KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!!

I believe the Bruins have mishandled Phil Kessel. That is why, I think he wants out of town now. It seems the Bruins mindset has been to get 'Bruins type players' and thats fine , but not all players have the same skillset. Phil brings lightning speed,something the Bruins have had a hard time finding. Now they have him, and they are blowing it by not keeping him. At such a young age he can potentially be a 500 goal scorer for his career- not easy to find ! I think teams need different types of players. Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Yzerman- they were not bangers , but could generate OFFENSE which helps win games.
    Muckers and grinders are needed, but you got to have guys who can FINISH!
    Please KEEP Kessel ! I am not sure why they signed Morris- granted he may be a good offensive type defenseman, but , we could have used Morris' money to sign Phil! Or...trade Sturm or Bergeron, Ryder? Phil is the youngest of all of them..
    I truly believe I for one will suffer seeing the scoreboard and Kessel lighting it up for a different team..for many many years to come!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Re: KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!!

In Response to KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!!:
    [QUOTE]I believe the Bruins have mishandled Phil Kessel. That is why, I think he wants out of town now. It seems the Bruins mindset has been to get 'Bruins type players' and thats fine , but not all players have the same skillset. Phil brings lightning speed,something the Bruins have had a hard time finding. Now they have him, and they are blowing it by not keeping him. At such a young age he can potentially be a 500 goal scorer for his career- not easy to find ! I think teams need different types of players. Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Yzerman- they were not bangers , but could generate OFFENSE which helps win games. Muckers and grinders are needed, but you got to have guys who can FINISH! Please KEEP Kessel ! I am not sure why they signed Morris- granted he may be a good offensive type defenseman, but , we could have used Morris' money to sign Phil! Or...trade Sturm or Bergeron, Ryder? Phil is the youngest of all of them.. I truly believe I for one will suffer seeing the scoreboard and Kessel lighting it up for a different team..for many many years to come!!
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

10 years from now he will have 400 hundred goals

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

And He will only be 30

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

this is such b.s. enough with the ridiculous kessel posts already.c'mon guys get off this keg already it's so stupid!I mean wait til he actually signs a contract or get's traded then let's debate it for as long as anybody wants. but for now let this stuff go!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TobiasHeffernan. Show TobiasHeffernan's posts

In Response to Re: KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!!:
    [QUOTE]this is such b.s. enough with the ridiculous kessel posts already.c'mon guys get off this keg already it's so stupid!I mean wait til he actually signs a contract or get's traded then let's debate it for as long as anybody wants. but for now let this stuff go!
    Posted by crazybsfan04[/QUOTE]

amen..and i for one cant wait til he gets traded. addition by subtraction, he can take his one move toe drag a** somewhere else for the money he wants. Chiarelli and Neely do not like his game its so obvious..bye phil

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

gotta analyze this is in a different way, its not just how many goals the guy has.

First off, I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Kessel straight up, Bergeron is the rare 2 way center that mucks it up in the corners and has finesse (he was our best forward in the playoffs, bar none)

The biggest hole in the Bruins last season was defensive depth....taht has no been addressed with the signing of Morris. They may have over paid a bit, but that was a much more pressing issue than signing a goal scorer when they already have more than enough goal scoring.

9 20 goal scorers without kessel, thats what we're looking at, top 3 lines putting up 20 each, and some more.

Kessel will not have 400 goals in 10 years i dont think. He is a bit predictable and i think that might hurt his production.

Bottom line is losing this guy is not the end of the world, and I would much rather sign both Lucic and Wheeler to longer deals than sign Kessel and lose those guys. You can't keep everyone, and although I would love to keep Kessel, the Bruins have gone about things well this off season.....

oh, and never mention phil kessel in the same sentence as wayne gretzky again....not even in the same ballpark there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the Bruins have mishandled Phil Kessel.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

IF we do lose Kessel, mark my words, fans will be complaining so much so often when the Bruins cannot find a way to score! Its easy now to predict and HOPE that others will step it up, why get rid of a talented proven goal scorer? Makes NO sense at all...Its amazing how many people start saying Bergeron will score this and Sturm that..and add 5 goals to this guy or that guy...come on get real will ya

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan. Show chrisbruinsfan's posts

Morris is old and washed up

I am fine with getting rid of Phil because of the cap space issue but I would still like to have seen that 3 million that we pissed away on Morris in a more useful.

The guy is  washed up.

He is minus 24 over his career. He has had one plus season in the past 5 years.

What is he going to actually do for us?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aldegreg. Show aldegreg's posts

[QUOTE]gotta analyze this is in a different way, its not just how many goals the guy has. First off, I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Kessel straight up, Bergeron is the rare 2 way center that mucks it up in the corners and has finesse (he was our best forward in the playoffs, bar none)
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I would. Unfortunately Bergeron is damaged goods.  He is one major check from being back on the sidelines ... maybe for good.  I hate to say that cause I love his game but thanks to Keith Jones the odds are that he's been cheated out of what was an extremely promising career.

