Jeremy Jacobs Quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

Jeremy Jacobs Quote

"This was a great year, but I believe we have many more ahead of us," Charlie Jacobs said. "This is truly a team that’s built (for) and expected to compete annually for a Cup. ... I think we’re very close."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1175168&format=&page=2

Jacobs is the biggest con-man/snakeoil salesman in North America.

What a great year 1 playoff round win and done.

How about competing annually in the second round of the playoffs, never mind the Stanley Cup.

I wonder how many fools are buying this garbage

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigThree. Show BigThree's posts

Re: Jeremy Jacobs Quote

The sheep want to have a parade for jacobs because he brought almost every team down to his level of spending which now makes him a "great owner" because he spends as much as almost every team. Talk about flawed logic.

Too bad GM salaries and scouting resources are not factored in because JJ would be in the bottom third of the league as usual. Nothing like having the cheapest GM in the league F up up your cap by over paying everyone with what little money you can spend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Have you ever noticed that Jeremy or Charlie have never once uttered the words "our goal is to win the Stanley Cup". I have been a devoted fan for 35 years and I have never heard ownership say those words. NEVER ONCE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

You guys sound like fools. The owners have NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING, to do with the hockey affairs now that they are willing to spend up to the cap. B*tch and moan all you want about the past 3 decades, but right now, if the Bruins spend up to the cap, and put together a good team, shut up, sit back, enjoy the ride, and stop blaming the owners. I'm young so I didn't experience the tyrannical like leadership of Jacobs long ago, but right now you just sound like bitter depressed fools when you blame him for the lack of success.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EratX. Show EratX's posts

[QUOTE]You guys sound like fools. The owners have NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING, to do with the hockey affairs now that they are willing to spend up to the cap. B*tch and moan all you want about the past 3 decades, but right now, if the Bruins spend up to the cap, and put together a good team, shut up, sit back, enjoy the ride, and stop blaming the owners. I'm young so I didn't experience the tyrannical like leadership of Jacobs long ago, but right now you just sound like bitter depressed fools when you blame him for the lack of success.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Hey little boy are you really this naive or just that stupid? You really don't have a clue do you? THE OWNER picks GM's... GM's pick players.... The players play... Following alot yet peewee? THE OWNER HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM!

The Owner creates an enviroment i.e practice facilities, travel arrangements, training facilities that make it an attractive place to play (See Forsberg, Modanos, etc etc comments on Boston) THE OWNER decides what contracts to pay and what not to pay, pays for the amount and quality of the scouts and scouting department... It goes on and on. Stop being such a simple minded lemmming. Now go do your homework!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

HMMMMMM was Jacobs the owner when we stole lucic krejci and bergeron in the 2nd round? was he there when we traded for tuukka? how bout when we picked up Chara for the 2nd highest offer? what about when Wheeler chose to sign here over anywhere else? Was he here when we got Thomas away from his job as a clerk at a grocery store? Was he here when Charelli was hired? was he here when the Bruins had the second most points in the NHL this year? I think our scouting is absolutely amazing. The owner does not decide what contracts to pay, that is PC. The owner hires a general manager, sets concession prices, and thats about it. IN THE PAST TWO-THREE YEARS JACOBS HAS DONE HIS JOB SO QUIT YOUR B*TCHING just because we didn't win the cup this year. That is obviously the goal of this franchise, it didn't happen this year due to a lot of factors, non of which was problems in the front office, get a clue.

