F.O. He got a new title. 4. You don't trade a guy who took a dumb penalty. If teams did that, they'd have nobody left. Neely scoffed at that in his radio interview. 5. You can't be serious. If he'd been healthy, the Bruins would have cruised into the playoffs, not fought tooth and nail (see the Edwards NESN article for a points projection). 6. Ever hear of Michael Ryder?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

1) Bergeron's health is also a concern but he is much younger. He also has more value to the team then Savard. Bergeron plays in all aspects of the game & unlike Savard contributes much more even when he is not producing points. To give up on a 25 yr old before a 33 yr old is a much bigger risk.

2) Do you plan on playing Seguin on wing for the next 7 yrs? Because it is quite evident to me that the Bs see Krejci & bergeron as part of there future moreson then Savard. Not smart to play a bluechip prospect out of position when you see him as having the potential to be the next big star on the team.

3) The new title is "team president" which I am sure gives him more power. He also seen how the last part of the season played out. He seen Savard throw a 22 yr old kid under the bus. That is not a good move when a team is preaching how they want accountability. I bet a guy like Mark Recchi let Savard know that.

4) A dumb penalty?? Savard has been taking dumb selfish penalties for years. That is nothing new. He took more then one dumb penalty against Philly. Do you really expect Neely to come on the radio & blast Savard for the penalty or blast Savard's play? That will really help his trade value. Pretty naive if you believe that.

5) The Bruins were playing there best hockey going into the playoffs without Savard. Then they lost Krejci & everything went downhill.

6) Micheal Ryder has one year left on his contract. Marc Savard has 7 yrs. You tell me which contract they get rid of will give the Bruins much more cap flexibility in the future.

You love Marc Savard. That is pretty evident. It appears your love for him is clouding your judgement on all the weaknesses in his game & the fact that he is 33 yrs old. The writing is on the wall. He is the guy that should go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : 1) Bergeron's health is also a concern but he is much younger. He also has more value to the team then Savard. Bergeron plays in all aspects of the game & unlike Savard contributes much more even when he is not producing points. To give up on a 25 yr old before a 33 yr old is a much bigger risk. 2) Do you plan on playing Seguin on wing for the next 7 yrs? Because it is quite evident to me that the Bs see Krejci & bergeron as part of there future moreson then Savard. Not smart to play a bluechip prospect out of position when you see him as having the potential to be the next big star on the team. 3) The new title is "team president" which I am sure gives him more power. He also seen how the last part of the season played out. He seen Savard throw a 22 yr old kid under the bus. That is not a good move when a team is preaching how they want accountability. I bet a guy like Mark Recchi let Savard know that. 4) A dumb penalty?? Savard has been taking dumb selfish penalties for years. That is nothing new. He took more then one dumb penalty against Philly. Do you really expect Neely to come on the radio & blast Savard for the penalty or blast Savard's play? That will really help his trade value. Pretty naive if you believe that. 5) The Bruins were playing there best hockey going into the playoffs without Savard. Then they lost Krejci & everything went downhill. 6) Micheal Ryder has one year left on his contract. Marc Savard has 7 yrs. You tell me which contract they get rid of will give the Bruins much more cap flexibility in the future. You love Marc Savard. That is pretty evident. It appears your love for him is clouding your judgement on all the weaknesses in his game & the fact that he is 33 yrs old. The writing is on the wall. He is the guy that should go.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
     And the writing is on your wall on how you feel about Savard! So, that pretty much washes out your theory! You have made quiet known that when you don't like a player, you put blinders on like SOXFANinIL does! You're making no sense and basing your opinion on dislike!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I think PC should lay the rumors to rest at the State of the B's meeting. Then, depending on how Seguin is developing as well as the play of Bergeron and Krejci, PC can look for a deal for Savard at the deadline, the draft, or at this point next summer. If it looks like Seguin is gonna take an extra year to develop, then so be it. Keep Savard around as long as they need. And right now, they need to keep Savard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... :  And the writing is on your wall on how you feel about Savard! So, that pretty much washes out your theory! You have made quiet known that when you don't like a player, you put blinders on like SOXFANinIL does! You're making no sense and basing your opinion on dislike!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

When you can't contribute to the topic you attack the poster. I get it.

To be honest I have never been a fan of Savard as I have stated here. But to blindly bury your head in the sand & say "it makes no sense to trade him" is extremely naive. People have to realize there is a cap in this league. How people can hope to keep a 33 yr old Savard & move an 18 yr old potential stud to the wing is moronic.

I am not basing my opinion on dislike. My opinion is based on what I feel is best for the Bruins organization going forward. I have more loyalty to the Boston Bruins then to individual players. IMO the Bruins will be much better off going forward without Savard & I have stated my reasons why. So attacking me doesn't help prove your point on why he should stay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]I think PC should lay the rumors to rest at the State of the B's meeting. Then, depending on how Seguin is developing as well as the play of Bergeron and Krejci, PC can look for a deal for Savard at the deadline, the draft, or at this point next summer. If it looks like Seguin is gonna take an extra year to develop, then so be it. Keep Savard around as long as they need. And right now, they need to keep Savard.
    Posted by BlackandGold24[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is what if Savard has another injury plagued season or continues to decline? Will other teams be willing to take on that longterm contract with Savard's best years behind him? To me that is as risky as trading him a couple of years to early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : The problem with this is what if Savard has another injury plagued season or continues to decline? Will other teams be willing to take on that longterm contract with Savard's best years behind him? To me that is as risky as trading him a couple of years to early.

