Johnny Boychuk??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bongojr. Show bongojr's posts

Johnny Boychuk??

Does anybody have any insight on the P-Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk? I see he had 20 goals, 60+ points and a plus 19. Alot of people are talking about the B's needing a puck moving d-man. Seems like he has the offensive skills. Can he play D?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

Re: Johnny Boychuk??

used to be a higher rated prospect for colorado but his age indicates his developement is slow

Scouting Report

Assets
    Loves to initiate contact. Owns a heavy point shot and has stay-at-home qualities that endear him to his coaches. Is a quality teammate.
    Flaws
    Is still a work in progress and must continue to refine his defensive game. Will occasionally take bad penalties that hurt his team.
    Career Potential
    No. 6 or 7 defenseman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's not as if this guy is 30 years old or something.

When was the last time they updated his profile?  And what was TT's forecast?

Granted it is the AHL, but I don't see how a guy can put up numbers like that and not get a chance to show what he has in the NHL.

Anybody watching this guy in Providence?  What's the deal?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

I dont see him as a 6th or 7th defensemen....he's better then that....3rd or 4th easily

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

I would put him as a 4th or 5th defensemen. He's a good offensive dman, but his actual D skills are somewhat lacking. He has the tendancy to be out of position because he is aggressive.

I would give him a shot this year on the 3rd pairing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

He will not be with the Bruins next year.  I have heard several times he does not skate well enough to stick in the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

He is NHL-ready. He is a better skater than he is given credit for. He is solid in his own zone and has a pretty good shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

...WELL, HE,S NO STEVE MONTADORE !!!!!   THANK THE LORD !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I thought he might get the call up during the playoffs when the D started getting thin and was surprised when he did'nt. That was a tipoff to me that they did not have alot of confidence in him at the time. Maybe he will develop but the clock is ticking for him. I think he is a career minor leaguer.
    Keep in mind that Yuri Alexandrov has agreed to come over for development camp this year and this may be a guy you see in Boston/Providence next year.
    The bigger message here is that the B's are a bit thin when it comes to overall defensive depth in the organization. I have been a proponent of trading Kessel for the third pick. Take a look at Jared Cowen. 6 foot 5 inches and about 230lbs. Big and mobile defenseman. The kind of guy the B's could use.