Julien Gone???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

Re: Julien Gone???

We traded for the #1 pick in the Draft...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Gone???:
    In Response to Re: Julien Gone??? : Agreed, very funny.... but if Stanley is finally moving up, don't you think he would have Wheeler on the attendee list, possibly stuffed in front of the podium a-la Police Academy?
    Posted by Wingnut11

yes, but wheeler would be gagged too...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Major announcement?? Its ok to date a flyers fan if she shaves her mustache??

I agree with NAS, if its the neely thing, and it looks like it is, Its not that major as much as its a feel good, marketing ploy to get over some of the bad taste left by blowing a 3-0 series lead..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Real_ESPNLeBrun I'm sure all the Bruins bloggers already reported this but source confirms to me Cam Neely to be named team president tomorrow

HackswithHaggs A hockey source just confirmed it: Cam Neely to be named President of the Boston Bruins tomorrow at TD Garden. More at CSNNE.com in a bit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Neely has been Chiarelli's boss.  The VP is above the GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

NAS - One would think that, but I don't believe that it is the case.

HackswithHaggs Vice-President...likely to be an equal w/ Chiarelli, but not sure of that RT @wickedbruinsfan: what is Neely's position now?

I think that this move makes Cam THE go to guy! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Neely has been Chiarelli's boss.  The VP is above the GM.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I thought Chiarelli was GM/Senior Vice President? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Stanley's hiring...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  "Bruins sign Blake Wheeler to a 15yr $110M contract"

I wouldn't be surprised if they fired Julien, but if that's the case, it's was a contentious firing.  Usually when you fire a coach, and that coach has a past connection to the GM, the guy gets to be at the conference to take questions on what went wrong and where he goes from here.  So Julie not being there makes me suspect he's not getting the gate.

Hitler's corpse.  Perfect.  And yeah, this would be the second coach PC has fired in his four years, which makes you wonder - could it be PC getting the gate?  He'll be there to accept his fate.  The timing would remove him from the draft floor for the biggest draft in...ages.  He won't be overpaying any more Ryder FAs come July.  It's not out of the realm.

They always talk about "going through evaluations".  So if it's CJ, you point to the contentious relationship with Kessel that may or may not have helped shuffle him out the door, you point to the lack of emotion and commitment from this year's team, you point to his inability to adapt over the course of a series, his unwillingness to take risks. And you wonder how he'll co-exists with his most accomplished offensive player after basically throwing him under the bus after line-change-gate.  Those are the knocks to measure against getting impact contributions from young players, installing a disciplined system, and winning twice as many playoff rounds in the last two years as the franchise has in over 15 years.

The PC record might be more damning in the eyes of the Cryptkeeper, especially if he presented a plan for the year that included sending Ryder to Providence and firing Julien.  Two coaches, two aging, shoot-first right wings, two moves to acquire old Sentators that didn't work out, a habit of not nickel and diming the players, and only one game played by any of his draft picks (draft picks being cheap labour): all told, that's a lot of JJ's money PC has gutterballed.  You could probably get to $10M depending on how you valued the difference between veteran and rookie salaries on the team.  I'd say it's a 50/50 proposition.  Chiarelli sits with JJ and says "I think we have to fire Claude."  And JJ says "You're sure?  Well if that's the case, then I'm inclined to fire you and let your replacement hire our next coach."

Maybe they make Neely GM.

Maybe the Dropkick Murphys have signed a 5 year/30M contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Gone??? : And with his first move he has signed Wheeler to a 15 year/ 150 million dollar deal.
    Posted by derrickmorin

Plus performance bonuses of 2M each for 5, 10 and 15 goals. Contract is doubled in value if he hits 20 goals in any season. Plus Stanley will let him have "relations " with his 2nd cousin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

With so much room for player movement before the draft, this doesn't add any excitement at all. Just bring on Seguin already ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Cam Neely
    Vice President, Alternate Governor

Cam NeelyCam Neely enters his second season in the Bruins front office, as he returned to the organization in September, 2007 as a Vice President. In that capacity, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on player development and other hockey operations issues and also works with Executive Vice President Charlie Jacobs on the club's business operations. He also serves as an alternate to the NHL Board of Governors.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Cam Neely Vice President, Alternate Governor Cam Neely enters his second season in the Bruins front office, as he returned to the organization in September, 2007 as a Vice President. In that capacity, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on player development and other hockey operations issues and also works with Executive Vice President Charlie Jacobs on the club's business operations. He also serves as an alternate to the NHL Board of Governors.
    Posted by MeanE

