Jacques Martin, new Habs Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Jacques Martin, new Habs Coach

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280562

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Jacques Martin, new Habs Coach

Seems like they're 50/50 in Montreal with Martin being coach.
    It's not like the Habs had Heatly (or Hossa), Spezza and even Chara back when Martin was successful in Ottawa.
    Not too worried . All I want is to see how our team will play with the cap space and sign our RFA's.  
    I have a good feeling Chiarelli has something up his sleeve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like they're 50/50 in Montreal with Martin being coach. It's not like the Habs had Heatly (or Hossa), Spezza and even Chara back when Martin was successful in Ottawa. Not too worried . All I want is to see how our team will play with the cap space and sign our RFA's.   I have a good feeling Chiarelli has something up his sleeve.   
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Martin is defensive minded. Although he had good regular seasons with a very talented Sens team, he never translated that into the playoffs. His best playoffs result was a conference final loss. His run as gm/coach in Florida was okay I guess, but again the Panthers never made the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Ponder this:  with former Panther GM Jacques Martin the new head coach in Montreal, can coveted Panther UFA d'man Bouwmeester be far behind?  Canadiens PP took a huge dip this past season.  Montreal UFA d'am Komisarek reportedly wants $6-7 million to re-sign, but Gainey's smarter than that, especially after the subpar year Komi had this past season.  If you're the B's, how'd you like to try to stop a Montreal PP that would have Bouwmeester and Markov on the points? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Ponder this:  with former Panther GM Jacques Martin the new head coach in Montreal, can coveted Panther UFA d'man Bouwmeester be far behind?  Canadiens PP took a huge dip this past season.  Montreal UFA d'am Komisarek reportedly wants $6-7 million to re-sign, but Gainey's smarter than that, especially after the subpar year Komi had this past season.  If you're the B's, how'd you like to try to stop a Montreal PP that would have Bouwmeester and Markov on the points? 
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

All nice, but all fantasy talk until it happens. I don't think Bouwmeester is running to come play here in Montreal.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Why not?  Bouwmeester would be a perfect fit for Montreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Why not?  Bouwmeester would be a perfect fit for Montreal.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Bouwmeester,  will sign with a team out west.  That's where he's from and wants to end up. 
    No way he will sign in Montreal.  Just because he was with Jacques Martin in Florida does not mean he will be interested in Montreal. 
    You can base your argument on why didn't he resign in Florida when Martin was trying to ink a deal with him the last 3 months of the season.   That deal would have made him the highest paid player in the history of the Panthers.
    To me this proves he could not care less for Martin.