Morris should be ok for the Bs though 3.3M seems a bit high.  Timmy signed for too long and too much. Ryder and Wideman overpaid as well.  If I were Bs GM I'd sign Kessel for a little more than Krejci money and make room for him by trading any of the following three: Ryder, Sturm or Bergeron.  We'd have to get Sturm to waive his no trade but I think he would with some sort of incentive.  In my book Ryder doesnt play a game too different than Kessel and Kessel has a LOT more upside.

Though its too early to annoint Kessel the next Mike Bossy I just think you've got to keep a player with that kind of production. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the Bruins have mishandled Phil Kessel. That is why, I think he wants out of town now. It seems the Bruins mindset has been to get 'Bruins type players' and thats fine , but not all players have the same skillset. Phil brings lightning speed,something the Bruins have had a hard time finding. Now they have him, and they are blowing it by not keeping him. At such a young age he can potentially be a 500 goal scorer for his career- not easy to find ! I think teams need different types of players. Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Yzerman- they were not bangers , but could generate OFFENSE which helps win games. Muckers and grinders are needed, but you got to have guys who can FINISH! Please KEEP Kessel ! I am not sure why they signed Morris- granted he may be a good offensive type defenseman, but , we could have used Morris' money to sign Phil! Or...trade Sturm or Bergeron, Ryder? Phil is the youngest of all of them.. I truly believe I for one will suffer seeing the scoreboard and Kessel lighting it up for a different team..for many many years to come!!

"Mishandled Phil Kessel" - HOW, exactly? By saying he's a special player, we want to keep him, we'll match any offer sheet? Because that's exactly what Chiarelli has said. Check any story written over the past several months. Read the quotes.
    If "The Bruins mindset has been to get 'Bruins type players'" then why did THIS Bruins administration DRAFT Phil Kessel? They didn't inherit the guy. They chose him. You don't think they're well aware of his skill set?

"Now they have him, and they are blowing it by not keeping him." Again, they want to keep him. They are up against the cap, but they can move some pieces to sign him. Unforunately, they have to have a concrete agreement with Kessel's agent before they can do anything, and that has not been forthcoming. It takes two parties to make a deal.

"I am not sure why they signed Morris"? Because he's a healthy workhorse puck-moving defenseman, which is one of the toughest commodities to find in today's NHL? (and the lack of which hurt them quite obviously against Carolina) Did you want to hang on to Ward (who BTW I love dearly), at his age, tendency to get hurt, and cap hit? Or did you want to go into the season with Johnny Boychuk as your sixth defenseman?

"trade Sturm or Bergeron, Ryder?" For the millionth time, MARCO STURM HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE. Patrice Bergeron has a large cap hit and is coming off a career-threatening injury; even if a GM believes he's going to recover completely, do you take that risk? What kind of a return do you get? Same with Ryder; do you risk picking up a guy with a substantial salary who (apparently) only produces for one coach? Do you want to dump these guys for pennies on the dollar to make room for Kessel?   

This isn't fantasy hockey - you're dealing with real GMs, and hanging on to someone like Kessel can (and will) be very difficult. It's not as easy as "trade that guy, and we can sign him!"

As for the Bruins not valuing Kessel, you have been drinking the Kevin Paul Dupont Kool-aid. Read his articles with a critical eye and you will note that the Bruins administration has never said a bad word about Kessel. It's all Dupont, and he's been doing this since the day Kessel was drafted. He doesn't like "soft, non-gritty" players; he sees himself as the keeper of the Sinden flame or some such nonsense.