NAS was wrong again...love it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Re: Stanley's hiring...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  "Bruins sign Blake Wheeler to a 15yr $110M contract" I wouldn't be surprised if they fired Julien, but if that's the case, it's was a contentious firing.  Usually when you fire a coach, and that coach has a past connection to the GM, the guy gets to be at the conference to take questions on what went wrong and where he goes from here.  So Julie not being there makes me suspect he's not getting the gate. Hitler's corpse.  Perfect.  And yeah, this would be the second coach PC has fired in his four years, which makes you wonder - could it be PC getting the gate?  He'll be there to accept his fate.  The timing would remove him from the draft floor for the biggest draft in...ages.  He won't be overpaying any more Ryder FAs come July.  It's not out of the realm. They always talk about "going through evaluations".  So if it's CJ, you point to the contentious relationship with Kessel that may or may not have helped shuffle him out the door, you point to the lack of emotion and commitment from this year's team, you point to his inability to adapt over the course of a series, his unwillingness to take risks. And you wonder how he'll co-exists with his most accomplished offensive player after basically throwing him under the bus after line-change-gate.  Those are the knocks to measure against getting impact contributions from young players, installing a disciplined system, and winning twice as many playoff rounds in the last two years as the franchise has in over 15 years. The PC record might be more damning in the eyes of the Cryptkeeper, especially if he presented a plan for the year that included sending Ryder to Providence and firing Julien.  Two coaches, two aging, shoot-first right wings, two moves to acquire old Sentators that didn't work out, a habit of not nickel and diming the players, and only one game played by any of his draft picks (draft picks being cheap labour): all told, that's a lot of JJ's money PC has gutterballed.  You could probably get to $10M depending on how you valued the difference between veteran and rookie salaries on the team.  I'd say it's a 50/50 proposition.  Chiarelli sits with JJ and says "I think we have to fire Claude."  And JJ says "You're sure?  Well if that's the case, then I'm inclined to fire you and let your replacement hire our next coach." Maybe they make Neely GM. Maybe the Dropkick Murphys have signed a 5 year/30M contract.
    Posted by Bookboy007

To play or coach? Al and Ken would be pretty funny behind the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I seriously doubt it's CJ being fired. Yeah, I'd like to see him be more dynamic as a coach in terms of changing the game plan as needed and team preparation. (This is an area that Scott Arniel is ecxellent in. His AHL team was always well prepared and could respond to any situation during the game. Columbus did well to hire him even if he wasn't their first choice.) 

The decision is likely Neely's promotion. CJ isn't there because it doesn't involve the coaching staff or the players and is mostly upper management related. The coach is usually not present for something like this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

NAS is right more often then not.  However, front offices in sports, especially hockey are never cookie cutter, as a President for one team may be focused on Hockey Operations, where another team the President is focused on business administration.  They are just titles.  My interest in this title is how will this impact the structure of the Bruins organization.  Especially with the draft in 10 days.  Will Cam have to sign off on any trades or picks?  Or is this just a promotion for Cam to be more of a figurehead?  I guess we will know tomorrow at 2.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

NAS is right more often then not.  However, front offices in sports, especially hockey are never cookie cutter, as a President for one team may be focused on Hockey Operations, where another team the President is focused on business administration.  They are just titles.  My interest in this title is how will this impact the structure of the Bruins organization.  Especially with the draft in 10 days.  Will Cam have to sign off on any trades or picks?  Or is this just a promotion for Cam to be more of a figurehead?  I guess we will know tomorrow at 2.  
    Posted by MeanE

true, but NAS a an ahole more often than not too...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Cam Neely Vice President, Alternate Governor Cam Neely enters his second season in the Bruins front office, as he returned to the organization in September, 2007 as a Vice President. In that capacity, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on player development and other hockey operations issues and also works with Executive Vice President Charlie Jacobs on the club's business operations. He also serves as an alternate to the NHL Board of Governors.
    Posted by MeanE

Yeah, he serves as an advisor, meaning he is involved in that.

The VP is above the GM. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Gone??? : Yeah, he serves as an advisor, meaning he is involved in that. The VP is above the GM. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

LOL...Why can't you admit when you are wrong? It's not even a big deal if you are but you just can't admit it...

