JJ earns top spot! Worst owner in sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkh71. Show bkh71's posts

Even though the article is 7 years old or whatever. Not much has changed since. I see the Tampa Bay Rays making it to the playoffs before the Bruins ever make it to the finals again..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

Anyone noticing a common theme here? Don't get too excited about this offseason folks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8098378/Top-10:-Worst-franchises-in-pro-sports

6. Boston Bruins

To be blunt, owner Jeremy Jacobs seems to be stingy and only cares about profits. The Bruins are an Original Six team in one of the biggest American markets, but ownership only allows the front office to make enough moves to tease the fans into believing there is hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Yea, I bet Jacobs sits back and says "Hey, spend up to the cap....but only buy crappy players.� I don't want to be that good of a team.".

After all, I guess there are no profits from beer and hot dog sales if the Bruins were to go deeper into the playoffs.

The guy is a cheap owner....in a salary cap league that becomes a non-factor.� Horse is dead people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

Oh yes Money is no issue at all, what a crock

Coaching Salaries, Management salaries, Scouting and development, player ammenities, etc etc yeah your right those factors have ZERO to do with the on ice performance.

You pie in the sky, naive fans are a riot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

you have written the exact same thing so many times that I'm beginning think that you can't come up with anything new.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Oh yes Money is no issue at all, what a crockCoaching Salaries, Management salaries, Scouting anddevelopment, player ammenities, etc etc yeah your right those factorshave ZERO to do with the on ice performance.You pie in the sky, naive fans are a riot.

Oh, you mean like firing a coach after the first year of a three year contract after it became clear he was not the right guy for the job.....knowing he will still have to pay the remaining two years on his contract AND hire a new coach?� Yea, good point on the coaching.
    Scouting and development....like instituting a "Player development camp".� I'm sure that's free...and imagine all the beer that will be sold.� Oh wait...
    Player ammenities...um, you saying that the Bruins players are forced to drive themselves to each city, and are forced to wear used jerseys.
    There is "naive" and there is ignorant.� Which are you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

And if he didn't accept another position with the Bruins....which he didn't, then the Bruins were on the hook for the remainder of his contract....which they were.� Even if he took the janitors position and cleaned the restrooms he would still get the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY that is contract stipulated.� That would be the case unless he took another job with another club.

So regardless to your "facts"........the "FACT" still remains that the Bruins made a mistake on his hiring and were willing to PAY for that mistake by paying him a coaches salary to do something other than coach....OR pay him a coaches salary even if he wasn't part of the club.

So you see, DOPE......my point still stands, and is still correct.

Why don't YOU face it, for all the things Jacobs is......the whole "cheapness" issue died with the salary cap.

But I understand, it is simply easier to take ahold of someone elses opinions and thoughts, run with them, and make yourself out to be an "educated" fan.� Instead of thinking for yourselves and looking beyond the BS of the past.

The "fact" still remains....Jacobs is a horrible owner, nobody is debating that.� If he turned into Scroodge on Christmas day, I would still hate the man for what he has done (or not done) in the past.� However, to simply call him a cheap owner is trying to take a 5 year old argument and make it apply today.� It doesn't, and it's time to move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Oh, don't make the mistake to think I am "defending" Jacobs.� Trust me, I have been crying for him to sell the team for decades.� I can give you many reasons why the guy is the worst owner in sports.� HOWEVER, money is NOT an issue TODAY.�

Money comes into play when as far as on-ice players, behind the bench coaching, off-ice management, and scouting.

Players: As long as the Bruins are spending close to the cap, then that is NOT an issue.� The Bruins have been spending close to the cap.� There is NO issue there.�

Coaching: Regardless to Lewis getting another job with another team, the Bruins were willing to eat his contract to get rid of him.� His hiring was a mistake, it was admitted, and corrected.� If they ended up paying him or not is moot....the point is they were willing to pay to fix the mistake.

Off-ice management: Hiring good hockey people.� Bringing in Neely may be viewed as nothing more than bringing in a fan favorite to serve as a figure head.� But the fact remains, Cam Neely IS making decisions and proving to be a smart hire.� At the very least, it brings in a hockey person as opposed to a businessman to help make hockey decisions.� PC may have been the "cheaper" choice, but nobody can argue that it wasn't a good hire.� He is committed to bringing change to Boston, and he is showing he has a true plan on how to build a winning team.....as opposed to simply signing bodies to fill holes, ala MoC.

Scouting: They are making strides in that department.� Starting the player development camp is one of the best things they have done in years, as far as player development goes.

The bottom line is, the Bruins are spending money.� The question is HOW they spend money.� If you want to discuss HOW the money is spent....THEN we can have a discussion that is not fuled with overly emotional rage.

Cite specific examples, or admit you are simply spinning a 10 year old record that is worn out and tired.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Well yea, any smart team is going to be slightly below the cap....as you said, for potential trades.� But I don't think trading for Hossa would have been a smart idea anyway.

