Jeremy Jacobs Quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

Re: Jeremy Jacobs Quote

[QUOTE]"This year was a great year" and "this team is built for the Cup" is not stupid?? after they crapped out in the second round? Sounds pretty dumb and phony to me
    Posted by TurnpikeDave[/QUOTE]

Turnpike - yes, yes they bowed out in OT in the 7th game of the second round. State something less obvious- and something more than "they went out in the second round," Einstein.  Frikkin' ignoramuses who love to state the obvious and have no insight.  Turnpike-jerkoff, Franny Marie,  Klaus Von Frankenstein... complete as*es...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

under Jacobs in the early 90's when the B's were very competitive under Sinden...Jacobs was the epitomy of cheap....Sinden did what he could and kept most players happy. Admittedly, sinden was almost just as cheap...but made some good trades and non-signings as well....ex) choosing to let Dmitri Khristich walk away from a terrible arbitration award and he traded for Adam Oates and the likes, but to my point....Jacobs is STILL looked at in NHL governors as a salary hard-liner , but the salary cap simply makes him no longer the bad guy. Trust me....if the cap got to 60+ mil....he would be crying NO MATTER WHAT WE DID ON THE ICE!!!!!. he is as one poster said earlier...a businessman FIRST....caring owner second.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Honestly, i don't know what you expect from the guy at this point. I think you're judging the quote on the basis of existing judgments having nothing to do with these words. It's true that this was a great year, despite the loss in round 2. it's true that this team CAN win the cup. The fact that they didn't do that this year doesn't bear on the truth of that statement. maybe he is not genuine, but seriously, you are doing him a favor by attacking neutral quotes, because it makes you appear irrational.

There is so much more to be attacking him for. Granted, those are in the past. So, let's move on and wait for the next arrogant move he makes. hopefully he won't, but likely he will. When and if he does, attack away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs Quote:
    [QUOTE]under Jacobs in the early 90's when the B's were very competitive under Sinden...Jacobs was the epitomy of cheap....Sinden did what he could and kept most players happy. Admittedly, sinden was almost just as cheap...but made some good trades and non-signings as well....ex) choosing to let Dmitri Khristich walk away from a terrible arbitration award and he traded for Adam Oates and the likes, but to my point....Jacobs is STILL looked at in NHL governors as a salary hard-liner , but the salary cap simply makes him no longer the bad guy. Trust me....if the cap got to 60+ mil....he would be crying NO MATTER WHAT WE DID ON THE ICE!!!!!. he is as one poster said earlier...a businessman FIRST....caring owner second.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, Furthermore if you want someone to thank for your year of no hockey simply thank your fearless leader Jeremy Jacobs who will now use the Cap as an excuse of going Cupless for another 35 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

In Response to Jeremy Jacobs Quote:
    [QUOTE]"This was a great year, but I believe we have many more ahead of us," Charlie Jacobs said. "This is truly a team that’s built (for) and expected to compete annually for a Cup. ... I think we’re very close." http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1175168&format=&page=2 Jacobs is the biggest con-man/snakeoil salesman in North America. What a great year 1 playoff round win and done. How about competing annually in the second round of the playoffs, never mind the Stanley Cup. I wonder how many fools are buying this garbage
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

In Response to Jeremy Jacobs Quote:
    [QUOTE]"This was a great year, but I believe we have many more ahead of us," Charlie Jacobs said. "This is truly a team that’s built (for) and expected to compete annually for a Cup. ... I think we’re very close." http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1175168&format=&page=2 Jacobs is the biggest con-man/snakeoil salesman in North America. What a great year 1 playoff round win and done. How about competing annually in the second round of the playoffs, never mind the Stanley Cup. I wonder how many fools are buying this garbage

I think Jacob's comments are fair. It was a great year, and it was unfortunate to lose out in the 2nd round. Had the B's made it through, who knows.. We are close. Keep a positive attitude, things have been getting better for the past 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SammySrx. Show SammySrx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeremy Jacobs Quote : I think Jacob's comments are fair. It was a great year,
    Posted by MrPingu[/QUOTE]

Just wondering Pingu, and not saying I disagree but a great year how?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Whoever says Cam Neely isn't here to win a cup has no clue. Do you not see the footage of this guy in the press box during playoff games. Did you miss the last time he tried to come back from injury. Did you see his retirement press conference. Did you ever see this guy lay everything on the line as a player. Cam Neely wants it more than anyone else. Only a Hab fan would think otherwise. And yes being a Bruin fan since the late 70's I would have to say this year was GREAT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

There's no reasoning with a bunch of bitter old fools who insist on living in the past to the point that they refuse to recognize the good things that are happening in the precious present.  Anyone can btch, moan, whine and complain, that's easy. 

