Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...

As far as your constant use of circumventing the cap, they manipulated it, and the league has set up a system that allows that.. Their wont be any "proof" into circumventing the cap, since its not clearly defined, the contract in itself may be deemed to have done such, but I think in savards case that is a law suit the league would lose. It would be very easy for Sav's representation to argue he is earning fair market value for all 7 years of that deal, and it just works out to a 4m cap hit.  Good luck proving that wrong.. It may not be in the spirit of the CBA, but long term contracts were not addressed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:
    [QUOTE]Your making a lot of assumptions, 1 ) the circumventing the cap is vague language, you could probably give examples of what might be done in this but it was compiled entirely as a coverall.  Every example given by the league is aimed at giving the players a low salary and then compensating them in other ways that would not show up as part of the player salary.  You can legitimately argue based on that that they provided a tiered contract that would allow savard to play out his career as a bruin.  Savards deal did soften the cap hit, but his contract ends while he is still at an age that he should still be playing hockey, this is not the same with say the kovalchuk deal that ends with him being a year older then the current oldest player in the league. As far as him not being able to get that money on the open market, I think (like I said this is prior to the concussion) they make a very good point in stating that the league if the reject his contract will have cost him millions because he has missed nearly all of the free agent period, there is no denying that, at this point most teams are setting up their rosters, savards value on june 1st would far exceed his value on sept 3rd.  Its not the rejecting of the contract that is coming into play nearly as much as the timing.. that is a huge point that you seemingly want to ignore..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

1) Obviously the league feels they are warranted to investigate these contracts. So they must be within there parameters to do so & feel it is there right. If not they would be taking a huge risk & facing litigation from all of these players & agents as well as the P.A. which I admit may come. My point is the league obviously took this into consideration before they started investigating these contracts & must have come to the conclusion that they are well within there right to do so under the current CBA.

2) As for Savard missing out on free agency. As I stated above that is a chance that he & his agent as well as the Bruins took. All parties had access to the current CBA. If they took a chance to circumvent the cap knowing full well the league could investigate the contract then all parties have noone else to blame but themselves. Including the Bruins. Why is Savard's actual salary so low in the last 2 yrs of the contract? Does the NTC/NMC expire midway through the contract? These are the type of things that obviously set off warning bells for the league. As I stated above Chia already acknowledged publically that the league informed the Bruins in early December that the contract was under investigation.

I think Marc Savard's agent is being an idiot here. He blast the commissioner possibly hurting the Bs standing in the league. He does it a day before the league is to announce there decisions regarding this matter. If your plan is to sue then why not wait until the league actually voids the contract before you announce your plans publically? The actions of Savard's agent here are very selfish & possibly could hurt the Bs down the line when Bettman and company have to make a decision on the Bs.

I understand Savard & the agent are scared to lose that money. But if you don't circumvent the cap he would have nothing to worry about. There is no way he will get 29 million now. This only gives more creedence to Savard's reputation as a me first player.

Regardless, this whole Savard situation is a total mess. Chia should be held accountable internally for rushing to sign this guy for that long of a deal. Savard has always been known as a me first player. Why Chia invested in this guy for that long really makes me question his leadership. It also puts into question his vision of this franchise going forward. Especially in a capworld. He did the same thing with Tim THomas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I agree the agent threat isn't going to help them, and the shots placed squarely at bettmen and not the league (though probably accurate)  will certainly not help.. But the fact is savards deal was signed in Dec, the league had plenty of time to reject this deal and still allow savard to hit open market free agency, which is where I think they will be getting themselves into trouble, Hossa has already played a year on his extension, prongers is a 35 plus so that is really confusing as to what the league is actually looking into ?? (thinking that the expect the next CBA to void his deal perhaps?)
    While there was no definition of what circumventing the CBA was, they had plenty of opportunity to say that it did and still allow savard to hit free agency.. You can't prove they deliberatly did that, I mean you keep saying he did with out actually saying what he did? he signed a deal that takes him to 39, lots of players play till they are 39.. So how exactly did he do it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : 1) Obviously the league feels they are warranted to investigate these contracts. So they must be within there parameters to do so & feel it is there right. If not they would be taking a huge risk & facing litigation from all of these players & agents as well as the P.A. which I admit may come. My point is the league obviously took this into consideration before they started investigating these contracts & must have come to the conclusion that they are well within there right to do so under the current CBA. 2) As for Savard missing out on free agency. As I stated above that is a chance that he & his agent as well as the Bruins took. All parties had access to the current CBA. If they took a chance to circumvent the cap knowing full well the league could investigate the contract then all parties have noone else to blame but themselves. Including the Bruins. Why is Savard's actual salary so low in the last 2 yrs of the contract? Does the NTC/NMC expire midway through the contract? These are the type of things that obviously set off warning bells for the league. As I stated above Chia already acknowledged publically that the league informed the Bruins in early December that the contract was under investigation. I think Marc Savard's agent is being an idiot here. He blast the commissioner possibly hurting the Bs standing in the league. He does it a day before the league is to announce there decisions regarding this matter. If your plan is to sue then why not wait until the league actually voids the contract before you announce your plans publically? The actions of Savard's agent here are very selfish & possibly could hurt the Bs down the line when Bettman and company have to make a decision on the Bs. I understand Savard & the agent are scared to lose that money. But if you don't circumvent the cap he would have nothing to worry about. There is no way he will get 29 million now. This only gives more creedence to Savard's reputation as a me first player. Regardless, this whole Savard situation is a total mess. Chia should be held accountable internally for rushing to sign this guy for that long of a deal. Savard has always been known as a me first player. Why Chia invested in this guy for that long really makes me question his leadership. It also puts into question his vision of this franchise going forward. Especially in a capworld. He did the same thing with Tim THomas.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Savard situation is a total mess.

