Just a basic NHL question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Just a basic NHL question

In Response to Re: Just a basic NHL question:
    So, what you, two clowns, are saying is that Tallon's actions or lack thereof had no consequence whatsoever to the Blackhawks as a team -- the team that Tallon (not Bowman) built that won the Cup... In that case, I say that giving him a Cup ring is the very least that the Bowmans can do for throwing Tallon under the bus in Chicago, and I don't really consider this a "classy" gesture... You, guys, got a problem with that ?
    Posted by RMiller87

Read my post, I made no comments of any such sort at any time.. I stated repeatedly there are no criteria for who gets a ring.  Pointed out to Dave that him blasting YOU actually, for being ill informed doesnt reflect well if he intern post erronious facts.

Tallon absolutly deserves a ring, and should be on the cup, and should still be the GM of that team, an error cost him to over pay a few players is a small when you consider what he had done for that franchise. Bowman was able to get the team back to being cap compliant I would argue tallon could have made some simliar moves..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

JuiceyTheKidd....if a player is not on the team's roster when the playoffs start all he can get is a wedding ring...

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Re: Just a basic NHL question : Dave, the same could be said of you. Nothing in the CBA states how qualifying offers are to be delivered. Just an exact date and time.. Chicago has previously extended such offers via standard mail in the past, but did not mail them in time to be recieved by all players in this instance.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

CBA: Regarding ANY communication from the team to the player during the off-season:

"service of the required notice shall be effectuated by either facsimile transmission or overnight mail delivery by an established nation-wide delivery service (e.g., FedEx, Overnite, Airborne, etc.). In the event the method of service specified is e-mail, but no e-mail address has been provided, that requirement will be deemed to be waived. In the event the method of service specified is not available (e.g.,
    overnight delivery to a specified address), the next most reasonable and efficient service available shall be utilized, provided such service provides a written verification or other record of delivery (e.g., certified or registered mail or delivery overnight)."

None of these players were in a place where Faxes, FedEx, ect were not available. Next time try looking through the WHOLE CBA, not just googling the Qualifying Offers section.

Per Sports Illustrated, which I have faith knows more about it than you do:

"not only were the Hawks' offers late going out, they went out in the mail, a direct violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which specifies that they must be sent to players and their agents by fax or courier. In not doing so, some offers showed up in the mail after the deadline date, and the NHL Players Association filed a grievance."

Source Here

Now I'd like to see you back up your argument that they sent them out via mail in the past?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Just a basic NHL question : Read my post, I made no comments of any such sort at any time.. I stated repeatedly there are no criteria for who gets a ring.  Pointed out to Dave that him blasting YOU actually, for being ill informed doesnt reflect well if he intern post erronious facts. Tallon absolutly deserves a ring, and should be on the cup, and should still be the GM of that team, an error cost him to over pay a few players is a small when you consider what he had done for that franchise. Bowman was able to get the team back to being cap compliant I would argue tallon could have made some simliar moves. Posted by rolerhoky19

Roler, RMiller was referring to DaveCarr and I as to the clowns and that's OK because i'm only defending some of the hammering that rmiller gave PC on the Horton/Wideman trade.

For RMiller to say that Tallon was deceitfully removed for doing nothing wrong is my point and always has been. Still waiting for the poster who called me a clown to show me proof that Bowman was trying to give Tallon "The Fax King" the boot. Rmiller will not, cannot provide me with anything such proof Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Wait a tic, if I'm one of the clowns, I'm certainly NOT saying that Tallon's actions had no consequence whatsoever on the Blackhawks team, I'm actually saying the exact opposite. I'm saying his actions with the Qualified Offer debacle hurt the team quite a bit.

Tallon screwed up, the NHLPA filed a grievance. If that case actually went to a judge, then all those players could become free agents. To prevent that from happening, he HAD to get them all signed before the hearing, else lose them. The players and agents knew this. Tallon had to overpay ALL of them to keep from having other teams pick Chicago's roster apart with no consequences. That led to the cap problems that led to the rapid dismantling we just saw as much as the Campbel/Huet contracts.

While yes, he built a very good team, he made mistakes that prevented them from being able to keep that core together for very long. If they didn't win this year, they probably wouldn't get a win during this "window"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Just a basic NHL question : Read my post, I made no comments of any such sort at any time.. I stated repeatedly there are no criteria for who gets a ring.  Pointed out to Dave that him blasting YOU actually, for being ill informed doesnt reflect well if he intern post erronious facts. Tallon absolutly deserves a ring, and should be on the cup, and should still be the GM of that team, an error cost him to over pay a few players is a small when you consider what he had done for that franchise. Bowman was able to get the team back to being cap compliant I would argue tallon could have made some simliar moves..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

You weren't one of the clowns in question...

