JOHNNY BOYCHUK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

JOHNNY BOYCHUK

Johnny B is a very good D with some size but he is not being used. He is bigger than Hunwick, Ferrence and Wideman and sits in the press box waiting for someone to get hurt so he can play.
    This is a terrible injustice to him and should be at least sent down to ProvB's to keep his skills up. The Bruins could call him up when they have to but he needs to play.
    Any player sitting in the press box for a long time should be sent down to keep their skills up. The Bruins are not using the assets they have properly and he should get a chance to play. He could replace Wides or Ferrence when they are playing badly but not thus far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

Re: JOHNNY BOYCHUK

Too bad for him but if he gets sent down he is exposed to waivers. And then it's good bye, someone will grab him. Look at the Canadiens.....they snagged Jay Leach. At some point someone will get  hurt...always happens.....would like to see him play too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It would make no sense for him to go down and get injured, the reason he is up here on backup is to cover for injuries and illnesses.

He is a top backup and I like him playing, but it is better if he is in pressbox, it means our D is still playing well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I doubt it's personal, and you have to guess that he knew the score when they signed him to a one-way deal.  He's not a raw rook - this is a guy with a lot of minor-league experience and some time in the Avs organization.  He's 26 in a month.  And his inflated numbers from last year must have at least something to do with the system and role in Prov. because Andy Wozniewski is having similar success, albeit on a worse team.  The fact he hasn't played despite Wideman's struggles tells you one of two things: the coaches are not convinced that the team is better with him in the line-up over Wides, or they feel the team needs to eat Wideman's struggles for a bit because long term they are not as good with Boychuck at his best as with Wideman at his best.  I feel for the guy, but they don't have the depth at D to lose him on waivers, so he sits until things are on track enough that he can take a game here or there from Hunwick or Ference or Wideman just to stay in the loop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I still beleive the Bs will rid of a D for a scoring winger that will likely rsult in JB stepping in but with wides struggling or even hunwick, they should give JB some games to keep in shape and see what he really brings to the table,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wides is getting more mins than even Chara right now and is playing well, Boy will not be replacing him unless flu or injury. I don't know why he is getting the most mins unless they are using it as a showcase for the trade that everyone is either looking for or expecting at some point this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

i would love to see ference gone , i will admit a smart veteran d-man but the talent and physicality cannot match his knowledge of the game... give boychuck a chance. im sick of seeing dmen pushed around along the boards.. how is boychuck and hunwick not a great pairing.. both have offenisve skills with hunwick being a more mobile option while boychuck stays back and waits for a chance to unleash his ferocious slapshot/ while knowing his role to be a more "stay at home defender"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

Did I actually read 'wideman is playing well'?!?! Wideman looks like a different defeseman this year. Last year you rarely saw Wideman do the things I see him do every single game this year. Not getting pucks thru when he shoots from the point; missing the net on point blank opportunities; and worst of all: unforced giveaways in his own end. Wideman almost made me forget the loss of Nick Boynton and now I cringe when I see him on the ice during a tied or close game. If he's playing injured or whatever, I don't know. Nowadays they don't make injuries readily available to the public. I keep on hoping that he's going to snap out of this rut that he's in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

If the plan is to try and move a Dman in a possible trade scenario, they have to play until that comes to pass. There can't be any other possible reason because outside of Morris and maybe Stuart - Boychuk showed more than anyone else back there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Wides is the one to go sorry,cap space freed up and at least 2 dman from prov can do what he does or better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

The only thing Wideman has been doing well lately is falling down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Wideman stays, Ferrence goes. I would bring up Boychuk for sure

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Yes, Boychuck played great and was solid in all zones, CJ really needs to work him into the mix more. Wideman makes a minimum of 3 embarrising blunders per game. Bench him for a few, give Boychuck the icetime he deserves and maybe Wideman pulls his head out of his rear and starts playing like he should, its a win win situation.