But it's really not hard to understand that chaos and confusion has followed Marc Savard all season on and off the ice.

If the League does finds evidence of circumvention in Savard's contract, I will fully support their decision to whatever action against the Bruins that the League sees fit including cancelling the contract if it comes to that.

Savard's agent is being an idiot in taking a populist, anti-Bettman approach in this situation. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Yes, the Savard situation is a total mess. But it's really not hard to understand that chaos and confusion has followed Marc Savard all season on and off the ice. If the League does finds evidence of circumvention in Savard's contract, I will fully support their decision to whatever action against the Bruins that the League sees fit including cancelling the contract if it comes to that. Savard's agent is being an idiot in taking a populist, anti-Bettman approach in this situation. 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you again. The Bruins have put themselves in this mess by signing the player to a ridiculous contract. It is not a Bruin thing with me. It is a league thing & the Bs deserve any sanctions they get if it comes to that & Chia should be held accountable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Why do, Savvy lovers, ignore the evidence that if Savard had been healthy all season last year and played the entire 82 game schedule, he would have likely amassed a grand total of 66 pts based on his measly 33 pts in 41 games ? Why do they ignore his play from the seasons 1997-2005 where he scored between 6 and 65 pts in a season ? The fact is that Savard isn't a point per game scorer over his career, and doesn't belong in the same sentence as Marcel Dionne or Gilbert Perrault.  He also seems to be on a sharp downslide from his season of peak production when he played with Kovalchuk for the Atlanta Thrashers. 

I realize you have ADD and have trouble focusing, but Savard didn't just miss time last season with injuries, he played with injuries. He broke his foot in training camp and played on it, then finally went on IR after blocking a shot and making it worse; after coming back he tore his MCL and missed more time, but did not undergo surgery and came back with a brace on his knee, before finally being KO'd by the concussion (and come back from that, as well. Wow, what a selfish guy, huh?). If he actually had been "healthy all season and played the entire 82-game schedule," he probably would have been what he's been through his entire tenure with the Bruins - a player who scores more than a point per game and quarterbacks what had been, until they lost him, a strong power play.

That he isn't a PPG player over the course of his career means next to nothing. He wasn't a Sidney Crosby who burst right out of the gate as a superstar; he was the 91st pick in the 1995 draft and worked his way up. What's important is what he's doing NOW, not what he did in 1997 or 2001 or whatever. In four years with the Bruins, he is averaging 1.057 points per game. Among centers, he trails only Crosby, Malkin, Thornton and Datsyuk in point production. He's ahead of Backstrom, Getzlaf, Sedin, LeCavalier and Kopitar.    

A sharp downslide from his peak production? Are you serious?

Atlanta (05-06, 82 games): 28 goals, 69 assists, 97 points, 100 PIM
    Boston (06-07, 82 games): 22 goals, 74 assists, 96 points, 96 PIM
    Boston (07-08, 74 games): 15 goals, 63 assists, 78 points, 66 PIM
    Boston (08-09, 82 games): 25 goals, 63 assists, 88 points, 70 PIM
    Boston (09-10, 41 games): 10 goals, 23 assists, 33 points, 14 PIM

That's a "sharp downslide"? Also interesting to note is that under Julien, Savard's PIM totals have dropped fairly significantly. Perhaps you were looking at the PIMs, rather than the points?

