Jeff Carter Rumor.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Jeff Carter Rumor.

Rumor has it Philadelphia wants to move Jeff Carter. He's a 5. mil cap hit. He might be a good fit, but unfortunately moves would have to be made to make it happen, as we all know the Bruins have their balls to the roof on cap space. Pretty pricey. I'm just dangling a carrot to see who bites. Heard it from a big Philly fan today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Re: Jeff Carter Rumor.

Depends on if he'd move to a wing. Last season was his only year as an elite scorer in the league, but he's on pace for another 30+ goals and 80 points this season. Our center situation is fine, so it really depends on that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Carter (if he can play RW) for Thomas. Phily needs a goalie BAD!
    Just havin' some fun with this one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I can't see positioning being a problem. It's the price tag and the moves to make it happen. Kessel played wing and he's a centerman. From what I hear he wants out of Philly as well. There might even be a few more guys that do to from what I gathered from my buddy today. I guess their locker room is in pretty rough shape. Ha.... I wonder if Emery has anything to do with it. I should have asked him that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

I really wonder what's going on with the Flyers?!?! Remember after the first week of the season...everyone was saying that it was a 3 team race in the East (Pitt, Wash, Phily)!?!

I just hope their struggles continue tonight, but with Thomas in net you never know just what kind of game you'll get!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

OH Boy that would be so great I would certainly give TT and Sobotka for Carter

Rask is ready ...Bruins could sign a good back up G at 1.5 or 2MM$

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

There are rumors out there that Phily is looking for a goalie...with the leading candidates being Turco and Halak!

Hey maybe that's why TT is playing tonight showcase him to Philly? LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

B's already got a good back up with Dany Sabourin. Aparently the Bruins also moved Matt Dalton to Reading Royals (ECHL) to give him more ice time too cause Sabourin and Dalton would be fighting for ice time in Prov.

Dalton is suppost to be really good and if an injury occures to either Timmy or Rask, from what I've heard will be the first to get the call up. Of course that is all speculation though.

TT and Sobotka for Carter...........hmmmmmmmmm, I don't know. I havn't given up on Timmy yet. It's a tough one!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Dalton's 0-4 Record and 3.98 Gaa could also be another reason...

I like TT, but he always gives up a goal that makes me Say...."Fkin Thomas!" Like the first goal vs the Isles the other night and that one in OT vs Pitt, and even that OT againt the Canes last year. There is always those goals that make me wonder.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinFanInPensTerritory. Show BruinFanInPensTerritory's posts

Never mind that the Tank has a no trade clause and that the Flyers have been historically cool to trading with the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Bruins will ride thomas through the playoffs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I say trade Ference, Sobotka and Boston's first round pick in this year's draft for Carter. We could replace both pretty easily, Wideman will probably wake up after a shakeup, and Ference could help Philly's defense.

Speaking of Defense, anyone else see that Aaron Ward got waived today? (for those of you that thought Morris was a downgrade...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And even if TT waives his NTC, I highly doubt Chiarelli will trade the reigning Vezina Trophy winner to another Eastern Conference team, you'd see him too many times in a year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I heard also that Philly might be interested in Halak but not one on one .
    Montreal would have to give more than just Halak. They also need to free up some cap space.
    I don't see the Bruins trading a goalie to Philly .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter Rumor.:
    I heard also that Philly might be interested in Halak but not one on one . Montreal would have to give more than just Halak. They also need to free up some cap space. I don't see the Bruins trading a goalie to Philly .
    Posted by BsLegion

I don's see either but Pete Peters was traded to the Bruins.  The need of Philadelphia is goaltending.  They are a prolific team but defense is their achilles heel, especially goaltending. The Bruins would better served trading elsewhere like the western conference if the scenario was trading a goaltender.  Don't see trading a goaltender under our conditions though.  Too early to down Thomas and accentuate Rask as the number one goaltender. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

No trading Thomas...not this year.

Next year it's a possibility...but this year it's still a little too sketchy to do. Tuukka's the real deal, his time will come...don't worry.

Build for the future...too many of you guys are worried about winning the game tonight, no matter what it takes tomorrow. That attitude is what makes teams do deals like Tuukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I heard this rumor on NHL Center Ice today as well and I'm in full agreement with the guys from "The Point" Why would the Flyers trade a guy like Carter ? "You build teams around the guy!" I'd be shocked if he were traded in the conference to potential playoff rival. Not that he wouldn't look in a Bs uniform.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Trade away last years Vezina winner and start a rookie with a call up from the minors as his backup  ?  Is somebody smoking something out there ? If so, I don't want any of that stuff, it affects the brain too much ! I like Carter though. He plays a hard game and drives for the net. And we have the guys that could revive his goal scoring touch. But no trading goalies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

In Response to Jeff Carter Rumor.:
    Heard it from a big Philly fan today.

Posted by BeantownBDH

Well as long as you heard it from "a big Philly fan" it has to be true!!

Sections
Shortcuts