Julien, you listening?? BENCH WIDEMAN for cruds sake!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Julien, you listening?? BENCH WIDEMAN for cruds sake!!!

What is this coach thinking playing Wideman? I don't care how much they are paying him he s&%ks!!! and is a big reason why this team is struggling defensively. And Fluto, not more of this "well there is no-one better" cr@p. Pair a verteran (Chara, Seidenberg, Stuart or Ference) with a rookie and you still have a better combination than the toxic pair of Wideman and Hunwick (who should either be on wing or benched). Please, GROW A PAIR and do something!!

And scr3w the rest of you if my spelling is bad.. I am p!ssed!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Re: Julien, you listening?? BENCH WIDEMAN for cruds sake!!!

Hey Bridge, I feel your pain! Every time he is out there screwing up, I want to throw something at my TV!! It is mindboggling how much ice he gets and then on top of everything, he gets paired with Honey!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Him and Ryder, their is on ice discipline and responsibilites that they have disregarded and that should be punished.  It is one thing to make a mistake and another thing to make a mistake because you did something half-asssed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

I agree guys.  There were countless glaring f ups from Wideman last night, I especially like that giveaway at the point which led to a breakaway.  I can't count how many times I have seen that. 

Bench this fool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I feel somtimes that watching him is like having someone standing in front of me contunuously poking me in the eye but my hands are tied and I cannot do anything about it. When is this MGT going to wake up?!? This is getting rediculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I agree that give away last night resulting in a breakaway then penalty
    He just needed to keep the puck in
    It was a routine play, totally messed up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodenstick. Show woodenstick's posts

Make him a forward...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Does anyone know why they keep playing Wideman?

But please, don't lump Hunwick in with Wideman.  True, Hunwick had a bad game last night.  But that was not the norm-- he's been pretty thorough for the last month or two.  And he has been improving (until last night).  

Hunwick has great speed and puck handling skills and could be used on the power play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Giveaways by defenseman are often attributable to forwards being out of position.  In response to aggressive forechecking the entire 5 man unit has to work together to move the puck, you cant have forwards standing in the neutral zone like its a waiting room. Maybe Wideman is bad I will have to look closer but Ryder is a forward who clearly floats around avoiding contact, avoiding commitment at either end,waiting for someone else to make a play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Julien, you listening?? BENCH WIDEMAN for cruds sake!!!:
    Giveaways by defenseman are often attributable to forwards being out of position. 

Or..  defensemen who whiff at passes and trip over their own feet, which is even more pathetic AND indicative of Wideman's play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Hunwick was playing better until CJ put him back with Denise.  Hunwick seams to lose all of his confidence when paired with Wideman.  The fact that CJ can't see that is disturbing.  The fact that he doesn't bench Wideman is even more distrubing?  Does he really think he's going to suddenly improve? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Someone said hes the Bruins " Chuck Knoblach".....it certainly seems like it, from the way hes completely forgot how to skate, move the puck, and shoot....he cant hit the net much like knoby couldnt hit the first baseman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Hunwick was playing pretty well before the Olympic break when he was NOT paired with Wideman.  Being out there with Wideman really changes his game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

No, Julie isn't listening...he has his head to far up Ryders' behind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Julien, you listening?? BENCH WIDEMAN for cruds sake!!!:
    Hunwick was playing better until CJ put him back with Denise.  Hunwick seams to lose all of his confidence when paired with Wideman.  The fact that CJ can't see that is disturbing.  The fact that he doesn't bench Wideman is even more distrubing?  Does he really think he's going to suddenly improve? 
    Posted by roydelaney

Amen, correct.  Exactly right as stated by roydelaney.

I just can't figure out why CJ plays Wideman so much.  WHAT is going on?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

I saw Wideman's turnovers as well last night. He was brutal. He is more like the Bruins' version of "Bill Buckner".

Why do they continue putting Ryder on the Powerplay?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Wideman is getting ridiculous.  It's almost as if he's trying so hard not to make a mistake that making one is inevitable.  He knows how bad he has been this year, but it's his job to clear his head and do the best he can do.  It's not an easy thing to put in the back of your mind -- "Wow, I've sucked this year and once I mess up again, the fans will be all over me... again" -- but as a professional who makes millions, he has to be able to do that.  And, CJ needs to send a clear message to Wideman that he doesn't care what the excuse is, simple plays must be made.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruin62. Show bruin62's posts

But on a positive note wideman was able to take a slap shot and hit the net without dropping one of are players lastnight  thats gotta be a big plus!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

That's pretty funny.  I'll have to remember that next time Wideman makes one of his  bonehead plays.  "At leat he didn't injure one of our players..."

Sections
Shortcuts