Please, if you're going to make these sorts of claims, make the effort and take the time to back them up. Wild accusations about Savard never being the player Gil Perreault was (who says he is? More importantly, who cares?) are irrelevant, and come across simply as a bizarre vendetta against someone the Bruins need to play well if they're going to have any chance at winning the ultimate prize.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I totally agree with you again. The Bruins have put themselves in this mess by signing the player to a ridiculous contract. It is not a Bruin thing with me. It is a league thing & the Bs deserve any sanctions they get if it comes to that & Chia should be held accountable.

Are you by chance president of the Gary Bettman fan club?

It's not a Bruin thing for you? So I'm sure you're leading the campaign against Ken Holland, right? (Henrik Zetterberg; 12 years, $73 million) And George McPhee (Nick Backstrom, 10 years, $67 million)... I could certainly go on. The point is, Chiarelli did the same thing any GM with a brain has done: Locked up one of his best players for a favorable cap hit. Savard's is more favorable than many: LeCavalier's is $7.7 million, Backstrom's $6.7 million. Savard's hit of $4 million, comparatively speaking, is downright reasonable. If Chiarelli didn't utilize the loophole as other GMs have done, he'd be a fool. If you want him to be sanctioned, sanction the rest of the league, other than, of course, those teams who can't even manage to reach the cap floor.

Chiarelli certainly isn't perfect - Thomas could have, IMHO, been signed to a more reasonable contract, as could Ryder. But criticize him for what he deserves, not for locking up one of the best offensive players in the NHL to one of the most cap-friendly deals in the NHL.

But hey, you'll go ahead and ignore Savard's numbers, how the power play flounders without him, and once again air your prejudices about how "selfish" he is (I'd appreciate it if you could find anyone who's called him that in the past four years) and how stupid we all are for enjoying watching him play.

I for one am going to fervently root for the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup this year, just in anticipation of watching Zdeno Chara hand the Cup over to Savvy. THAT is going to be epic. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I totally agree with you again. The Bruins have put themselves in this mess by signing the player to a ridiculous contract. It is not a Bruin thing with me. It is a league thing & the Bs deserve any sanctions they get if it comes to that & Chia should be held accountable.

100% agree !

I would really like to see the NHL make a real statement here to those teams that may have tried circumventing the salary cap through these dubious, front end loaded contracts.

The NHLPA is in a pretty chaotic position right now, and Bettman and the NHL really have the hammer should they choose to use it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I realize you have ADD and have trouble focusing, but Savard didn't just miss time last season with injuries, he played with injuries. He broke his foot in training camp and played on it, then finally went on IR after blocking a shot and making it worse; after coming back he tore his MCL and missed more time, but did not undergo surgery and came back with a brace on his knee, before finally being KO'd by the concussion (and come back from that , as well. Wow, what a selfish guy, huh?). If he actually had been "healthy all season and played the entire 82-game schedule," he probably would have been what he's been through his entire tenure with the Bruins - a player who scores more than a point per game and quarterbacks what had been, until they lost him, a strong power play. That he isn't a PPG player over the course of his career means next to nothing. He wasn't a Sidney Crosby who burst right out of the gate as a superstar; he was the 91st pick in the 1995 draft and worked his way up. What's important is what he's doing NOW, not what he did in 1997 or 2001 or whatever. In four years with the Bruins, he is averaging 1.057 points per game . Among centers, he trails only Crosby, Malkin, Thornton and Datsyuk in point production. He's ahead of Backstrom, Getzlaf, Sedin, LeCavalier and Kopitar.       A sharp downslide from his peak production? Are you serious? Atlanta (05-06, 82 games): 28 goals, 69 assists, 97 points, 100 PIM Boston (06-07, 82 games): 22 goals, 74 assists, 96 points, 96 PIM Boston (07-08, 74 games): 15 goals, 63 assists, 78 points, 66 PIM Boston (08-09, 82 games): 25 goals, 63 assists, 88 points, 70 PIM Boston (09-10, 41 games): 10 goals, 23 assists, 33 points, 14 PIM That's a "sharp downslide"? Also interesting to note is that under Julien, Savard's PIM totals have dropped fairly significantly. Perhaps you were looking at the PIMs, rather than the points? Please, if you're going to make these sorts of claims, make the effort and take the time to back them up. Wild accusations about Savard never being the player Gil Perreault was (who says he is? More importantly, who cares?) are irrelevant, and come across simply as a bizarre vendetta against someone the Bruins need to play well if they're going to have any chance at winning the ultimate prize.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Yes, 33 pts (2009-2010) is a sharp downslide from 97 pts (2005-2006), duinne.