It's not like the Bruins were one guy away from winning a cup, and given the asking price for Hossa was VERY high, it would have been a step backwards by trading for him.� Now that he is a free agent, NOW is the time to go after him.

catwahcker_420,

Speaking of laughing at stupid people.....� Do you normally take part in a debate by resorting to personal attacks and comments you deem funny, but otherwise have NOTHING to do with the discussion at hand?� After reading your comments I guess it's safe to say that you have NOTHING to back up your claims....oh wait, you never made any claims in the first place.� You voiced no intelligent opinion, you only threw some lame "insults" out there.� Good job....you sure convinced me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

...Oh is it that old? I'm sorry I was just doing a Bruinssearch on MSN and that came up, funny though how the article predictedthat Guerin and Allison would be gone after Jacobs ordered thatLapointe signing....

The good part about bringing up history is that you can look back on both of these [trade and non-signing].� Are you telling me that if you could play GM for a day that you would have signed Guerin for 9M [at that time] or Allison for 7M?� Guerin would have been paid I believe something like 104,000 dollars PER POINT, IF he could produce at the same level he had over previous 5 years of his career [unlikely].� Allison, another crowd favorite... in return for Murray, Stumple and ??� Didn't he end up only playing one year of that contract and was basically "let go" and not playing any longer.

Jay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

"chowda kid" is just a little punk with a little #### that takes his anger out on this boston thread. thats it.Go cheer on the habs you little punk ####.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

It's almost worth it just so you will never have a team to truly root for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from francoismuarion. Show francoismuarion's posts

i agree, ownership must hire the best management to run the team and jacobs has not, he has gone with the cheapest hirings he could find.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]

i agree, ownership must hire the best management to run the team and jacobs has not, he has gone with the cheapest hirings he could find.

[/Quote]

Thats the problem, he hired a rookie yes man to do his bidding

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE BRUINS ARE THE CAP LIMIT ITS NOT ABOUT BEING CHEAP ANYMORE.. IF ANYTHING THEY HAVE NOT MADE GOOD DECISIONS. IT IS SO SIMPLISTIC TO SAY THEY ARE CHEAP, BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SIGN DAVE POULIN 17 YEARS AGO 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

[Quote]lucic007 appears to be another lost little sheep with the mentality of a 6 year old. You do realize that this franchise has not won a round in the playoffs in a decade right little boy? So naturally one would be objective thinking about this organization that is unless you were a blind cheerleader who waved his little pom poms over every move this team makes. Grow up. Just because someone doesnt pick the Bruins to win the stanley cup every season like you do does not make them a "hab fan"[/Quote]

YOU KNOW IM NOT GOING TO SAY THE BRUINS ARE PERFECT OR THAT THEY WILL WIN THE CUP, BUT THE PROBLEM IN 2008 IS NOT ABOUT BEING CHEAP, OWNERSHIP HAS CHANGED THAT, BUT NOW IT SEEMS THEY DONT SPEND MONEY ON THE  RIGHT PLAYERS BUT IT NOT A MATTER OF NOT SPENDING MONEY THAT IS AN OLD ARGUMENT TO ANOTHER TIME AND ERA. WHICH FANS LIVE IN THE PAST HERE 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If JJ is so cheap why is he allowing the developement camp to happen.  I am sure flying the players in and having the rink for them does not come for free.

As for the complaining about PC all I have to say is we did better at all levels this year and for the first time is a long time players will have to fight for their jobs at training camp ( we have 15 forward and 8 defencemen that are NHL quality )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsOwnBruins. Show HabsOwnBruins's posts

Re: JJ earns top spot! Worst owner in sports

JJ aka Montreal Man of the Decade is #1 in Quebec province

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

After this miserly gutless wonder raised ticket prices 100%-200% after winning one measly playoff round in a DECADE easily puts him in the discussion for worst in sports. Absolutely pathetic. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PatsSoxCeltsNo1 How long did it take you to go back and find this post ? Seriously ? What a G 0 0 B E R you are! Really thought this post out didn't you PatsSoxCeltsNo1 ?

Go back to the Red Sox board n second guess every Francona move and keep calling for Big Papi to get traded while you're applauding all of belichicks moves.

Thanks for taking all that time to tell us soemething allot of us already know Capt. Obvious! or should I call you camconner/redbulletrain ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANLUCICBRUINS1952. Show MILANLUCICBRUINS1952's posts

In Response to JJ earns top spot! Worst owner in sports:
    [QUOTE]Anyone noticing a common theme here? Don't get too excited about this offseason folks. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8098378/Top-10:-Worst-franchises-in-pro-sports 6. Boston Bruins To be blunt, owner Jeremy Jacobs seems to be stingy and only cares about profits. The Bruins are an Original Six team in one of the biggest American markets, but ownership only allows the front office to make enough moves to tease the fans into believing there is hope.
    Posted by ritwalljones[/QUOTE]

I thought this was made up until i actually saw it... I appologize