Julien - Jack Adams finalist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Julien - Jack Adams finalist

from the Bruins Blog:

Claude Julien was named one of the three finalists for the Jack Adams Award as the NHL's Coach of the Year. The other finalists were San Jose's Todd McLellan and St. Louis's Andy Murray. The second-year Boston coach led the Bruins to the top record in the Eastern Conference this season. NHL broadcasters vote on the award.

Got to think that Julien gets this... McLellan 2nd and Murray 3rd.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Julien - Jack Adams finalist

Andy Brickley was talking about this on WEEI, Julien, while he did a great job, doesn't have a chance. Andy Murray is going to run away with this one since they were in last place so late in the season and made the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Do you think voters will consider early playoff exits ? Julien gets my vote but i'm an impartial homer so.

Gretzky even said earlier this year that Julien should coach the Canada Olympic team in 2010.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Last year , I hated Julien and his boring style of defense.

The fact is , I was wrong. He did not have the scorers to play any other style.

The front office provided Julien with some scoring depth in the offseason, mainly Ryder and Wheeler. Add the continued developement of young players Wideman and Krecji, the return of Bergeron , and do not forget Stephane Yelle , who blocks shots and wins face-offs, kills penalties and provides leadership.

Suddenly , Julien has the depth and he has a team that can score a few goals. But credit Julien , the defensive style that got the team only into the playoffs last year is serving us well. These guys have not forgotten how to shut down the opposition in the 3rd period. And it is not boring , it is a thing of beauty to watch 18 guys all on the same page , playing as a unit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Ols,

How is it a credit to the coach that his team did a lame job all season and then woke up in the playoffs? Now I don't know what they look for in a winner, and I suspect there is a lot of arbitrariness, but I'm more certain that CJ should win this than I am that... Chara should win for best defenseman.

OK, not really "more" certain, but you know that I mean.

Award or no award, here's how I know CJ is she sh1t. When his guys talk, they all appear to be brainwashed. That's gooc coaching. He keeps them in line. They have solidarity, and all have the same 'philosophy', answering in the same way to all questions. That's not media training. That's keeping your boys in line.

CJ is the perfect mix of daddy and dictator. He shows class and poise and knows how to keep his boys in line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Triple crown, big Z Norris, Thomas Vezina, Coach Julien Jack Adams!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

BruinsUnite, the people that vote on this disagree with you according to Brick. he says Murray is a shoe-in. I certainly understand your perspective, but St.Louis wasn't supposed to make the playoffs anyway. The fact he got them turned around during a season without big free-agent aquisitions is significant. They went from 15th to 6th in the Western Conference in a 2 month period

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedGold. Show BleedGold's posts

I'd love to see Julien get this award, but what St. Louis did was just too impressive... I think Murray gets it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

.........MURREY ..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[QUOTE]Ols, How is it a credit to the coach that his team did a lame job all season and then woke up in the playoffs? Now I don't know what they look for in a winner, and I suspect there is a lot of arbitrariness, but I'm more certain that CJ should win this than I am that... Chara should win for best defenseman. OK, not really "more" certain, but you know that I mean. Award or no award, here's how I know CJ is she sh1t. When his guys talk, they all appear to be brainwashed. That's gooc coaching. He keeps them in line. They have solidarity, and all have the same 'philosophy', answering in the same way to all questions. That's not media training. That's keeping your boys in line. CJ is the perfect mix of daddy and dictator. He shows class and poise and knows how to keep his boys in line.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]...... SOUNDS LIKE THE COACH OF THE PATRIOTS ..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]BruinsUnite, the people that vote on this disagree with you according to Brick. he says Murray is a shoe-in. I certainly understand your perspective, but St.Louis wasn't supposed to make the playoffs anyway. The fact he got them turned around during a season without big free-agent aquisitions is significant. They went from 15th to 6th in the Western Conference in a 2 month period
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I see. I guess I know my limits and so won't hypothesize any further.

Most of us know a lot about our own fav teams and so little about others, so we make for bad analysts. Those of you who've been lucky enough to be involved with the game on many levels have a responsibility to enlightedn us :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

well give yourself some credit! Julien did get nominated, he obv did an amazing job.

I'm just paraphrasing Andy Brickley.

*i personally think Brick is so smart about hockey, i really wish we could hear more of him. And not on that TERRIBLE show instigators.

he is head over heals better than Jack Edwards and Mike Milbury.

**you know who i had the privelege of being coached by for a season? Chris Nilan. People think he was a goon, but his knowledge of the game was amazing. I wish he would come on sports radio and talk about the bruins because i know he would suprise everyone. He was the asst coach of the Devils for a while and now coaches at CM high school

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The Blues getting in was impressive, but the rest of the west bombing was a help.  Yeah, they were like 21-13 in the last 3 months, but if it wasnt for overtime games and the extra point they dont make it in.  I dont know, I guess a coach taking a team from 13 to 8 and SHOULD have beat the 1 seed if it werent for poor officiating, THEN taking them to #1 and beating everyone else along the way is more impressive to me than a team playing good hockey and passing teams playing bad hockey.

Either way, if Chara and Timmy dont win, its BS.  They have been the best at their positions all year, NOBODY else comes close really, and I hope the voters realize that.  Green scoring 30+ is impressive, but thats not defense.  The goalie with 35 wins and leading the gga and s% all year isnt even something that should be argued.  How thats voted on is beyond me.  Numbers are everything. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]well give yourself some credit! Julien did get nominated, he obv did an amazing job. I'm just paraphrasing Andy Brickley. *i personally think Brick is so smart about hockey, i really wish we could hear more of him. And not on that TERRIBLE show instigators. he is head over heals better than Jack Edwards and Mike Milbury. **you know who i had the privelege of being coached by for a season? Chris Nilan. People think he was a goon, but his knowledge of the game was amazing. I wish he would come on sports radio and talk about the bruins because i know he would suprise everyone. He was the asst coach of the Devils for a while and now coaches at CM high school

I can believe that Chris Nilan was knowledgable about the game. He played RW on the checking line with Guy Carboneau, you don't put a 100% goon on your top checking unit.

Dale Hunter was also a very good hockey player, he centered the 2nd line for the Nords with Michel Goulet on his LW.Good faceoff man , penalty killer also.

But don't blame any Bruins fan for hating these two guys, I remember Nilan cross-checking Rick Middleton square in the mouth, and "Nifty" was a perfect gentleman, never did anything to deserve a cheap shot like that. As for Monsieur Dale Hunter, it was real sad to see a hockey player with such skill always playing like a jerk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]well give yourself some credit! Julien did get nominated, he obv did an amazing job. I'm just paraphrasing Andy Brickley. *i personally think Brick is so smart about hockey, i really wish we could hear more of him. And not on that TERRIBLE show instigators. he is head over heals better than Jack Edwards and Mike Milbury. **you know who i had the privelege of being coached by for a season? Chris Nilan. People think he was a goon, but his knowledge of the game was amazing. I wish he would come on sports radio and talk about the bruins because i know he would suprise everyone. He was the asst coach of the Devils for a while and now coaches at CM high school

The show is pretty lightweight, but I always enjoy listening to Milbury. But yes, he's much more interesting to listen to when he's not on instigators. The weei interviews rock.

Sections
Shortcuts