Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin

This is a pretty damned compelling article.

I personally think Edmonton would be taking a risk to pick Hall over a center, which they clearly need. You just can't neglect your most important position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Re: Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin

In Response to Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin:
    This is a pretty damned compelling article. I personally think Edmonton would be taking a risk to pick Hall over a center, which they clearly need. You just can't neglect your most important position. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Matheson+Tyler/3194919/story.html
    Posted by OlsonicCreations
    i like it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

This is a pretty damned compelling article. I personally think Edmonton would be taking a risk to pick Hall over a center, which they clearly need. You just can't neglect your most important position. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Matheson+Tyler/3194919/story.html

Well put, except for the fact that Hall IS a natural center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin:
    In Response to Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin : Well put, except for the fact that Hall IS a natural center.
    Posted by Reilly24

Reilly, it seems you are trying to say, "Hall played center before he played wing, therefore he is a natural center". I really think that logic is flawed.

"Natural" does not mean "played first", it means the position that your are best suited to play. Hall's high motor & explosiveness and shoot-first mentality make him a better winger than a center. You would have to slow him down to play center, and what is the point of taking away a players best asset? Scouts have also said he doesn't have the vision to be a great center. I don't know if it's true, but a lack of vision is a major question mark for a centerman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Matheson @ Edmonton Journal: Oilers should take Seguin : Reilly, it seems you are trying to say, "Hall played center before he played wing, therefore he is a natural center". I really think that logic is flawed. "Natural" does not mean "played first", it means the position that your are best suited to play. Hall's high motor & explosiveness and shoot-first mentality make him a better winger than a center. You would have to slow him down to play center, and what is the point of taking away a players best asset? Scouts have also said he doesn't have the vision to be a great center. I don't know if it's true, but a lack of vision is a major question mark for a centerman

Good points, but what I am trying to say is the argument about one guy being a center vs one guy being a winger isn't a very strong argument because in reality both of these guys have and can play both positions well. If Edmonton picks Hall it's because of the hype that comes with him. If they pick Seguin it's because Edmonton does their homework and realizes that Seguin is a better all around hockey player. Do they want to sell tickets or build a winner ? I hope their looking to sell tickets myself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anacanapana. Show anacanapana's posts

This is exactly why PC needs to sit chilly - FROZEN even - until Edmonton makes their selection. DO NOT trade up to the #1 spot.

If it's true that the Bruins favor Hall, there is a 50/50 chance they get him at #2. (IMO, Edmonton is going to take Seguin and is just trying to get PC to blink first.)

If EDM takes Hall at #1, then, IMO, the Bs get the better player in Seguin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Either way, the Bruins win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Either way, the Bruins win.
    Posted by seobrien

Absolutely, enough said

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

If Chiarelli gives up a "salary dump" player (read: "Ryder" or possibly "Ference") for the gaurantee to draft the forward you prefer, I am okay with it, but Edmonton won't be stupid enough to do that. If he gives up anything that the Bruins actually value, that will convince me he is a moron. Thankfully it sounds as though he is leaning away from such a move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

It's a pretty damned compelling article because it was written by Jim Matheson. I used to live in Canada for a couple of years, and it was in Edmonton. Jim Matheson's opinions about the Oilers are considered gospel like up there.