When the B's win the Cup in the next few years, these negaholics will be looking around asking "Hey, what happened?".  And that'll be your loss. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

I would love to agree with those who says that if JJ spends up to the cap we shouldn't moan about past.
    But what about Schaefer buyout don't you think it's JJ decision? I'm pretty sure PC isn't so dumb. So still JJ hurt as, maybe not so much this year 550K probably we can swallow, but what about next year 770K and cap can be down.
    So we still are slapped with his "business logic" money first everything else second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

Re: Think Jacobs is okay..

In Response to Jacob's quote..

I think the quote is fine, and have no problem with the ownership and what has been done in the past 2 years. Keeping it positive, we finally beat the Habs in a playoff round, and convincingly, but failed to finish the Canes which was really disappointing. The players need to wear that, not the ownership. The team is still great and has lots of potential, a few more players and we can make it to the cup. With guys like Neely, Chiarelli, Julien, we are in good hands. They want to win as much as the fans. Good luck to the B's in 09-10.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

It's probably quite true that Jacobs is no Robert Kraft or Mike Illitch when it comes to owners (damn unfortunate too, because I've been a big Bruins fan for 35 years), but the fact now is that we were one of THEE best teams in the league this year, and came one goal away from the final four, and probably only missed because we had too many important injuries, most notably two key defensemen.

This team was #1 in goals against and #2 in goals scored. We are deep and talented. I for one look very much forward to 2009-10, and think we have quite possibly as good a chance as anyone to win the Cup in 2010. Good health and maybe one trade are all that stand between us and Lord Stanley's mug. GO BRUINS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SammySrx. Show SammySrx's posts

People like BruinsCountry have been making excuses and apologizing for ownership every year for the last 35 years of why the Bruins dont win. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with CountyCork partially, yes money is LESS of an issue with Jacobs because of the cap but dont lazily say it is not an issue because it most defintely still exists. A couple obvious examples is the GM's salary (lowest in the league) the practice facility in Wilmington widley reguarded as the worse in the league ironically enough a deal was in place two weeks ago to finally get a state of the art building for the Bruins to practice and train in and it fell apart because Jacobs did not want to pony up the cash. I kid you not. Now the money issue for the most part in the cap era has to replaced with ownership and management savvy and ingenuity (see Detroit RedWings) I find it very disturbing that in December Jeremy Jacobs was quoted that he wanted to lock up Peter Chiarelli LONG TERM...? Why Jeremy? Midway through PC's third year he had yet to win a playoff series, on his second coach, numerous screwups with big contracts... THE REASON: The building was being sold out, season tickets were flying off the shelf, the new jerseys were being bought in a frenzy and Jacobs equated that with success, and he wanted to lock up Chiarelli because of his profits and not being a REAL Cup contender and PC proving himself come playoff time. This was why Sinden and O'Connell were here so long is because the profits were always rolling in. COMPLACENCY is the reason why I dont think this organization will win the Cup with Jacobs as owner. The slightest bit of success and Jacobs is more then satisfied and everything remains status quo.

ya, really, what has chiarelli done!  boston only won the east and almost the entire league in points only missing by one, that blows!, we should have won by  30 or 40 points!  we didnt have anyone win the hart trophy, all we could conjure up were the jack adams, norris, vezina and jennings, that freakin blows!

seriously, i thought the lewis signing was brutal before he ever got into a game.  even after the year was done, the tsn guys were saying NOT to fire lewis and that they need some consistancy in boston, chia did right by firing him and getting the right guy in julien.  he has made his mistakes, but he has also done great.

i think jacobs is a moron and only cares about profits, i think its quite obvious, but im so done with a new thread coming out about it every week.  its so old.  if you hate the bruins so much why waste your time bashing them, i wouldnt even read up on them if they aggravated me that bad.

lets talk about positives and stop the annoying jacobs banter, its been going on over 30 years now and you guys say everyone are sheep, but isnt that what all hockey fans are?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrecji46. Show dkrecji46's posts

[QUOTE]i have to laugh when i see old JJ talk about spending and the cap! when asked about the post lockout spending " oh we spent right up to the cap" why doesn't somebody ask him about the 3 decades before that when he chose to spend like an expansion team!!!!!!!! and kept the bruins CUPLESS due to being cheap?!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

you and me both