Kaberle saga not over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Kaberle saga not over

The rumors of Kaberle to Boston will never end if you believe this story.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331099

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Re: Kaberle saga not over

Here's hoping it's enough of a distraction, that the good ship TML, sinks yet once again this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS420. Show BRUINS420's posts

HA HA HA HA!!! Burke goodluck getting anything for him now after saying he wants to test the market! No team will ever give up young players and picks for rental player who wants to test the market and wants out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle saga not over:
    Here's hoping it's enough of a distraction, that the good ship, TML, sinks again this season.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Hahaha, that would be great. I'd love it if the Leafs went 0-82. I just love the look on Ron Wilson's face when the Leafs give up three goals in the final 1:18, including the game winner with 0:02 remaining on the clock, and lose 4-3. Wilson looks like a kid at the ice cream shop whose ice cream just fell off his cone and landed on the sidewalk. There's Ronnyboy standing there holding another empty cone, hardeeharhar!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

There must be more to the Leafs wanting to trade Kaberle than what Burke has been letting on.

I hope the Bruins find out why without Kaberle on their roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I have been following Toronto for a long time," he said. “I didn't believe it much in the beginning, but it seems that the best players don't want to go to this club."

Go ahead with your bad self Kaberle Sr. ! Oh the plot thickens hee hee!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

That article prompted a 1 hour segment on THE FAN 590 this morning entitled "Do You Trust Ron Wilson?"  The host, Andrew Crystal, was stirring up the blue masses by saying he was "concerned" about Kaberle and his father's comments because "where there's smoke, there's fire." 

He recalled the alleged rumour of Wilson apparently not speaking to Marleau for a year during his last season in SJ, that his grating personality grinds down his players and how this season is a make-or-break year for him despite having his buddy as his protective umbrella.  

The ire of several callers made me think of those scenes in classic horror films where the angry villagers, pitchforks and lit torches in hand are marching towards the monster only in this situation, towards the ACC - and the coach of their beloved Leafs!  If anything, this story just confirms what some have thought about Kaberle and the coach since Wilson arrived.  No great shock here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

"I have been following Toronto for a long time," he said. “I didn't believe it much in the beginning, but it seems that the best players don't want to go to this club." Go ahead with your bad self Kaberle Sr. ! Oh the plot thickens hee hee!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yeah, Dog.  Like Burke needs this "aggita" to pile on the task of his club trying to avoid being in the bottom ten of the standings so the Bruins don't harvest another potential blue-chip prospect in next year's draft.  Unless Kaberle displays some stellar form to perhaps remove himself from Wilson's bad books or he's dealt, tune in again for the on-going saga of "The Young and The Leafless."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Well I guess Burke now has a way to convince Kaberle to waive his NTC .... don't fire Wilson, show support for Wilson, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Down Goes Brown goes behind the scenes on Tomas Kaberle Trade Deadline Day:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/08/behind-scenes-on-kaberle-deadline-day.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Down Goes Brown goes behind the scenes on Tomas Kaberle Trade Deadline Day: http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/08/behind-scenes-on-kaberle-deadline-day.html
    Posted by duinne

This is hilarious!  I especially liked this portion of the day: //4:11 p.m. - The various assistant GMs all agree that while the handwriting is lovely and the photo is a nice personal touch, now probably isn't a good time to show Burke the "Thanks for Tyler Seguin" card that just arrived in the mail from Peter Chiarelli.//

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle saga not over : This is hilarious!  I especially liked this portion of the day: // 4:11 p.m. - The various assistant GMs all agree that while the handwriting is lovely and the photo is a nice personal touch, now probably isn't a good time to show Burke the "Thanks for Tyler Seguin" card that just arrived in the mail from Peter Chiarelli.//
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Glad you enjoyed. DGW is hilarious. Definitely worth bookmarking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle saga not over : Yeah, Dog.  Unless Kaberle displays some stellar form to perhaps remove himself from Wilson's bad books or he's dealt, tune in again for the on-going saga of "The Young and The Leafless."
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Nice RHO Nice good to see you back from your hiatus!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"8:49 p.m. - After being put through to voicemail for the fifteenth time in a row, Burke starts to get a sinking feeling that Darryl Sutter now has caller ID."

Ha Ha good stuff Duinne!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Down Goes Brown goes behind the scenes on Tomas Kaberle Trade Deadline Day: http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/08/behind-scenes-on-kaberle-deadline-day.html
    Posted by duinne

I love those guys so, the Leafs miseries warm my heart so - if we get a top 6 draft pick out of this next year I might wet myself with excitement.  Rookie game 2011 just might be a highlight of my life!

And also posted in the record tracker, this article which adds about 4 more coffin nails;
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331099

2011-2012 and the Leafs may become my sentimental favorites.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle saga not over : Nice RHO Nice good to see you back from your hiatus!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thanks, bro.  I was reading the good words of others, like yours, more than posting.  Bring on the season!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I really don't understand the dislike for Kaberle on this board? He would make Wideman look like a "heaping pile" of dung (where now he is just "run of the mill" crap). Kaberle was one of the best players at the Olympics and consistently controls flow of the game w/ his offensive skill. I'm all for grit and toughness, but not every player needs to be that. The Bruins have plenty of that. Brian Campbell/Sergei Gonchar come to mind as similar players and both have Cup rings. Look at who he plays w/ and u will understand why at times he may nit look good in his own end. But by all accounts he is a sound defender as well. If they landed Kaberle and were somehow able to keep Savard, I would call the Bruins instantaneous final 4, w/ very good shot at Cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I really don't understand the dislike for Kaberle on this board? He would make Wideman look like a "heaping pile" of dung (where now he is just "run of the mill" crap). Kaberle was one of the best players at the Olympics and consistently controls flow of the game w/ his offensive skill. I'm all for grit and toughness, but not every player needs to be that. The Bruins have plenty of that. Brian Campbell/Sergei Gonchar come to mind as similar players and both have Cup rings. Look at who he plays w/ and u will understand why at times he may nit look good in his own end. But by all accounts he is a sound defender as well. If they landed Kaberle and were somehow able to keep Savard,  I would call the Bruins instantaneous final 4, w/ very good shot at Cup.
    Posted by brandonboys1

Unless they increase the salary cap by $10 million or so, there's no way the Bruins could add Kaberle and keep Savard.

Kaberle has talent but has played horribly the past couple of years. Whether he's in decline or just disillusioned with Toronto, who knows, but I wouldn't want to risk a standout player and a $4 million cap hit to find out if a change a scenery is what he needs. Five games in the Olympics (in which he scored three points) isn't going to change anyone's mind, and I have to say I have never seen him "consistently control the flow" of a game, ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle saga not over : Unless they increase the salary cap by $10 million or so, there's no way the Bruins could add Kaberle and keep Savard.
    Posted by duinne

There are plenty of ways it could be done.

Here's an example:  Trade Ryder and Toronto's first round pick for Kaberle.

Now, that deal is awful for everyone involved and would never happen in a million years...but it is a way the B's could add Kaberle and keep Savard.

Sections
Shortcuts