Jeremy Reich!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Re: Jeremy Reich!!!

Doesn't take much to make you happy.  Wonder how you would be if the Bruins signed Crosby.  I do like your optimism.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I also happy that Reich is back. The Bruins could of used reich during the Cooke Savard incident hopefully during the first game against the Penguins, jeremy can go out and send another message to Cooke a real one. KABOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's need players who can score, not ice clowns.  Reich is useless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Not looking that into it. He's just a veteran presence and a leader for the AHLers to look up to. A replacement for Trent Whitfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Good for Reich to get a contract, but I don't expect him to play with the big squad.

He was even used in a PK role when he was here, so with Claude's penchant for calling up veterans instead of untested rookies I suppose that we may see Reich for a game or two when injuries are particularly heavy.

But I don't think Thornton has to worry too much about losing his job here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

nice depth grit move ..... not really a heavyweight, though, but someone who would neutralize middleweights like Cooke, Carcillo etc 

I think that fight with Bouillion a couple of years back hurt is cred in boston ... he'd been pretty solid up tilll then ... Reich, Thorts, Campbell = solid 4 th line 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Reich!!!:
    nice depth grit move ..... not really a heavyweight, though, but someone who would neutralize middleweights like Cooke, Carcillo etc  I think that fight with Bouillion a couple of years back hurt is cred in boston ... he'd been pretty solid up tilll then ... Reich, Thorts, Campbell = solid 4 th line   
    Posted by Griswal65

I would have to agree that Reich, Thornton, Campbell is a solid fourth line...in the AHL.  Campbell is the only NHLer there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

.....now that should give a bit of punch to the Bruins scoring woes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

nice depth grit move ..... not really a heavyweight, though, but someone who would neutralize middleweights like Cooke, Carcillo etc  I think that fight with Bouillion a couple of years back hurt is cred in boston ... he'd been pretty solid up tilll then ... Reich, Thorts, Campbell = solid 4 th line   
    Posted by Griswal65

Gris, I knew you'd be pleased with this development - I thought of you immediately when I read the announcement.  I think Reich will be on "call-up" status, though, because the B's also resigned Paille.  That said, if Paille were to meet his first-round draft pick potential (wouldn't that be nice), then maybe that fourth line does  become Reich-Campbell-Thornton and one very tough line to play against, as you say.  Cheers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Very good memory, Hus !

You're right, though; call-up basis only .... 

Should make training camp interesting and more intense.

While they clearly need scoring, I think they were alos far too soft last year ( to wit, every Leafs game ) 

I'd love to see McQuaid make the team this year - he is a tireless fighter a la LB in his early days.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The Second Reich cometh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Jeremy Reich might bring a little grit but still does not have what the Bruins really need which is someone that teams are really aware of on the ice. Shawn Thornton is a decent fighter but way to much of a good guy. He not chippy, not at all dirty and  other teams don't have to worry about him taking libertys with they players as they know he won't. He lives by some self imposed code good guy code which is not a bad thing, just not what the Bruins need at this time.

I understand that Goon hockey is really a thing of the past but it still has some place in the game. Take Cooke for example he knew that Thorny would come after him but he also knew that if he took 1 or 2 shots and then turtled Thornton would stop throwing but more importantly the rest of the Penguins knew they where never in danger do to the Thornton code and after he danced with Cooke it would be the end of it.

Now I  beleive the money they spent on Reich could have been better spent on a guy like Brian McGrattan he would have taken a 2 way deal and granted he may not have as much hockey abilty as Thornton or even Reich but I am willing to bet that if it was him climbing over the boards going after Cooke things might have turned out different. Because if Cooke didn't take a beating like a man he might then decide to take it out on a more skilled player, and even if he didn't go after Cindy or Malkin the possibilty would still be there. It's like having a nuclear weapon you don't have to use it but just having it makes other people concerned and cause's them to worry even if it is only slightly. And it might be just enough to throw them off there game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Very good memory, Hus ! You're right, though; call-up basis only ....  Should make training camp interesting and more intense. While they clearly need scoring, I think they were alos far too soft last year ( to wit, every Leafs game )  I'd love to see McQuaid make the team this year - he is a tireless fighter a la LB in his early days.....  
    Posted by Griswal65