Good point. It's going to be a tough decision either way. And there will always be fans criticizing the decision. If we trade him now, and Seguin needs time to develop, fans will be angry. If we trade him at the beginning of next year, and our PP suffers, fans will be angry. IMO the Bruins should keep Savard. Unless we can get a true #2 d-man for the same price. Or even just a little bit higher. We can throw in Ference or Hunwick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:
    [QUOTE]Jack Edwards addresses Savard trade rumors. Finally a stern inight into why NOT to trade Savard. http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/marc-savards-merit-peter-chiarellis-plans-facilely-quash-latest-anonymous-trade-rumor.html
    Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

FINALLY LIKE I POSTED BEFORE ALL THIS TRADE RUMORS ARE JUST RUMORS CHIA NEVER TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT TRADING 91

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : 1) Bergeron's health is also a concern but he is much younger. He also has more value to the team then Savard. Bergeron plays in all aspects of the game & unlike Savard contributes much more even when he is not producing points. To give up on a 25 yr old before a 33 yr old is a much bigger risk. 2) Do you plan on playing Seguin on wing for the next 7 yrs? Because it is quite evident to me that the Bs see Krejci & bergeron as part of there future moreson then Savard. Not smart to play a bluechip prospect out of position when you see him as having the potential to be the next big star on the team. 3) The new title is "team president" which I am sure gives him more power. He also seen how the last part of the season played out. He seen Savard throw a 22 yr old kid under the bus. That is not a good move when a team is preaching how they want accountability. I bet a guy like Mark Recchi let Savard know that. 4) A dumb penalty?? Savard has been taking dumb selfish penalties for years. That is nothing new. He took more then one dumb penalty against Philly. Do you really expect Neely to come on the radio & blast Savard for the penalty or blast Savard's play? That will really help his trade value. Pretty naive if you believe that. 5) The Bruins were playing there best hockey going into the playoffs without Savard. Then they lost Krejci & everything went downhill. 6) Micheal Ryder has one year left on his contract. Marc Savard has 7 yrs. You tell me which contract they get rid of will give the Bruins much more cap flexibility in the future. You love Marc Savard. That is pretty evident. It appears your love for him is clouding your judgement on all the weaknesses in his game & the fact that he is 33 yrs old. The writing is on the wall. He is the guy that should go.

Thanks for an intelligent analysis on why to trade Savard.

I will admit that I am not much of a Marc Savard fan, but it's pretty scary when Jack Edwards is considered "a voice of reason."

One of the seven signs, I believe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

But I'll also add my own reasons here...

Firstly, this guy is a "me first" player - always was and likely always will be...

Secondly, he's 33 yrs. old and likely one more head shot from done !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]But I'll also add my own reasons here... Firstly, this guy is a "me first" player - always was and likely always will be... Secondly, he's 33 yrs. old and likely one more head shot from done !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Bergeron's injury was much worse and then he took another shot to the head...and he appears to be doing okay.

If you change "likely" to "could be", your statement would hold more water.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Bergeron's injury was much worse and then he took another shot to the head...and he appears to be doing okay. If you change "likely" to "could be", your statement would hold more water.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is also eight years younger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Good article by Jack. But they will be ignored by the Eklunds of the rumor world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Rumor has it ESPN wants to get rid of James Murphy. Shocking because they just signed him a short time ago.
    Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

That was funny! Good humor!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Bergeron is a much-better all-around player than Savard. Bergeron is good on faceoffs and is the team's best penalty killer. He is a leader on this team. Also, he doesn't act like an idiot the way Savard did in the Flyers series when he got involved with the circus act known as Daniel Carcillo & then causing the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty & then blaming his teammate for his mistake. If Bergeron would've caused the penalty, he would've been a man & took the blame. Savard didn't do that.

There is no way you play Seguin on the wing for more than a year or two. He is a franchise center

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I think that it's hilarious that there are any hockey fans out there that think that anything that Jack Edwards writes is somehow written in stone.

That guy is such a homer !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron is a much-better all-around player than Savard. Bergeron is good on faceoffs and is the team's best penalty killer. He is a leader on this team. Also, he doesn't act like an idiot the way Savard did in the Flyers series when he got involved with the circus act known as Daniel Carcillo & then causing the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty & then blaming his teammate for his mistake. If Bergeron would've caused the penalty, he would've been a man & took the blame. Savard didn't do that. There is no way you play Seguin on the wing for more than a year or two. He is a franchise center
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

I agree fully.

Seguin cannot stay on the wing for very long.

Bergeron is a better team player than Savard, and Krejci was able to carry the team in the playoffs last season in a manner that Savard just wasn't able to do after Krejci went down to injury.