But I will also admit that I am not a mathematician.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Who knows, maybe Neely planted some evidence to the league to void this contract. LOL"

Even with tounge in cheek it's a pretty hilarious statement.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

"I expect Marc to be a Bruin under his contract seasons," Chiarelli said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : 100% agree ! I would really like to see the NHL make a real statement here to those teams that may have tried circumventing the salary cap through these dubious, front end loaded contracts. The NHLPA is in a pretty chaotic position right now, and Bettman and the NHL really have the hammer should they choose to use it.

ahh like do you know that the NHL has let these contracts exist then sort of like decided not to honor these contracts is kinda stupid.... if any thing is true then the NHL leadership is a bit in a chaotic state with only the CBA loosely written language on circumvention as a fall back... so let me say this, the NHLPA is in the strength mode in the next CBA despite the fact their leadership and association is in turmoil... the message is clear the NHL has a cap, they allow circumvented contracts to multiple in a gradual sense over the years, then now somehow they are in charge remembering the teams make up the NHL governorship of a now sinking ship????.......  me thinks both are in realization that a lockout is not a position of strength giving the economy and the recent change in outlook on NHL interest....  eecummings lives 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]"Who knows, maybe Neely planted some evidence to the league to void this contract. LOL" Even with tounge in cheek it's a pretty hilarious statement. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/ "I expect Marc to be a Bruin under his contract seasons," Chiarelli said.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What is Chiarelli going to say to the media?

Chia: "Yeah we did circumvent the cap. We also admit that we made a huge mistake signing Marc Savard to this longterm contract. Cam took over as president & is looking to move this contract at any expense. We have soured on Savard's attitude & his game is beginning to decline & we certainly were upset with his selfish play in the philly series."

Man some people are naive. I take most of what Chia or any other GM says with a grain of salt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : What is Chiarelli going to say to the media? Chia: "Yeah we did circumvent the cap. We also admit that we made a huge mistake signing Marc Savard to this longterm contract. Cam took over as president & is looking to move this contract at any expense. We have soured on Savard's attitude & his game is beginning to decline & we certainly were upset with his selfish play in the philly series." Man some people are naive. I take most of what Chia or any other GM says with a grain of salt.

I stand in amazement at anyone who could look at a season like Savard had (playing with a broken foot, a torn MCL and a concussion) and continue to insist that he is selfish. I mean, it's just flat out mind boggling.

Can't you just put an "I hate Marc Savard" tag line on your posts and be done with it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"We have soured on Savard's attitude"

Not we YOU NewFie and I'd say coming back from a concussion as quickly as he did says to ME that he has a great attitude that's not naive just plain facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

[QUOTE]                     "We have soured on Savard's attitude" Not we YOU NewFie and I'd say coming back from a concussion as quickly as he did says to ME that he has a great attitude that's not naive just plain facts.

sandog, Newfies are as stubborn & bullheaded as it comes. Hard workers, great partiers, can hold their liquor like nobodies business, but they're a bull in a china shop when it comes to trying to make them see logic! It's the Newfie way or no way!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : Yes, 33 pts (2009-2010) is a sharp downslide from 97 pts (2005-2006), duinne. But I will also admit that I am not a mathematician.

And here I was thinking you had come back to Earth.  This might be equally as stupid as your post about the Bruins trading Bobby Orr.  Go hit your head on the other side.  Let's see if things jiggle back into place so you can resume logical conversation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : sandog, Newfies are as stubborn & bullheaded as it comes. Hard workers, great partiers, can hold their liquor like nobodies business, but they're a bull in a china shop when it comes to trying to make them see logic! It's the Newfie way or no way!
    Posted by Neelybestallaround[/QUOTE]

I have found out quite a few times that Canadians have hollow legs and have put me under the table more than few times.

Newfie has some good points actually and I understand some of them but just don't agree is all. I don't think that Chiarelli and Neely would keep Savard around if was that same player that might have gotten run out Calgary. I've heard the media ran with that story in Calgary just like James Murphy on ESPN/NESN this offseason and also that allot of Marc's teammates in Calgary did not confirm that he was a me first attitude player who knows.