Hows that for homework

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

haha you both should grow up and quit bickering like girls on an online forum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantabbruinsfan.. Show cantabbruinsfan.'s posts

[QUOTE] Was he here when Charelli was hired? Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Umm? lol... Yeah I think he was there since he was the one who hired him! Who dresses you in the morning?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

[QUOTE]drejci46 is just an arrogant sheep who doesn't know any better, just leave him alone.
    Posted by miksor[/QUOTE]

He's entitled to his opinion about JJ every bit as much as people are who think JJ is out to bury the Bruins.  Chill with the name calling. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

Thank you Jerko for your yearly "lip service" via conference call, as the airfare to Boston is too costly. Couldn't you just feel the integrity in his words?? He is still in mourning that at all the revenue he's lost thes previous two weeks, and the two weeks coming that the Celtics have been eliminated. Thanks for quoting Warren Buffet, Jerko, how's about a quote to all the people in Boston and the suburbs that are losing their homes...how's about forking over some money to the community? Naahhh...to use the words of who must be one of your other idols the late Leona Helmsley "that's for the little people." Its best if just remain silent in the arm-pit of America - Buffalo as your words for 34 years continue to be shallow and insincere.

Your pleased because you made money hand-over-fist again on the back of people's passion. As far as Charlie goes, mentioning how "bright" the future looks with all those players under 25, that will remain true until they want money, like we'll see with Phil Kessel this year. Once they command a salary beyond the straw pits of the Pharoa's, they're out of here to shine for other teams. Open the books Jerko, and let tell the people of Boston how much you made this season - I'm sure a collective majority would fall over if they truly the figures. Of course you want Chiarelli for life - like Sinden, it takes quite awhile to brainwash thinking people into buying your bile. It really is too bad you won't sell this team because I cannot think of one figure in this town more despised than you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]Umm? lol... Yeah I think he was there since he was the one who hired him! Who dresses you in the morning?
    Posted by cantabbruinsfan.[/QUOTE]

hey, why don't you read the thread....THAT WAS THE POINT...clearly jacobs was here when he hired PC, showing that he has done a GOOD job hiring the general manager......next time read the thread cantabbruinsfan, you might figure out what the discussion is about.....i dress myself b*tch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

Is there anyone who knows less then dkrejci lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Alot of bickering going on back and forth. I see it this way. Jacobs is a businessman first and foremost. Back in the Sinden days he gave Harry a budget and said "make it work". Harry stayed within his budget and Jacobs always ran his business with a profit. Jacobs main concern is to make a profit first and win a championship second (a distant second that is). This makes him a good businessman but a rotten owner to the fans. I dont want to make excuses for him but you can't fault his business logic. Now, do I believe that he should have gone the extra mile some of those years when the B's were close: Absolutely. He took advantage of a loyal fan base that always came out to support thier team.
    These days things are a little different. There is a salary cap that ALL 30 teams agreed to and everyone is on the same playing field. I dont think that Jacobs can be blamed for the money issue any more . My main issue with him these days is the miserable corporate culture that he and his family demonstrate on a daily basis. The demand and expectation for winning should start at the very top (Jeremy and Charlie) and, as I have stated in other posts, this is something that you NEVER hear from these people. At the press conference the other day Jeremy refered to the Bruins "Competing annualy for the Cup". This is the same stuff that he fed us in the Sinden days, ie: give the fans just enough to keep them interested and fill up the seats.
    Bottom line: I really do believe that PC and Neely have a goal of winning the Stanley Cup. The OWNERSHIP however is still concerned with the bottom line only and does not really care about winning it all.
    Love the Bruins. Hate their ownership.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

You know I dont care about 1984 or 1989 or 1990 or 1991.... the problem was not ownership THIS YEAR!!!!! i DO ADMIT OWNERSHIP WAS A PROBLEM BACK THAN. NOT KNOW IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON NOW! THESE PEOPLE BLAMING JACOBS DONT FOLLOW WHATS GOING ON NOW....  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

thank you cup2009, finally someone smart around here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

[QUOTE]You know I dont care about 1984 or 1989 or 1990 or 1991.... the problem was not ownership THIS YEAR!!!!! i DO ADMIT OWNERSHIP WAS A PROBLEM BACK THAN. NOT KNOW IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON NOW! THESE PEOPLE BLAMING JACOBS DONT FOLLOW WHATS GOING ON NOW....  
    Posted by cup2009[/QUOTE]

this coming from the rose glasses wearing optomist who predicts a cup for the Bruins every year. You are like your little annoying friend krejci, completely clueless and naive

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

[QUOTE]thank you cup2009, finally someone smart around here
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I think people who think we are doomed to NEVER win the cup because of JJ are fools.  Now I do agree with a lot of what Klaus says - that JJ has been a pathetic owner - a miser whose hyper-conservative, short-sighted business philosophy made it impossible to win the cup. He was personally responsible for making the Bruins a complete joke - especially in the 90s. 

