Jordon Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Jordon Caron

Position: RW Height: 6'2" Weight: 201 lbs Shoots: Left
    Power forward and likes to play gritty. He's a Bruin !
    He's even taller than Cam Neely LOL...
    Hey, considering he's the 25th pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Jordon Caron

In Response to Jordon Caron:
    [QUOTE]Position : RW Height : 6'2" Weight : 201 lbs Shoots: Left Power forward and likes to play gritty. He's a Bruin ! He's even taller than Cam Neely LOL... Hey, considering he's the 25th pick.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Not to shabby I think he's going to sneek into the Big Bs earlier too!

Season   Team     GP G  A PTS PIM +/- SH  SH% PPG SHG WG
    2008-09 Rimouski 56 36 31 67  66   14   205 17.6  18    2     6

and yah watching him tower over Cam was pretty cool. Trying to understand why teams passed on him. Wait till he puts some weight and starts throwing it around!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was hoping on Kreider or Moore or Schroeder but McGuire kept on calling on this Caron's kids name. 
    When the Bruins picked him McGuire made comment that he could see him being a thorn on the Canadiens side,  he said " He gets better as the game gets Ugly,  not sure the Habs want to see that side him . " 
    Then I thought character,  no stat can determine character. Look at Lucic he didn't have great numbers either .
    Not saying Caron doesn't have good numbers (pretty good in the playoffs) but again he's a 25th pick ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

good pick up for the bruins mabe be another holmstem thats plays in front of the net with the big body hard to move goaltenders nightmare

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yes he is a Bruin. I was hoping for him. He's a great physical player and has developed the physical play a lot in the past couple of yeaars, accoring to his coach. He also finds his way to the net, to regurgitate what was said. But with some superficial research I found it was true.

Cool beans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Love Caron. Good pick considering where they picked. Would loved to have seen them grab a second rounder. Alex Hutchings playing for Barrie in the O would have been another nice acquisition. On the small side but with incredible drive and courage.  Though he is another center and they really do need help on D. speaking of which, what doe anyone think of a Kessel for Jack Johnson trade? They're having a hard time signing him in LA. The money would probably be a wash,  but could give the Bruins the chance to move a D-man (Wideman?) for some picks and free up some cap space that way. I've had a chance to watch him out here and he's the real deal. Also a deal with Vancouver for center Cody Hogdson for Kessel could also work. Since he's a rookie, his cap impact for the next two years would be minimal. Give the B's a a chance to move possibly Bergeron. (who i love) Forgive me for those are sick of my posting this trade proposition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder21. Show thunder21's posts

Just hope he is better than our previous picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

He's a pretty good player. One of our staff writers at Something's Bruin is a HUUUUUUUGE Spitfires fan and was able to watch him throughout the playoffs this year. He thinks that Caron will make the club in a year or two based on his attributes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

i really like this pick hopefully next year he could be a impact player for the b's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I am definetly going to see him play when he comes to Quebec
    It 's right on Bruins Nation what McGuire had to say.
    The B's drafted the best player available at that spot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

I think Colborne will make the team and a bigger impact first. I caught him in one college game last year, and all the announcers did was rave about him all game.

"See that shot? What an NHL-caliber wrist shot. What reach. What quick hands, etc"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Rumor around development camp was that he may well get the "Lucic Treatment" durring training camp in September. That's how impressed Neely, Sweeny and the rest of the organization were of his conditioning, skill level and work ethic. Sweeny even mentioned that he thought Caron was the overall best player durring the development camp, pretty impressive compliment if you ask me.

Although it's extremely (and i stress extremely) unlikely you will see him break camp regardless of the injury situations with Kessel and Krejci i don't think the kid is far off at all. I was there for all the practices and he and Suave really stood out from the pack, i still need to see more from Zach. Zach Hamill looked more confident but really did not stand out as much as Caron.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Zach Should be moved.

He kinda svcks.

Sorry ZAch.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Imafan,

Caron is projected to be a top-six power forward according to the scouting reports, rankings & North America hockey writers. Sorry, i rather take the word of professionals on this one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Solid pick, but I was really hoping for one of the big defensemen. I'm not sure how many of the blueliners we're gonna keep in the next two or three seasons. Chara's and Hunwick are both up after 11, and it's a contract year for Stuart, Ference and Morris.  Yuri Alexaderov may get into the mix next year, which means Ference is probably the logical man out...

In Response to Jordon Caron:
    [QUOTE]Position : RW Height : 6'2" Weight : 201 lbs Shoots: Left Power forward and likes to play gritty. He's a Bruin ! He's even taller than Cam Neely LOL... Hey, considering he's the 25th pick.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't believe he'll make the team come training camp but you will be surprised with his skating ability for a big body. He ranked about 20th in all of North America in skating ,  that's excellent !
    He's already a better skater than Zach Hamil and has a better release. He cannot do worse .
    My prediction he might not start the 2010/11 season but he will play in the NHL that season. He'll be a 3rd liner unless he proves me wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron:
    [QUOTE]I was hoping on Kreider or Moore or Schroeder but McGuire kept on calling on this Caron's kids name.  When the Bruins picked him McGuire made comment that he could see him being a thorn on the Canadiens side,  he said " He gets better as the game gets Ugly,  not sure the Habs want to see that side him . "  Then I thought character,  no stat can determine character. Look at Lucic he didn't have great numbers either . Not saying Caron doesn't have good numbers (pretty good in the playoffs) but again he's a 25th pick ! 

So Pavel Datsyuk was a 7th round 171st overall pick and look at him, Zetterberg picked 210 overall. Also pretty sure that Lunquist was a 7th rounder as well. He has a lot better shot being a 25th pick than any of the perviously mentioned 7th rounders.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Rumor around development camp was that he may well get the "Lucic Treatment" durring training camp in September. That's how impressed Neely, Sweeny and the rest of the organization were of his conditioning, skill level and work ethic. Sweeny even mentioned that he thought Caron was the overall best player durring the development camp, pretty impressive compliment if you ask me. Although it's extremely (and i stress extremely ) unlikely you will see him break camp regardless of the injury situations with Kessel and Krejci
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Given the potential injury situation out of camp, it's not out of the question, I suppose, to see Caron kept with the team for 9 games IF he has an amazing camp. QMJHL guys can't be returned to their junior club if they play in 10 games, and he's too young to play in the AHL, so it's unlikely he'd last any longer than that. However, you're likely right: it's probable that he'll be back in the Q come the start of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank0r. Show tank0r's posts

Caron "could" play in more than 9 games and still be sent back to the Q, but once he plays game 10 the season counts as the first year on his 3 year entry level contract no matter how many games he ends up playing.  Highly unlikely he'll make the team out of camp though, but stranger things have happened (ie Bergeron and Lucic).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

[QUOTE]Caron will never make this Club!!!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

This is going to be my signature.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

He looks like he could be a good one. But lets not forget most fans from all clubs are excited about there first round pick, and many of them are not going to pan out (just a thought).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

imafan why don't you just stop.....you never say anything positive, and you hate the Bruins, so just stop

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cahalane. Show cahalane's posts

My initial impression of this kid is that he's a self centered jerk.  After his name was called, it took him almost three full minutes to get to the stage.  He was busy shaking hands, kissing cheeks and hugging everyone in his entourage.  The Boston Bruins are waiting for you, kid.  Cam Neely wants to shake your hand.  Get to the stage.

What a jerk.