JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL

Unfortunately gangbanged out of town.Time to look in the mirror fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL

Do a little research 101 and you'll find that it's taken Joe until THIS season to produce for San Jose in the playoffs.  He's been publicly criticized by San Jose management for it. 

As for Kessel, can you explain why GM Burke and Coach Wilson both called out Kessel at times this past season in Toronto?  They said almost exactly the same things that were said of him when he was a Bruin.

Wanna retract this thread or substantiate it with facts somehow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Glad neither is a Bruin. I do wish Thornton was'nt rushed to the NHL. I think one year of dominating the minors would of been better for his career than 8 minutes a game on the 4th line with guys who could'nt score in an empty net so his passing ability meant nothing. He would of dominated the minors on the 1st line and his career path would of changed for the better. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Gangbanged out of town, too funny.

We swindled Toronto on that one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

We got better than fair market value for Kessel.

We dumped Thornton for nothing.  I was thinking at the time that you trade underperforming star for underperforming star.  Ovechkin wasn't the force he is now and should have been considered, or rather than going young they could have thought about Jagr or Forsberg - ok, you might disagree with the specifics, but the idea is that you trade star for star when you want to get rid of a star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

In Response to Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL:
    Do a little research 101 and you'll find that it's taken Joe until THIS season to produce for San Jose in the playoffs.  He's been publicly criticized by San Jose management for it.  As for Kessel, can you explain why GM Burke and Coach Wilson both called out Kessel at times this past season in Toronto?  They said almost exactly the same things that were said of him when he was a Bruin. Wanna retract this thread or substantiate it with facts somehow?
    Posted by BruinsCountry

I thought it was Joes fault that the Bruins werent producing in the playoffs and thats why he was jettisoned out of Boston? The Bruins still havent produced in the playoffs now have they? Face it BruinsCountry your as big a sheep as there is in this fanbase, you defend every move this organization makes til your blue in the face, anyone on here who trys to reason with you mine as well be talking to a brick wall. Face it BruinsCountry you are a dream fan for DelewareNorth Inc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL : I thought it was Joes fault that the Bruins werent producing in the playoffs and thats why he was jettisoned out of Boston? The Bruins still havent produced in the playoffs now have they? Face it BruinsCountry your as big a sheep as there is in this fanbase, you defend every move this organization makes til your blue in the face, anyone on here who trys to reason with you mine as well be talking to a brick wall. Face it BruinsCountry you are a dream fan for DelewareNorth Inc.
    Posted by Gardensupportor

PERFECT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

just the fact that we dumped 2 best pix in recent years goes to show u whar kind of crappy awful organization we have. This is a circus, and losing to the flyers the way they did shows how stupid  Pc and puppy face dumbo are.

As far as getting fair value for kessel , we DON"T KNO YET. and how can u be so sure that we would not have won cup with him this year or possibly next year instaed of these garbage crap "leaders" that cannot even shoot with conviction,
    What about all thiose faceoffs Mr. bertgy won where did that lead , UH"
    Look for ward to draft u bunch of sorry saps , pathetic, .. I am a diehard bruins fan , just not this version of the bruins, Shameful embarassing, humiliating.
    I would reather they had not made the playoffs instead of being defacated on. Hey Bruins word to wise use toilet paper to wash off ur faces , u stinky group of clowns and BIG PUPPY DUMBO to lead the way.

This version of the bruins is not even worthed. We just made part of a historical farce but hey guys we still have the draft.

ALLeuia! alleuia! the saviour has arrived . Seguin will lead us to the cup.

Wake up, ur clueless, fact is trading thornton for basically sturm is a joke,
    and trading kessel , is for most a bad trade because we do not know where we woul;d have been with him although i could tell u we would be a hell of a better team. Keep in mind before u go writing off pC as a genius, he got lucky he never expected to get a number 2.

What a bunch of stupid fks.I only wish that fans next year do not show up , and stay away. i mean  i would lobe to see 2 or 3 thousand fans a game, thats' s what these pathetic losers sorry excuse for a team deserve.

Stupid idiots all that gossip of kessel being a cancer , now we see what it gave by removing the cancer, SCOUNDRELS! OPen ur eyes,

Trytobearit, ur year round pessimism was justified and then some. Bunch of winners these guys turned out to be. BE SHAMEFUL, BE A LOSER, BE A BRUIN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

BTWE, U guys want too  uch from jt, but when they got heatley, i said now they are a cup contender and i said way back the n theybwill go to the finals and may win cup.