JJ angered me countless times over the past 30 years that I have been a fan. I have no issues with Jacobs bashing.  I bash him too - he deserves it.  But with the cap in place, we now have a measuring stick to judge his spending against others.  IF JJ continues to spend up to the cap then we need to judge him on his management decisions and the competence of those he puts in place, especially at the GM level.  And if you believe current management is making good decisions overall you have to put the past in the back of your minds TEMPORARILY and assess what is happening now and how our future looks.

So, I am willing to see what happens under PC and whether we continue to progress. If so, I think Jacobs may have finally turned the corner and perhaps understands that it's in HIS long term business interest to make the Bruins relevant again. However, if we stagnate or consistently spend under the cap, I will go back to calling for Jacob's head and do what I did in the 90s - stop giving him my hard-earned bucks and boycott games and stop watching them on TV.
    But as for the present, I like what I see with the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

I agree with CountyCork partially, yes money is LESS of an issue with Jacobs because of the cap but dont lazily say it is not an issue because it most defintely still exists.

A couple obvious examples is the GM's salary (lowest in the league) the practice facility in Wilmington widley reguarded as the worse in the league ironically enough a deal was in place two weeks ago to finally get a state of the art building for the Bruins to practice and train in and it fell apart because Jacobs did not want to pony up the cash. I kid you not.

Now the money issue for the most part in the cap era has to replaced with ownership and management savvy and ingenuity (see Detroit RedWings)

I find it very disturbing that in December Jeremy Jacobs was quoted that he wanted to lock up Peter Chiarelli LONG TERM...? Why Jeremy? Midway through PC's third year he had yet to win a playoff series, on his second coach, numerous screwups with big contracts...

THE REASON: The building was being sold out, season tickets were flying off the shelf, the new jerseys were being bought in a frenzy and Jacobs equated that with success, and he wanted to lock up Chiarelli because of his profits and not being a REAL Cup contender and PC proving himself come playoff time. This was why Sinden and O'Connell were here so long is because the profits were always rolling in.

COMPLACENCY is the reason why I dont think this organization will win the Cup with Jacobs as owner. The slightest bit of success and Jacobs is more then satisfied and everything remains status quo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

cwood i disagree. PC has done a very good job rebuilding the bruins from the cellar dwellers they were. He has completely turned around the scouting and developing program, and hired a great coach and that is why they were talking about extending him long term. Profits go hand in hand with success, and although the Bruins did not win a stanley cup this year, they are headed in the right direction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

krejci I agree he has rebuilt the Bruins somewhat, I mean they couldn't get any lower then they were but if PC is only building regular season champions and soft playoff teams (see Ottawa) then I dont consider that a success nor should the owner.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Its not an excuse but inexperience and a TON of injuries led to the Bruins fall in the playoffs...Rome wasn't built in a day, we have something good here, keep the squad together as much as you can, and b a little patient...i know its tough since the last time we won was in 72, but we are on the right track

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]haha you both should grow up and quit bickering like girls on an online forum
    Posted by grego84[/QUOTE]

BITE me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

JJ has crapped on this team before and I don't respect him. respect has to be earned.

Having said that, there's nothing stupid about the JJ quote at the top of this thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[QUOTE]JJ has crapped on this team before and I don't respect him. respect has to be earned. Having said that, there's nothing stupid about the JJ quote at the top of this thread.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

"This year was a great year" and "this team is built for the Cup" is not stupid?? after they crapped out in the second round? Sounds pretty dumb and phony to me