I think that Savard is the odd man out, and couldn't give a rat's a** what a homer like Jack thinks. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]. “I’m happy where we’re at. I know there’s been some stuff in the summer with Tim [Thomas] and Marc [Savard], and that has blown by, and we’ve got those two players on our roster, we’ve got some young blood coming and that’s where we’re at,” Chiarelli told TheBruinsBlog.net [/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that a Harvard graduate would use "at" at the end of a sentence TWICE like some Mississippi illiterate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron is a much-better all-around player than Savard. Bergeron is good on faceoffs and is the team's best penalty killer. He is a leader on this team. Also, he doesn't act like an idiot the way Savard did in the Flyers series when he got involved with the circus act known as Daniel Carcillo & then causing the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty & then blaming his teammate for his mistake. If Bergeron would've caused the penalty, he would've been a man & took the blame. Savard didn't do that. There is no way you play Seguin on the wing for more than a year or two. He is a franchise center
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]
     Joe Thornton, Eric Lindros & Alexander Daigle were supposed franchise players too!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : When you can't contribute to the topic you attack the poster. I get it. To be honest I have never been a fan of Savard as I have stated here. But to blindly bury your head in the sand & say "it makes no sense to trade him" is extremely naive. People have to realize there is a cap in this league. How people can hope to keep a 33 yr old Savard & move an 18 yr old potential stud to the wing is moronic. I am not basing my opinion on dislike. My opinion is based on what I feel is best for the Bruins organization going forward. I have more loyalty to the Boston Bruins then to individual players. IMO the Bruins will be much better off going forward without Savard & I have stated my reasons why. So attacking me doesn't help prove your point on why he should stay.
    I can contribute. I say Jack Edwards is bang on the money with what he writes & I certainly will listen to him before your drivel!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I agree fully. Seguin cannot stay on the wing for very long. Bergeron is a better team player than Savard, and Krejci was able to carry the team in the playoffs last season in a manner that Savard just wasn't able to do after Krejci went down to injury. I think that Savard is the odd man out, and couldn't give a rat's a** what a homer like Jack thinks. 

Well until Seguin can prove something. Savard won't be going anywhere. And recently the way you've been talking lately a lot of people on here couldn't give a rats a** about what you say, or think either!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

nitemare-38 :

You are not addressing any of the points in Newfiebullet's analysis on why Savard should be traded.

You are simply trying to SHOUT LOUDER than him.

I think that we get it though.

You believe Jack Edwards knows his hockey and that Savard should be untouchable.

I don't see any proof to support either of those beliefs, but you are welcome to them.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

[QUOTE]nitemare-38 : You are not addressing any of the points in Newfiebullet's analysis on why Savard should be traded. You are simply trying to SHOUT LOUDER than him. I think that we get it though. You believe Jack Edwards knows his hockey and that Savard should be untouchable. I don't see any proof to support either of those beliefs, but you are welcome to them.    

I don't know where Nitemare said anyone was "untradeable" I think he pretty much said he's willing to listen to Jack Edwards knowledge who has a hellva lot more insight than either of you two! So what that Savard is 33. Wasn't Al McInnis 35 or 36 when he won the Norris Trophy? 33 is not a washed up age, the way you two make it seem. You two co-herts first started your trading sh^t with TT, now you're saying that the B's should trade their #1 center before you even see ANY of the young kids play a single game? Where's your head at? You two are putting the cart before the horse! Miller, I don't know what the heck happened to you, but you're comments in the past month has been absoulutely ridiculous! BTW- I thought you were done on here? I thought you called us all losers & we'll continue to be because we cheer for a losing team? Newfie? You're making your province look bad by helping Newfies being known as...well I won't tyoe the word out, but it starts with an S & ends with a D.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

WHOA ! -- Easy there, Savvy lovers...

Before you start calling everyone else names...

Remember -- This guy hasn't won a thing in his life, is getting on there in years, is yappy and takes undisciplined penalties, seems to have trouble carrying a team as the #1 Centre and is a serious head shot away from being done...

And you want to sign him to a seven year contract ?

OK, try to respond to the points !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I don't know where Nitemare said anyone was "untradeable" I think he pretty much said he's willing to listen to Jack Edwards knowledge who has a hellva lot more insight than either of you two! So what that Savard is 33. Wasn't Al McInnis 35 or 36 when he won the Norris Trophy? 33 is not a washed up age, the way you two make it seem. You two co-herts first started your trading sh^t with TT, now you're saying that the B's should trade their #1 center before you even see ANY of the young kids play a single game? Where's your head at? You two are putting the cart before the horse! Miller, I don't know what the heck happened to you, but you're comments in the past month has been absoulutely ridiculous! BTW- I thought you were done on here? I thought you called us all losers & we'll continue to be because we cheer for a losing team? Newfie? You're making your province look bad by helping Newfies being known as...well I won't tyoe the word out, but it starts with an S & ends with a D.
    Posted by Neelybestallaround[/QUOTE]

Are you actually comparing a Stanley Cup winner, Conn Smythe trophy winner and Norris trophy winner to Marc Savard who has won nothing ?

You'll have to do much better than that ! 

Sections
Shortcuts