I agree completely with your point of view...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Wait a tic, if I'm one of the clowns, I'm certainly NOT saying that Tallon's actions had no consequence whatsoever on the Blackhawks team, I'm actually saying the exact opposite. I'm saying his actions with the Qualified Offer debacle hurt the team quite a bit. Tallon screwed up, the NHLPA filed a grievance. If that case actually went to a judge, then all those players could become free agents. To prevent that from happening, he HAD to get them all signed before the hearing, else lose them. The players and agents knew this. Tallon had to overpay ALL of them to keep from having other teams pick Chicago's roster apart with no consequences. That led to the cap problems that led to the rapid dismantling we just saw as much as the Campbel/Huet contracts. While yes, he built a very good team, he made mistakes that prevented them from being able to keep that core together for very long. If they didn't win this year, they probably wouldn't get a win during this "window"
    Posted by davecarr

The team that Tallon built won the Cup - PERIOD !!

You need to read your own link because...

The NHLPA grievance was dropped, the NHL is said to have looked into the matter and found no fault and the Hawks lost none fo those players to free agency... 

No harm, No foul on Tallon !

Don't bother me with the petty, little details, Tallon haters...

The guy built a Cup winning team which is more than anyone ever did in Boston since 1972...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Just a basic NHL question : CBA: Regarding ANY communication from the team to the player during the off-season: "service of the required notice shall be effectuated by either facsimile transmission or overnight mail delivery by an established nation-wide delivery service (e.g., FedEx, Overnite, Airborne, etc.). In the event the method of service specified is e-mail, but no e-mail address has been provided, that requirement will be deemed to be waived. In the event the method of service specified is not available (e.g., overnight delivery to a specified address), the next most reasonable and efficient service available shall be utilized, provided such service provides a written verification or other record of delivery (e.g., certified or registered mail or delivery overnight)." None of these players were in a place where Faxes, FedEx, ect were not available. Next time try looking through the WHOLE CBA, not just googling the Qualifying Offers section. Per Sports Illustrated, which I have faith knows more about it than you do: " not only were the Hawks' offers late going out, they went out in the mail, a direct violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which specifies that they must be sent to players and their agents by fax or courier. In not doing so, some offers showed up in the mail after the deadline date, and the NHL Players Association filed a grievance." Source  Here Now I'd like to see you back up your argument that they sent them out via mail in the past?
    Posted by davecarr

that quote is from SI.. not the CBA

If you read your own quote from the CBA you will see is says an established nation wide delivery provider I would say the United States Postal service would qualify as such wouldn't you?

Tallon has insisted he sent them out on time saying he didnt account for the canadian holiday which is why the whole thing is considered a "mix up", you are correct in he does not state he sent them out "standard" mail as I had said but that they have used the same methods in the past.

More recently, there was the foul-up over sending qualifying offers to the team's restricted free agents by mail instead of by fax or courier. The team had followed a similar process in the past but had always got the mailings out early enough that there wasn't a problem. This year, the process went off the rails, and the NHLPA filed a grievance that the offers were delivered late. The team ended up offering contracts that were worth more than they otherwise would have had to pay to players, including rookie of the year nominee Versteeg and defenseman Barker.

I don't disagree the mistake cost the hawks money, and there is a reason he got everyone signed prior to a ruling on the grievence, but I do read most of this as being a procedural mistake, not a violation of league rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm saying his actions with the Qualified Offer debacle hurt the team quite a bit. Tallon screwed up, the NHLPA filed a grievance. If that case actually went to a judge, then all those players could become free agents. To prevent that from happening, he HAD to get them all signed before the hearing, else lose them. The players and agents knew this. Tallon had to overpay ALL of them to keep from having other teams pick Chicago's roster apart with no consequences. That led to the cap problems that led to the rapid dismantling we just saw as much as the Campbel/Huet contracts. Posted by davecarr

^This!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The NHL investigated the matter and found no fault, the NHLPA grievance was dropped and the Hawks lost no players to free agency...

The Hawks might have lost some money, but it was more than made up in their winning a Stanley Cup WITH THE TEAM THAT TALLON BUILT...

However, Tallon was dismissed by the Hawks amongst all the media hubbub...

CLASSLESS !! 

I haven't seen such a media scr*w job since MacNeil was thrown under the bus in 1972...

But "Incompetent" people don't win Stanley Cups, Scotty lovers !

Go cheer for Chicago if you want, but be forewarned...

Stan's old man wasn't ever much of a GM -- just a behind the scenes puppet master, mostly...

Trading away Byfuglien suggests Stan might not going to be much of a GM either...