Just got back from bruins camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Just got back from bruins camp

seguin looked real good, explosive speed, quick shot looks like the whole package. colbrone looked good also made a highlight goal on a breakaway great fake. knight looked the best from what i seen looks like he got some touch in front of net, good speed . has a chance to make club.sauve looks like another good prospect also. getting back to colbrone he looks good but he may need to take the body more and start to use that hard shot that he has and less of the finness game that i saw today. overall a good day at the camp.it was about 3 hrs very well organized. tyler seguin is bigger in person than i thought when he fills out he should be a real good force only thing the defensemen took him off the puck sometimes and looked like he had a hardtime handleling passes but that is just knitpicking. that was my report on it for people who did not attend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Just got back from bruins camp

In Response to Just got back from bruins camp:
    seguin looked real good, explosive speed, quick shot looks like the whole package. colbrone looked good also made a highlight goal on a breakaway great fake. knight looked the best from what i seen looks like he got some touch in front of net, good speed . has a chance to make club.sauve looks like another good prospect also. getting back to colbrone he looks good but he may need to take the body more and start to use that hard shot that he has and less of the finness game that i saw today. overall a good day at the camp.it was about 3 hrs very well organized. tyler seguin is bigger in person than i thought when he fills out he should be a real good force only thing the defensemen took him off the puck sometimes and looked like he had a hardtime handleling passes but that is just knitpicking. that was my report on it for people who did not attend.
    Posted by stinkman

Very nice stinkman. Much appreciated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

thanks chow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Thanks for the update stinky.
    Always good to get any info. we can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

thanks STINKER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Didn't Stinkman get trading to Florida?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

How was Caron? I heard he looked really good also?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I thought Caron looked like the best forward overall, though Seguin finished pretty spectacularly.  Colbourne started out strong, but didn't fare so well in the scrimmage.  With Caron, Seguin, and Knight on the same line, Colbourne's linemates were a definite step down. Nick Tremblay showed some nice offensive moves out there during the drills, but he needs to bulk up more as he wasn't doing as much during the scrimmages.

Sauve was listed as injured, though he did hit the ice at the end and was taking some shots against one of the goalies who stayed on the ice for him (Hutchinson?).

Cross was noticeably the best D-man, playing with a definite mean streak out there. Warsofsky has great offensive instincts and a booming shot, but at 5'9 was not sturdy defensively. Button was also decent out there.   Alexandrov was mostly invisible out there, though he did make a couple of nice plays on D.

From where I was sitting, I only saw Hutchinson and Courchaine in net.  Hutchinson played solidly, making several impressive saves. Courchaine owned the top of the net, but he was giving goals to low shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

Keep in mind all these kids are playing against a bunch of other kids who may never make the NHL...

Lets wait and see how they fair in some preseason games vs real NHL talent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Thanks for the info!  I think Caron and Seguin will be the two that make the roster on opening. If there is two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

THANKS

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Just got back from bruins camp:
    THANKS Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)
    Posted by TylerSeguin

Are you that other guy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I went Saturday, great to get a hockey fix in July!  Really interesting to see that the players who did well during practice drills (which took up about 2/3 of the 2+ hours of ice time, they made new ice half-way through) weren't necessarily the guys who did well during the scrimmage and vice versa.  Not fair or reasonable to give final judgements after one piddling day of practice in July, but a few observations:

- W Caron seemed ineffective during drills, but then played better during scrimmage, though I have to say he was a little disappointing overall.  Didn't play with the zest or impact I'd hoped to see, but again, it's July. 

- C Seguin was, by far, the best player on the ice yesterday.  In addition to confirming everything we've already heard about him, Seguin made the only big hit during Saturday's scrimmage.  Playing center but flying down the left-side at about the red line, Seguin plowed straight over-and-through some poor jamocque who'd hoped to maybe poke-check the puck off Seguin's stick without actually making contact.  Seguin ain't just some pretty face out there.  And he seems to really enjoy playing the game.

- BC's Tommy Cross was the best D.  By far.  Solid positionally, poised, smart, physically strong (didn't realize he's 6'-3"), good use of his stick, skates well.  His knees looked fine, hopefully those 3 miniscus surgeries are behind him now.

- After Sequin and Cross, Knight, Spooner and Button showed they likely have what it takes to make the B's one day.  Knight can shoot it from anywhere, Spooner's clever in front of the net, both have great hands.  Button was the best of the young D after Cross.

- F Colborne demonstrated leadership with younger players, played a bit Wheeler-like in that he doesn't play up to his size;  doesn't appear to be much of a finisher.

- D Alexandrov showed flashes, but looks like he'll need a couple of years in the AHL.

- D Bartkowski didn't stand out in any way, a project?  D Kampfer is fast, skates well, but looks like he'll need a couple of years in Providence.  D Warsofsky plays smart, moves puck well, but isn't all that fast for a 5'-9" pointman.

- The 3 undrafted invitees:  F Brenner practiced well, but kind of disappeared during the scrimmage.  D Cantin's a good skater and D Donald showed he's more than willing, so I suspect those two are worthy of a further look at training camp.

- Difficult to assess the 4 goalies, other than to say Hutchinson and Courchaine seemed the best of the group.

- Max Sauve is recovering from injury and didn't practice with the group, but came out after the scrimmage to work some one-on-one moves with a coach and one of the goalies.  Great hands in-close, good, quick spins and whirl moves, but hey, what pro can't look good without anyone defending him?

- None of the rest of the players stood out in particular.  We'll see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

thanks to those who reported after going to camp. The comment on Colborne, not using his size as well as expected, is probably the same thing we've all seen from Wheeler, and attributable to the college game[ no fighting/less hitting] vs. the NHL style in juniors, as demonstrated by Caron and Seguin. Based on these observations, and unless Pre-season shows more, expect Colborne to go to Providence to learn NHL style. Too bad Wheeler cannot have same instruction as habits are difficult to change. This "college style" may be a problem for recruiting for college over Juniors. Maybe some changes might be necessary including elimination of the full cage which might help lower high sticking penalties which have grown as heavy protection mitigates control of stick. Love to see some of these composite sticks outlawed.