DON"T expect much more next yr from the bruins but HOOORAYY , POOR SEGUIN COMING TO JOIN THESE SORRY LOSERS,. hey seguin , hall, U REALLY THINK boSTON IS A TEAM TO PLAY FOR, Do urselves a favor.and go elsewhere Getting drafted
    by boston is a a ticket to LOSERS  LAND, just ask neely and bourque

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

In Response to JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL:
             Unfortunately gangbanged out of town.Time to look in the mirror fans.
    Posted by hockey-101

Hockey101 I see your point about Joe, but not Phil.  In the end we got Ference, Sturm and picks.  A big L.  However, it did clear up space for Chara and Savard. 

With Kessel, we now have 3 picks to replace one player...now I don't wanna jump the gun, but what are the odds, especially given the 2nd pick overall and a potential top 3 pick again next year?

Thornton to me was the big loss, but one great forward does not win the Cup for ya.  It gets you stats.  If that is what you want, maybe we should have sold our picks for Kovalchuk? 

How did that work out in NJ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm in no hurry to defend this group of players, or their coaches, but if you think these two players have squat to do with the Bruins brutal exit, you're just flailing wildly.  Kessel would have been hiding in the Zamboni shed during the Flyer series - best way to knock him off his game is hit him and the Flyers would have.  Thornton wouldn't have battled through Pronger - too much work.  You don't solve a character problem by hanging on to players who are generally believed to lack character.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Bookboy, our differnces on kessel are defintely apparent.U have pegged him a certain way and there's just no budging. Now, bookboy, i did say ur a knowledgeabl;e guy, but man on this topic,  U need to just look at it objectively.
    I understand kess is no crosbie but in this team i continue to say he's a great fir and there's no justification in trading him. Sure now we may get seguin and at least some luck, but this trade in essence was far roo risky.
    NOw, Bookboy, where u lose me is that ur saying kess would have done nothing, in playoffs, that's pure fortunetelling< The facts show he is a playoff performer, so please if u respond on this one ,do it in a fair objective fashion do it as if ur not a bruin fan but a general hockey fan so far  it has been  seemingly impossible for u when it comes to kess to be "fair" .

YET, this is not only about kessel it's everything that surrounds it   that some were lead to believe that losing kess was the road to utopia,

Bookboy, this team has a long road ahead of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

I'm in no hurry to defend this group of players, or their coaches, but if you think these two players have squat to do with the Bruins brutal exit, you're just flailing wildly.  Kessel would have been hiding in the Zamboni shed during the Flyer series - best way to knock him off his game is hit him and the Flyers would have.  Thornton wouldn't have battled through Pronger - too much work.  You don't solve a character problem by hanging on to players who are generally believed to lack character.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Yeah ok thats why Kessel is a point a game playoff player in his career right. Talk about flailing wildly...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL : I thought it was Joes fault that the Bruins werent producing in the playoffs and thats why he was jettisoned out of Boston? The Bruins still havent produced in the playoffs now have they? Face it BruinsCountry your as big a sheep as there is in this fanbase, you defend every move this organization makes til your blue in the face, anyone on here who trys to reason with you mine as well be talking to a brick wall. Face it BruinsCountry you are a dream fan for DelewareNorth Inc.
    Posted by Gardensupportor

Where you been GardenJock, waiting for the B's to fail before making an appearance again?  A negaholic who only comes out at night...

Go back and read my posts, I've been plenty critical of the Bruins the past two seasons.  But you won't.

You don't want to hear what San Jose management has said about Thornton in San Jose?  Why not?  You don't want to hear about what Toronto management has said about Kessel?  Why not?  Because it might not fit with what you want to hear?  Pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Mostly specualtion here, but then again most of this debate is based upon conjecture anyway...

I think most of us can agree that the jury is out on the Kessel trade, since neither the 2010 draft nor the season has started.  Kessel did hit the 30 plateau again this year, but he scored 6 less in the same amount of games (70) as he did in 09.  It may be 3-5 years before we truly know how this trade pans out.  Of course we don't want to think about next year - never mind half a decade, because we haven't won in 38 years, but we will have to.  Lets be honest, that is why this deal is really killing us.