The reality is that the Bruins may indeed have to succumb to the market and give Kessel up, but they won't do it because they don't like or appreciate him; they'll do it because they have no other choice. Keep in mind too that they have other contracts coming up next summer, including Savard, Lucic, Stuart, Wheeler and Rask. It'll be kind of difficult to hang on to them if they break the bank for Kessel. Chiarelli has a tough job, and I know, apparently unlike some posters here, that I couldn't do it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]gotta analyze this is in a different way, its not just how many goals the guy has. First off, I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Kessel straight up, Bergeron is the rare 2 way center that mucks it up in the corners and has finesse (he was our best forward in the playoffs, bar none) The biggest hole in the Bruins last season was defensive depth....taht has no been addressed with the signing of Morris. They may have over paid a bit, but that was a much more pressing issue than signing a goal scorer when they already have more than enough goal scoring. 9 20 goal scorers without kessel, thats what we're looking at, top 3 lines putting up 20 each, and some more. Kessel will not have 400 goals in 10 years i dont think. He is a bit predictable and i think that might hurt his production. Bottom line is losing this guy is not the end of the world, and I would much rather sign both Lucic and Wheeler to longer deals than sign Kessel and lose those guys. You can't keep everyone, and although I would love to keep Kessel, the Bruins have gone about things well this off season..... oh, and never mention phil kessel in the same sentence as wayne gretzky again....not even in the same ballpark there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]gotta analyze this is in a different way, its not just how many goals the guy has. First off, I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Kessel straight up, Bergeron is the rare 2 way center that mucks it up in the corners and has finesse (he was our best forward in the playoffs, bar none) The biggest hole in the Bruins last season was defensive depth....taht has no been addressed with the signing of Morris. They may have over paid a bit, but that was a much more pressing issue than signing a goal scorer when they already have more than enough goal scoring. 9 20 goal scorers without kessel, thats what we're looking at, top 3 lines putting up 20 each, and some more. Kessel will not have 400 goals in 10 years i dont think. He is a bit predictable and i think that might hurt his production. Bottom line is losing this guy is not the end of the world, and I would much rather sign both Lucic and Wheeler to longer deals than sign Kessel and lose those guys. You can't keep everyone, and although I would love to keep Kessel, the Bruins have gone about things well this off season..... oh, and never mention phil kessel in the same sentence as wayne gretzky again....not even in the same ballpark there

u gotta be kidding me bergie two way player. 8 goals last yr which way is that , minor league way. Julien's little brat who played enormously on point couldn't score. best in the playoffs, man eyeglasses or laser surgery.

who cares if he mucks it up in the corners get that mentalty out , we lost with that mentality for many years , we need skill dumbo, get it skill. Has 37 years of l
    losing in playoffs not shown u this. Just back off

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KEEP PHIL THE THRILL!! : "Mishandled Phil Kessel" - HOW, exactly? By saying he's a special player, we want to keep him, we'll match any offer sheet? Because that's exactly what Chiarelli has said. Check any story written over the past several months. Read the quotes. If "The Bruins mindset has been to get 'Bruins type players'" then why did THIS Bruins administration DRAFT Phil Kessel? They didn't inherit the guy. They chose him. You don't think they're well aware of his skill set? "Now they have him, and they are blowing it by not keeping him." Again, they want to keep him. They are up against the cap, but they can move some pieces to sign him. Unforunately, they have to have a concrete agreement with Kessel's agent before they can do anything, and that
    has not been forthcoming. It takes two parties to make a deal. "I am not sure why they signed Morris"? Because he's a healthy workhorse puck-moving defenseman, which is one of the toughest commodities to find in today's NHL? (and the lack of which hurt them quite obviously against Carolina) Did you want to hang on to Ward (who BTW I love dearly), at his age, tendency to get hurt, and cap hit? Or did you want to go into the season with Johnny Boychuk as your sixth defenseman? "trade Sturm or Bergeron, Ryder?" For the millionth time,  MARCO STURM HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE . Patrice Bergeron has a large cap hit and is coming off a career-threatening injury; even if a GM believes he's going to recover completely, do you take that risk? What kind of a return do you get? Same with Ryder; do you risk picking up a guy with a substantial salary who (apparently) only produces for one coach? Do you want to dump these guys for pennies on the dollar to make room for Kessel?    This isn't fantasy hockey - you're dealing with real GMs, and hanging on to someone like Kessel can (and will) be very difficult. It's not as easy as "trade that guy, and we can sign him!" As for the Bruins not valuing Kessel, you have been drinking the Kevin Paul Dupont Kool-aid. Read his articles with a critical eye and you will note that the Bruins administration has never said a bad word about Kessel. It's all Dupont, and he's been doing this since the day Kessel was drafted. He doesn't like "soft, non-gritty" players; he sees himself as the keeper of the Sinden flame or some such nonsense. The reality is that the Bruins may indeed have to succumb to the market and give Kessel up, but they won't do it because they don't like or appreciate him; they'll do it because they have no other choice. Keep in mind too that they have other contracts coming up next summer, including Savard, Lucic, Stuart, Wheeler and Rask. It'll be kind of difficult to hang on to them if they break the bank for Kessel. Chiarelli has a tough job, and I know, apparently unlike some posters here, that I couldn't do it.   
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

ok, so pc says some nice words about kess and that makes all his incompetent moves ok.
    Listen bud, if  i am kess i would feel very mishandled with this cap bs,, that they will use as an excuse when we realize we just lost an incredible talent.
    Pc should have planned last yr for this yr the way he is planning for next yr.

