Jumbo Joe Finally Playing Playoff Hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Jumbo Joe Finally Playing Playoff Hockey

So the Guppies get past the Wings........thanks to........drum roll please.........Joe Thornton?! Pots a goal and assists on the winner. Glad that the guy finally is visible in a big playoff game/series. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Jumbo Joe Finally Playing Playoff Hockey

Sigh...agreed.  I can give him credit when it's due.  I think.  It doesn't happen very often, so I'm not sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

In Response to Jumbo Joe Finally Playing Playoff Hockey:
    So the Guppies get past the Wings........thanks to........drum roll please.........Joe Thornton?! Pots a goal and assists on the winner. Glad that the guy finally is visible in a big playoff game/series. 
    Posted by 4everbruins

Who gives a sh*t? Eff Jumbo Joe. Hasn't been a Bruin in years. Why do we even give a sh*t about this guy? Plenty of more important things to worry about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes, I watched the game last nite. He scored to tie the game and setup the game winner.  He almost setup two other goals that if it weren't for Howard it would have been over sooner.
    I hope for Joe he does well but if they meet the Hawks , I don't see the Sharks advance to the final.
    Hawks are not my favorite team, I don't like how they win their games,  they have about 6 Lapierre's, Carcillo's and Kaleta's on their team.  In the series against Canucks they scored about 5-6 goals with goalie interference.  This is a team that gets under your skin and mine.  
    I hope if the Sharks meet them they beat the Hawks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

I wonder who scored the game winning goal on a one timer off the post past howard???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

Jumbo Joe?? does he really deserve credit come on this guy never really lived up to the potential that he has, with his size and skill should be more dominant player can't raise his game level come playoff time like some of the best players in the world have. When it is all said and done do you think this guy goes into the hall of fame, DOUBTFUL!!!! real players step it up every night in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Jumbo Joe is a hell of a player, and has been for many years. His Bruins days, last days reminded me of Nomar. The organization wanted him gone and the fans were still upset from his lack of scoring in the 04 series v. Habs. Of course, he wouldn't even have played that series in today's NHL. The doctors would not have allowed him to play under his rib, upper body condition. So how bout people accept the fact Joe was a great player for the B's before he was with the Sharks and stop using his "he is not a playoff performer" as an excuse to justify hating him. The B's organization coddled, backed Joe when he was young, and he developed into a premier points player, then they abandoned him and threw him under a bus when he played injured. It's history now, but I think everyone of you would take Thornton on that ice right now over Sturm, healthy or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

except for that guy who loves Marchand, I'm sure he would take Marchand over Joe Thornton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

I was going to start a thread like this. Thornton's line was pretty much invisible in the Colorado series, but they were on fire against the Wings. Joe also almost scored an early goal in the game last night. Rang it off the far post while cutting through the crease. He was hustling, hitting, making plays, backchecking, and shooting the puck. Sometimes it takes a while for elite players to discover what it takes to win in the playoffs. Yzerman spoke to him at the Olympics and told him how long it took for him to discover that it's not all about racking up points. It's about sacrifice. Joe looked like a man on a mission last night, it was great to see. Hope he can keep it up and become the player everyone wants him to be. I've always been a fan regardless, but I've also been disappointed in his playoff showings. Maybe this is the year he gets it figured out.

I agree the Sharks will have a tough time against the Hawks. They are impressive. However, going into the playoffs, it looked like Detroit was the team to beat. Down the stretch they were playing incredible hockey after they got everyone healthy, and they looked like a team that could really do some damage. The Sharks found a way to beat them, so don't count them out against the Hawks. Vancouver looks done, they're in disarray. I believe Chicago will close it out tonight in a rout, lighting up Luongo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

In Response to Re: Jumbo Joe Finally Playing Playoff Hockey:
    Jumbo Joe?? does he really deserve credit come on this guy never really lived up to the potential that he has, with his size and skill should be more dominant player can't raise his game level come playoff time like some of the best players in the world have. When it is all said and done do you think this guy goes into the hall of fame, DOUBTFUL!!!! real players step it up every night in the playoffs.
    Posted by undeafeatedpatsfan

LOL you pink hat hockey fans are a riot. Thornton dominated and tore it up against the Red Wings with points in every game.

Crosby has not scored in 6 games the longest drought of his career, is he not stepping it up? Is Crosby not a real player?

Bottom line come playoff time, in most cases you are only as good as your supporting cast and Sometimes you can play your azz off and still go 0-0-0 in a game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

blue,

I agree, Joe has been a dominant player since he arrived...I still wish he were on the Bruins...I think his big likeable personality hurts him...no one dislikes the guy...if he had Mike Richards mental side he would be the best player in the world...

Joe dominated that series...against a team with more talent...I really hope they knock off Chicago...I like some of the Hawks younger players but Big Buff is annoying and the Canucks have no one that can match him...tell me back in the day he would do that with Marty Brodeur with Scott Stevens around...I mean they had there chance to dance with him in 2 blowout games and failed to do anything but play into their hands...and since we are talking playoffs failures how about Loungo, Sedins and Kesler...has Kelsey even been playing...

Back to Joe...congrats and I hope you land in the final... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Joe is and has always been a competitor, he would Captain my team any time, def wish he was still here.

He had that mean streak when he was here and suspensions to go with it, similar to Luc, he was targeted. He could fight with the best of them too, last year he tried to stir it up with Ana, but Getz would not go with him until the dance was already over and he was the only player worth Joe taking off.

Joe has always made players around him better, but magic is only so much when it comes to the playoffs, if the stiffs can't hit the open net like Nichol last night, Cheechoo of past and yes Glen Murray and Guerin when the chips are down, how can you fault Joe for giving it his all.

The monkey has been on his back and it has probably felt like King Kong, but it has not changed his play at all through his career, his playoff play has been phenomenal it is only now that he is getting true support with an actual 2nd line scoring. Marleau is feeling it a little cooler now as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The smile on Joe's face while going through the line shaking hands with Detroit was priceless. He deserves his happiness he fought hard in that series. San Jose has a shot at the cup for sure. I'll root for him as long as it is not against the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

When the sharks anded Heatley i said the sharks would win the cup at the very least would reach the finals.

how some felt the sharks were that great in the past i certainly do not understand. heatley gives that team a new dimension, the onus is no longer only on jt or pm.

next series will be a real tough one , chicago has all the elements except maybe the biggest one a goalie but i love the groupof forawrd they have.

i think san jose  is more prepared  to take out chicago if chi wins tonight but i could defintely be wrong

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Well, so much for the rout I predicted, Vancouver making it a series now. Could get interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Wow!! only took him 12 years.. San Jose still won't win the Cup..

Sections
Shortcuts