In the case of Thornton, there will be a HUGE uproar round here if the Sharks do win the cup.  Just remember ahead of time that if they do, they needed to add Heatley to the team before they got there.  Likewise, if we add a Heatley type (which Kessel has not proven to be yet) we should get there too.... Hall?  Seguin?  Our first rounder?  Toronto's 2nd rounder (now ours)?  Our second rounder?  Remember David Krejci was taken 63rd overall back in 2004.  Then again Martins Karsums (Who?) was take with the next pick.  We have 4 picks (2, 15, 32, 45) before that this year.  The odds are we will cash in with a top 6 forward with at least one, but it may take until 2015 to know who that is.  I hope we fans have the patience to let it play out...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

In Response to Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL : Where you been GardenJock, waiting for the B's to fail before making an appearance again?  A negaholic who only comes out at night... Go back and read my posts, I've been plenty critical of the Bruins the past two seasons.  But you won't. You don't want to hear what San Jose management has said about Thornton in San Jose?  Why not?  You don't want to hear about what Toronto management has said about Kessel?  Why not?  Because it might not fit with what you want to hear?  Pathetic.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

LOL does baby want his rattle? Your a complete and total fraud BC and everyone here knows it. Keep waving those pom poms and scarfing down those JJ dogs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

Do a little research 101 and you'll find that it's taken Joe until THIS season to produce for San Jose in the playoffs.  He's been publicly criticized by San Jose management for it.  As for Kessel, can you explain why GM Burke and Coach Wilson both called out Kessel at times this past season in Toronto?  They said almost exactly the same things that were said of him when he was a Bruin. Wanna retract this thread or substantiate it with facts somehow?
    Posted by BruinsCountry

plenty of bruin player got called out this year, ryder wideman krejci hunwick this isnt out of the ordinary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Mostly specualtion here, but then again most of this debate is based upon conjecture anyway... I think most of us can agree that the jury is out on the Kessel trade, since neither the 2010 draft nor the season has started.  Kessel did hit the 30 plateau again this year, but he scored 6 less in the same amount of games (70) as he did in 09.  It may be 3-5 years before we truly know how this trade pans out.  Of course we don't want to think about next year - never mind half a decade, because we haven't won in 38 years, but we will have to.  Lets be honest, that is why this deal is really killing us. In the case of Thornton, there will be a HUGE uproar round here if the Sharks do win the cup.  Just remember ahead of time that if they do, they needed to add Heatley to the team before they got there.  Likewise, if we add a Heatley type (which Kessel has not proven to be yet) we should get there too.... Hall?  Seguin?  Our first rounder?  Toronto's 2nd rounder (now ours)?  Our second rounder?  Remember David Krejci was taken 63rd overall back in 2004.  Then again Martins Karsums (Who?) was take with the next pick.  We have 4 picks (2, 15, 32, 45) before that this year.  The odds are we will cash in with a top 6 forward with at least one, but it may take until 2015 to know who that is.  I hope we fans have the patience to let it play out...
    Posted by fordprefect

your saying it may take a few years for those draft picks to show up.Sounds like your willing to give a talent kid time? This is Boston you gotta be kidding me Unless the 2nd pick is a Lucic crasher,wich Hall and Seguen are not they have 2 years tops.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

No hockey101 I am saying it takes a player 2-3 years to come into his own, look at the vast majority of players, HOFers included.  Look at what Steve Stamkos did, et al after the first year, and he is a #1 pick.  The top 2 picks have generally taken a good year plus to get into the swing of things, with obvious exceptions like Crosby and Ovechkin.  The later the pick, usually the longer the learning curve.  I am not talking showing up, I am talking learning the game at the NHL level.  I am not talking 2 years in Providence, but I certainly would not count on 40+ goal seasons for Hall or Sequin until year 3.  It may happen, but the odds are long.   I am aware of what the majority of the Boston crowd is like, but I am a little more realistic... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I do think we are better off now without these two, but we didn't handle them right. Thornton was rushed into the league and left to fend for himself. While a 1st overall pick with high expectations is expected to contribute early if he's having trouble you don't keep things the same. As much as a big game choker as Thornton has become he was still a class act. He never criticized management publicly during his troubles here and he hasn't said anything negative since. 