Cam Neely serves as an advisor to the GM on player development and hockey operations, but he is definitely above the GM..ok

That would mean that Harry Sinden,an advisor to Jeremy Jacobs, is definitely above the owner...ok

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Gone??? : Yeah, he serves as an advisor, meaning he is involved in that. The VP is above the GM. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

VP is above the manager is some respect.. I do get that the goal was for someone, or multiples to prove you wrong..

My belief, would be like in many corporations/organizations, president, VP, etc.. your talking about positions with in the orgainization, that are geared on steering the generalthe success of the organization.. Oftern responsible in big picture/identity/branding etc.
    GM, is going to be your top guy in charge of personal, with meeting goals/visions of the company etc, aligned by board of governors etc.. This is typically the top decision maker in the day to day, short term success..

PC will be top dog at the draft, and in any decisions he makes, but, he is a contracted position, much like a player or coach, with a much shorter leash then Neely would be on.. Cam may be responsible for a direction of the team, pc for the peices etc.. Cam unless he decides he wishes to be a GM could easily be team president for 25 years through good and bad... Good luck being GM for 25 years when your not tied to the team in an ownership respect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Gone??? : LOL...Why can't you admit when you are wrong? It's not even a big deal if you are but you just can't admit it...  Cam Neely serves as an advisor to the GM on player development and hockey operations, but he is definitely above the GM..ok That would mean that Harry Sinden,an advisor to Jeremy Jacobs, is definitely above the owner...ok
    Posted by derrickmorin

I admit when I'm wrong all the time.  I've made plenty of mistakes and own up to every one of them.

This isn't one of those cases.

This is simple business.  I can't understand why people don't get it.  The Vice President of the team is above the GM.  It's not even a debate.  There is no gray area. 

President
    Vice President
    GM
    Assistant GM

Check any team on Earth and you'll find that is how it is structured.  You might find teams that don't have assistant GMs or Vice Presidents, or even Presidents, but for the flowchart of business, that's how it goes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

There goes the know-it-all again, explaining "the flowchart of business" to us.  PC is in the Hockey Operations Department (Neely is not), with a title of General Manager.  This does not mean that Neely outranks him in the organization.  Using the NAS "Flowchart of Business" (aka the NASFOB) means that the following front office personnel also outrank PC:
    Amy Latimer- Senior VP, Sales & Marketing
    Dan Zimmer- VP, Business Operations
    Jim Bednarek- VP, Finance

I wonder if they all make PC sit at the little table for the Senior Management meetings or does he even get invited? Maybe they make him keep the minutes? NAS, I have worked in two companies where the GM role was at a Senior VP level.      

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

So...it was Amy Latimer who was behind the Ference signing. She needs to go!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

There goes the know-it-all again, explaining "the flowchart of business" to us.  PC is in the Hockey Operations Department (Neely is not), with a title of General Manager.  This does not mean that Neely outranks him in the organization.  Using the NAS "Flowchart of Business" (aka the NASFOB) means that the following front office personnel also outrank PC: Amy Latimer- Senior VP, Sales & Marketing Dan Zimmer- VP, Business Operations Jim Bednarek- VP, Finance I wonder if they all make PC sit at the little table for the Senior Management meetings or does he even get invited? Maybe they make him keep the minutes? NAS, I have worked in two companies where the GM role was at a Senior VP level.      
    Posted by Crowls24024

I can't wait to see NAS response to this...what a donkey NAS...among other things.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

There goes the know-it-all again, explaining "the flowchart of business" to us.  PC is in the Hockey Operations Department (Neely is not), with a title of General Manager.  This does not mean that Neely outranks him in the organization.  Using the NAS "Flowchart of Business" (aka the NASFOB) means that the following front office personnel also outrank PC: Amy Latimer- Senior VP, Sales & Marketing Dan Zimmer- VP, Business Operations Jim Bednarek- VP, Finance I wonder if they all make PC sit at the little table for the Senior Management meetings or does he even get invited? Maybe they make him keep the minutes? NAS, I have worked in two companies where the GM role was at a Senior VP level.      
    Posted by Crowls2424

Nice!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PC is not pulling any trade not approved by those above and they would be Cam then up to Sinden then god, I mean JJ. Don't kid yourself if you think Pc actually pulls the strings, he is nothing more than a marionette with Harry still in the pic.

He has more leeway in negotiating than predecessors since Harry but he will never have the final say and can be kiboshed by all the aforementioned.

Sections
Shortcuts