Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer:
    In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : So you downgrade at center to match your inept wingers on the fourth line? Shawn (healthy scratch) Thornton will not be a factor and in case you missed it Paillie was not qualified showing where he sits on the priority list.  Add Caron and Marchand and we are talking about a decent 4th. 
    Posted by scooter244

I'd love to comment more, but there is no point in attempting to have an intelligent hockey discussion with someone who thinks Patrice Bergeron should play on the fourth line of the Boston Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

Show me a team with a $5M center who is playing 4th line minutes to strengthen that line and I'll suggest that the coach is misusing his talents and needs to be fired . IMO you are weakening the team rather then strengthening it . Your best players need to play with the other high end talent on the team to maximize their abilities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer:
    Show me a team with a $5M center who is playing 4th line minutes to strengthen that line and I'll suggest that the coach is misusing his talents and needs to be fired . IMO you are weakening the team rather then strengthening it . Your best players need to play with the other high end talent on the team to maximize their abilities.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

"Fourth line minutes" are usually limited by necessity not by some formula.  Teams limit the fourth line because they get exposed in certain situations (like a Thornton-Campbell-Paille line will).  If you have the resources use them. 15 minutes  Four lines - use them equally.  Stop labeling them as third or fourth or second.  The fourth line is the one that's not clicking or producing.  Earn your minutes. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : "Fourth line minutes" are usually limited by necessity not by some formula.  Teams limit the fourth line because they get exposed in certain situations (like a Thornton-Campbell-Paille line will).  If you have the resources use them. 15 minutes  Four lines - use them equally.  Stop labeling them as third or fourth or second.  The fourth line is the one that's not clicking or producing.  Earn your minutes. 
    Posted by scooter244

Let this one go.  There is no way Thornton/Paille play as many minutes as Lucic/Horton. 

Here's the formula:  The best guys on the team play the most minutes.  The least skilled players play the least.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : Let this one go.  There is no way Thornton/Paille play as many minutes as Lucic/Horton.  Here's the formula:  The best guys on the team play the most minutes.  The least skilled players play the least.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS this post wasn't intended for you.  You ran out of intelligent comments several post's ago.  I realize that when you resort to name calling and school yard insults you have run out of valuble contributions, and you degrade your comments to match your maturity level.  Go away now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : "Fourth line minutes" are usually limited by necessity not by some formula.  Teams limit the fourth line because they get exposed in certain situations (like a Thornton-Campbell-Paille line will).  If you have the resources use them. 15 minutes  Four lines - use them equally.  Stop labeling them as third or fourth or second.  The fourth line is the one that's not clicking or producing.  Earn your minutes. 
    Posted by scooter244

Your formula makes sense if the B's had the resources or if the players were close to each other in ability. They don't and they are not.. There are players that are better then others on this team as there are with any team in the league . What you are saying is reasonable if you cloned a forward to make 12 of them . Otherwise 12 individuals who play with different abilities , with their ice time divided accordingly. Call the lines whatever you want 1-4 , a,b,c,d  or Curly , Larry , Moe and Shemp but the most ice time will be given to the players who perform the best . That's the way it has been and IMO will always be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : NAS this post wasn't intended for you.  You ran out of intelligent comments several post's ago.  I realize that when you resort to name calling and school yard insults you have run out of valuble contributions, and you degrade your comments to match your maturity level.  Go away now.
    Posted by scooter244

Oops my mistake.  I must have missed that as I fell of the couch laughing at the idea of Bergeron playing on the fourth line for the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The key, of course, is arranging it all so that it coincides.  Many minds can/do not comprehend this; see only the interim bits, which typically play to management's favour.  Of course, this (financial) strategy reveals itself over time.  Hence, the disdain for jj & co.

It is quite doubtful that a team of youngsters would do much more than simply gain "playoff experience" without some big-time players.  Ergo, looking past the season totals...one has to question whether a team of potential can withstand an attack from a team of performers.  Of course, it's not probable that they might repeat a positive series performance more than once/twice, if they are, in fact, successful.

Note: I hate trading insight/opinion for mere sentiment(s).  This is why I don't answer questions from those idiots on LinkeIn who are incapable of doing their own job(s).