Kessel was in another situation. He was rushed into production, but he has had an attitude problem since before we drafted him. He was supposed to be the clear cut #1 overall pick in 2006, but attitude problems and questions about his game pushed him down to us at #5. I am glad he is gone, as much as we may have been able to use his scoring touch we are set for years as a result.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I do think we are better off now without these two, but we didn't handle them right. Thornton was rushed into the league and left to fend for himself. While a 1st overall pick with high expectations is expected to contribute early if he's having trouble you don't keep things the same. As much as a big game choker as Thornton has become he was still a class act. He never criticized management publicly during his troubles here and he hasn't said anything negative since.  Kessel was in another situation. He was rushed into production, but he has had an attitude problem since before we drafted him. He was supposed to be the clear cut #1 overall pick in 2006, but attitude problems and questions about his game pushed him down to us at #5. I am glad he is gone, as much as we may have been able to use his scoring touch we are set for years as a result.
    Posted by joeschmo25

Well said and spot on. I for one would be very happy to see San Jose win the Cup this year.

A question: Why is it that so many of the haters who post here can't spell, write a simple declarative sentence without massive grammatical errors, or attempt to make a point WITHOUT CONSTANT SCREAMING CAPITAL LETTERS? Just wondering.

Anyway, the Kessel and Thornton trades are two wildly different situations, which occured under different administrations. Only a fool would see any connection between the two, other than the obvious that they were both high draft choices who didn't work out. The Thornton trade was a panic move by an incompetent GM; the Kessel trade was a salary cap-driven manuever by a GM who actually spun gold out of a situation in which he was for all intents and purposes driven into a corner. Burke overpaid massively for Kessel, both in the return and in salary. I've been quite amused by Toronto fans' assertion that Kessel will bear down and get himself into tip top shape this summer; why on earth should he do that now, when he never has? He's been able to succeed to the point where he's getting $5 million a year, why should he bust his tail?

Sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if Nick Backstrom had fallen to fifth and the Bruins had landed him; I know they coveted him. But then we wouldn't be looking forward to Hall/Seguin, who have the potential of assuring this team will be a contender for years to come. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: JOE THORTON AND PHIL KESSEL : Well said and spot on. I for one would be very happy to see San Jose win the Cup this year. A question: Why is it that so many of the haters who post here can't spell, write a simple declarative sentence without massive grammatical errors, or attempt to make a point WITHOUT CONSTANT SCREAMING CAPITAL LETTERS? Just wondering. Anyway, the Kessel and Thornton trades are two wildly different situations, which occured under different administrations. Only a fool would see any connection between the two, other than the obvious that they were both high draft choices who didn't work out. The Thornton trade was a panic move by an incompetent GM; the Kessel trade was a salary cap-driven manuever by a GM who actually spun gold out of a situation in which he was for all intents and purposes driven into a corner. Burke overpaid massively for Kessel, both in the return and in salary. I've been quite amused by Toronto fans' assertion that Kessel will bear down and get himself into tip top shape this summer; why on earth should he do that now , when he never has? He's been able to succeed to the point where he's getting $5 million a year, why should he bust his tail? Sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if Nick Backstrom had fallen to fifth and the Bruins had landed him; I know they coveted him. But then we wouldn't be looking forward to Hall/Seguin, who have the potential of assuring this team will be a contender for years to come. 
    Posted by duinne

FOLLOWING THE GANGBANGERS ARE WE? THORNTON WAS WEAK, KESSEL WEAK.DONT RUN AWAY FROM WHAT THE BOSTON FANS HAVE SAID IN THE PAST.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny how Chicago scored when Thornton was on the ice. 
    1st goal that his man.
    2nd goal loses faceoff and again his whole line could not cover the Hawks.

San Jose is toast.

Kessel ... not even worth mentioning because for sure he'de make a difference gainst the Flyers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bunch of winners these guys turned out to be. Posted by marco1001

Once again you amaze all of us with your grasp of reality! Go Marco Go!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

San Jose is far from toast. One game does not a series make, and IMHO those two teams are very evenly matched. Nieimi, to his credit, made all the difference in that game.

As for this:

FOLLOWING THE GANGBANGERS ARE WE? THORNTON WAS WEAK, KESSEL WEAK.DONT RUN AWAY FROM WHAT THE BOSTON FANS HAVE SAID IN THE PAST.
    Can somebody interpret? Because I don't have a clue what this is supposed to mean.

Sections
Shortcuts