Jarome Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Jarome Iginla

We've all heard rumors that Calgary might try to trade Jarome. I'm not sure how true they are, but if Calgary wants to rebuild it might make sense. I'd like to start a reasonable/intelligent discussion on this, that answers two questions. 1) What would Calgary want in return? 2) How do the Bruins clear cap space for Iginla's $7 million pricetag?

Starting with #2: This is where you need to get creative, and pardon me if any of this stretches toward wishful thinking. But I think it might be doable if you dump Ryder or Thomas and unload $4-5 million that way. Maybe you could send Ryder and some picks (Toronto's second rounder this year?) somewhere. Also, convincing someone like Chara to extend his contract and lower his cap-hit to something more like $5 million would be a huge help.

For question #1 I'm not sure. Would a package of prospects and Toronto's 1st next year do it? What Do you guys think?

If Chiarelli did somehow pull this off, I think the results would be impressive. You could be looking at a killer three lines at forward next year (as below). Wishful thinking? Probably. But it's fun to talk about.

Lucic-Savard-Iginla
    Recchi-Bergeron-Sturm
    Wheeler-Krejci-Seguin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Re: Jarome Iginla

I'd love to see them go after either Iginla or St. Louis.

Wheeler, Colborne and Toronto's 1st next year?  Can you imagine Iginla riding shot gun to Krejci or Savard??  Easy 100+ goals over the last 3 years of his contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Iginla could use a change of scenery for sure. Would likely see his game/scoring pick up again. He has some toughness as well, so would fit right in. Money is a big issue though......unless as you suggest, the B's are willing to unload some of their high paid help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

In Response to Re: Jarome Iginla:
    Iginla could use a change of scenery for sure. Would likely see his game/scoring pick up again. He has some toughness as well, so would fit right in. Money is a big issue though......unless as you suggest, the B's are willing to unload some of their high paid help.
    Posted by 4everbruins

I would think that a deal of Ryder, Wheeler and our #15 pick might get it done.
    Calgary could use Wheeler and the #15 to build around while Ryder would come in and give them 20+ goals in the wide open Western Conference.
    The $ of Ryder and Wheeler would make would largely off set the cap hit of Iginla.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Ryder, Wheeler and the 15th pick for Iginla? Do you think Calgary has a developmentally challenged, three-fingered monkey for a GM? Ryder and Wheeler are both useless, Ryder has a TERRIBLE contract (33 pts in 82 games for 4 mil) and the 15th pick is a crapshoot. If the Flames did this deal, the fans would burn down the Saddledome. You guys are too much, really.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Hey guys, while you're at it, how about Dennis Wideman for Sidney Crosby and the Pens #1? And I was wondering about Daniel Paille for Alexander Ovechkin, straight up. Whatcha think?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara,

thank you....just b/c we trade three scrubs doesnt mean Calgary would want them... Iginla is the face of that Franchise...why on earth would Calgary do this?  Trade one of the most consistant players who is never injured for Ryder...haha...a 1st round pick...HAHA...and Colbourne?  Please...someone tell me why Calgary would do this...
    Remember guys...2 teams want to improve...not just make Boston better...I don't think Calgary wants to lose the only player it can count on for 30 goals a year every year...Try Krejci or Bergie for starters in any deal....then add a 1st rounder...just look at what Atlanta got for Kovy and add some...he was a rental...Iggy is signed and comes to play in the playoffs...sure Kovy scores a lot on a team that never wins...but Iggy plays in the hardest division in hockey without a center and always put up the same numbers...

Next trade idea?

Sections
Shortcuts