I think McQuaid has more abilities than most give him credit for.  He's tough as nails and with the right coaching could be a solid 6th defender.  Time will tell whether he'll make the club but, even in a call-up mode along with Reich in Providence, he adds a dimension of toughness to the team which has been sorely and sadly missing for a while.  I'd love the Bruins to be hard to play against, if nothing else - I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

Cheers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

If Reich is a regular in Boston then our 4th line is really in trouble. He couldn't crack the Islanders lineup last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

Thornton and Reich are the Bash Brothers of the NHL.  Reich and Thornton are the same type of players that would work out perfectly on the 4th line to stir some shhhhhhhh it up and has always been the most favored in the locker room.  Good addition to Boston/Providence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Reich!!! : I would have to agree that Reich, Thornton, Campbell is a solid fourth line...in the AHL.  Campbell is the only NHLer there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

and Thornton?  He hasnt been on the team the past few years, eh?  Wrong!
    Thornton-Campbell-Reich WILL HAPPEN!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Reich!!! : and Thornton?  He hasnt been on the team the past few years, eh?  Wrong! Thornton-Campbell-Reich WILL HAPPEN!
    Posted by bosfan581

Yeah, I must have not been aware that Thornton was on the Bruins.

I feel so silly.  Whoa is me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Reich is a PBruins signing which was needed. For those who don't like this type of player and think they are gone the way of the dodo bird , your opinion was taken into consideration where it was thrown out with the garbage. Check the UFA signings where you'll see that NHL GM's think this type of player is still needed during the regular season. If you are squeamish with this type of activity during a game go to the souvenir stand to buy a pink hat or grab a drink with an umbrella in it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Reich is a PBruins signing which was needed. For those who don't like this type of player and think they are gone the way of the dodo bird , your opinion was taken into consideration where it was thrown out with the garbage. Check the UFA signings where you'll see that NHL GM's think this type of player is still needed during the regular season. If you are squeamish with this type of activity during a game go to the souvenir stand to buy a pink hat or grab a drink with an umbrella in it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Agreed.  The AHL plays with a different mentality, still.  If we have a stockpile of younger players, waiting to make the jump to the bigs, we need Reich for his leadership (he was a worthy captain last time with the PBruins) and his toughness - he'll back anyone up, much like Thornton did last year for the Bruins.  If Thornton's not on his game or if the Rangers, say, play like goons, insert Reich in the lineup for some balance.  As Gris said earlier, Reich is not a heavyweight but he's totally unafraid and that's a good attitude to have and show around the younger guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Chowdahkid-

Before telling me that my opinion is garbage, let's see just how much the goons play.  Goons, in the NHL, are not used for playing hockey, they're used to sell tickets.  The only reason I say this is because the goons sit on the bench for the majority of the game, never play in OT, and get scratched when the playoffs come around. 

I saw that the Rangers signed Derek Booggaard.  It's being referred to as one of the worst contracts in NHL history.  The Rangers are being laughed at all over the hockey world for that deal. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The thread thought is that Reich is not a goon.  He is an excellent checker, better than Thornton, impossible to knock around, strong in front of the net, and has scored some pretty goals for the Bs, albeit not a lot of them.  Then too, he never got too much ice time.

Whether he still has those qualities remains to be seen.

There isn't any room on the roster, which is a concern.  Reich, and the new upcoming talent, don't have open slots to compete for.  It would be more fun if we had only ten slots filled. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yes, let's look at those UFAs.

Boogaard, NYR:  57 games, 6:09 TOI, 0 goals, 4 assists (Minnesota:  13th in conference)

Shelley, PHI:  57 games, 7:06 TOI, 2g, 7a (Rangers:  9th in the East)

Konopka, NYI:  74 games, 8:08 TOI 2g, 3a (TB:  12th in the East)

Ivanans, CGY:  61 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, (LA:  6th in the West)

Looks like of the 30 NHL teams, four signed goons.

Meanwhile, the other 26 teams didn't sign McGrattan, Koci, Boulton, or Barch. 

I don't think that's a ringing endorsement for goon hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The thread thought is that Reich is not a goon.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Yes.  He.  Is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Jeremy Reich captain of your Providence Bruins

Sections
Shortcuts