I think Savard is here to stay until Krejci and Seguin are ready to take the reigns so Newfie can be as stubborn as he wants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I have found out quite a few times that Canadians have hollow legs and have put me under the table more than few times. Newfie has some good points actually and I understand some of them but just don't agree is all. I don't think that Chiarelli and Neely would keep Savard around if was that same player that might have gotten run out Calgary. I've heard the media ran with that story in Calgary just like James Murphy on ESPN/NESN this offseason and also that allot of Marc's teammates in Calgary did not confirm that he was a me first attitude player who knows. I think Savard is here to stay until Krejci and Seguin are ready to take the reigns so Newfie can be as stubborn as he wants.

People can and do change. Savard's game has undergone a real transformation under Julien's tutelage - did anyone ever think, years ago, that they'd see him killing penalties, or out on the ice in the waning moments protecting a one-goal lead? He's just as responsible in his own zone as Krejci, and though he's not the defensive player Bergeron is (who is?), it's obvious his days of just loitering about and waiting to play offense are long gone.

As for the "unpopular in the dressing room" crap, just listen to his teammates talk about him, and watch them interact. Yeah, he's a yapper, and there are times when he's undoubtedly exasperating, but he's funny, he keeps his teammates loose, and they all refer to him with varying degrees of affection. Bob Beers (radio announcer) travels with the team and he has said more than once that Savard is very popular with his teammates. Chiarelli has said the same thing.

But, for some people, their perception is set in stone and there's no changing it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Well, I think that I've have heard enough insults about Newfoundlanders and Canadians here for awhile.

Savard is a whiny pos who scored 33 pts. last season.  He is the definition of a "me first" player.

That's why the Rangers, Flames and Thrashers let him go. 

Sorry, if the truth bothers you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Almost forgot...

He's also likely one more head shot away from being done...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I think that I've have heard enough insults about Newfoundlanders and Canadians here for awhile. Savard is a whiny pos who scored 33 pts. last season.  He is the definition of a "me first" player. That's why the Rangers, Flames and Thrashers let him go.  Sorry, if the truth bothers you.

Well, if you wanna get technical? Savard is a Canadian & you insulted him yourself...Btw- The Thrashers didn't let him go. He was a ufa & Boston gave Savvy the better deal. Atlanta did put an offer on the table!  So, Savvy is no different than any other ufa. Also, it was Cam Neely who called both Chara & Savard to get them to come to Boston. And I can tell you right now...Neely would've done his homework & there's no way in hell you're going to tell me that Cam would've brought a "me first" player to the franchise that he loves so much!
     You're talking foolish & thinking foolish if you think otherwise!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack slams the door on Savard Rumors... : I have found out quite a few times that Canadians have hollow legs and have put me under the table more than few times. Newfie has some good points actually and I understand some of them but just don't agree is all. I don't think that Chiarelli and Neely would keep Savard around if was that same player that might have gotten run out Calgary. I've heard the media ran with that story in Calgary just like James Murphy on ESPN/NESN this offseason and also that allot of Marc's teammates in Calgary did not confirm that he was a me first attitude player who knows. I think Savard is here to stay until Krejci and Seguin are ready to take the reigns so Newfie can be as stubborn as he wants.
    Being a Maritimer who can hold his own in alcohol consumption have sufffered from trying to keep up with a Newf. I don't think Newfie is totally out there, but he's not totally here either. I do think his dislike for Savard is getting in the way of reason though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I think that I've have heard enough insults about Newfoundlanders and Canadians here for awhile. Savard is a whiny pos who scored 33 pts. last season.  He is the definition of a "me first" player. That's why the Rangers, Flames and Thrashers let him go.  Sorry, if the truth bothers you.

No one can hate Savard more than me.  Someone might hate him as much, but not more.

33 points in 41 games.  If you're going to argue against Savard staying in Boston, there are plenty of cold hard facts.  No need to offer half truths.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Almost forgot... He's also likely one more head shot away from being done...

This is a lie with no basis at all.

Miller, you're a terrible poster.  You're worse than Duinne.  She makes things up but only posts them once.  You make things up and blast thread after thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As said earlier, Jack has presented the facts. Savvy is very good, but, post concussion he probably should not have been on the ice, and CJ should have known that. Let's see how pre-season goes, and let's acknowledge that sports writers are always trying to light a fire, often without any truth to the reports. Chia says he has talked to both Marc and Timmy, and they are on the same page. Let's just hope that Ryder, Wheeler, Paille, Ference and Stuart are also reading from the same book. Interesting how so many non-participants know what is said in the locker room.

Sections
Shortcuts