1)ryder or kess- ask ur gm friends Kess hands down , so they should not have signed ryder.
    2) gave way too much to Thomas , no one will give him that , aven with his vezina
    3) y the heck u sign morris at over 3m
    4) should have signed kess before krejci. kess much more talented then krjeci
    but krejci maybe a nicer guy, a prerequisite to winning cup
    5) what's with signing rechhi , only because he said he would love ro finnish his career here, are we that desperate. the guy is done

we have defintely mishandled one of the best young skilled forwards ever to come
    out of this pathetic organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Kess will look good in the blue and white. or maybe we can call them the big bad blue.

he will be loved in toronto something boston never did, boston bozos

Don't mess with kess

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

if the B,s could they would trade Ryder in a heartbeat or at least should.....would any GM in the league who had Ryder trade him straight up for Kessell....ALL BUT ONE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

Duinne, your points are spot on but you're trying to rationalize with meatheads. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from costas_v. Show costas_v's posts

Why why why??? Why is everyone always writing posts and sounding desperate about keeping kessel? I'm not saying I don't like the kid, but not for that money and I'll tell you why.  Show me more than one or two occasions where he created his own play? his own offence? Listen my favorite players of all time are the small speedy type, Theoren Fleury, Pavel Bure and so on so I'm not here saying I don't like Kessel cuz he is not a "typical"  Bruin.  I'm saying I do like Kessel, but he is lacking in areas that I just don't think he will Develop over time.  His defensive game did pick up, I'm actually talking about his offence.  I don't see him ever having great vision, and ever being able to really create offence on his own. That is what makes players great.  How many times have we seen him fly down the wing and have a wide open man on the other wing and he doesn't even see him, he just does his self pass off the boards try to skate around the defender, the defender puts a pinky on him and knocks him off stride... seriously he really really lacks vision on the ice, he has tunnel vision, its like he thinks of what he is going to do before knowing the situation and can't adjust.  What makes a player great is when they can react on a split second decision. Kessel doesn't have that and never will.  Again I don't hate the kid, I like him, and I am not discounting his talent, but I don't think his talent makes up for his flaws. And please no replys to me about GOALS GOAlS GOALS.... I hate those replys, yes he scores goals, but we have a whole team who can score! and lets not forget Bergeron was a 25-30 goals guy before his injuries and I expect him to be back this year.  To everyone saying "Kessel is a potential 50 goal scorer"... Lets see how he does without Savard.... not only that, if you look at the names of the 50 goal scorers in the league its a joke to even mention kessel's name with all those guys... Kessel is not GREAT, he has had great moments, and thats all his career will be... So for the money I say NO... trade him and let him get his 4-5 mil elsewhere and then when you see what he does, everyone will realize he isn't worth that much.  Again I like him, don't think I hate him, and i would like to see him back in a B's uniform, but he is definatly over valuing himself and so are a lot of u

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Duinne, your points are spot on but you're trying to rationalize with meatheads. 
    Posted by intrinsecus[/QUOTE]

LOL - too true. Illiterate meatheads at that. And thanks.

Matt Kalman at The Bruins Blog put it best today, I think: "The Bruins value Phil Kessel, but not as much as he values himself."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

To all the blind mice who just don't get it..The BRUINS did NOT make signing Phil Kessel a Cap priority- that is how they MISHANDLED the situation. Signing old players like Morris and Recchi, not trading other players such as Ference and or Cobasaw, that is how they chose to do business- and this is a business..

PC is NOT a good GM- period..He is a reactor , never PRO active. He has now put himself in a corner, will get less for Kessel than his true value, and will simply use the Cap as his excuse why Phil was not signed, all BULL !!

ITs CHiarellis doing, and I hope his UNdoing!! OVerrated GM !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This thread is a reminder of why you must always keep Nietzsche in mind while visiting forums: "Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

the only meatheads are the bruins mgmt and this is a real compliment for them
    when we want something done we get it done. You will see the void next yr this has created. We are now the joke organization of the league.

this team will never ever win the big one. Can we get rid of Julien and bring in bill belischek , now there is someone with some real brains.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1673594. Show user_1673594's posts

[QUOTE]4) should have signed kess before krejci. kess much more talented then krjeci but krejci maybe a nicer guy, a prerequisite to winning cup
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

I'm betting you've never actually laced up skates and played the game, at least not at a semi-competitive level, where you had to answer to a coach for your performance in all aspects of the game.  Goal scoring isn't the entire game.

I like Kessel.  A lot.  I wish there was a way to keep him around, and I don't disagree that they could have played some of the $ stuff smarter (Morris in particular troubles me).  Kessel is a better goal scorer that Krejci, and I also don't think that he is as bad defensively as some people want to make him out.  But Krejci is a better all around hockey player.  He's close in terms of being a goal scorer, he is a MUCH better guy at seeing the ice and making passes (whether they are set-ups for assists or breaking out of the defensive zone), he's a comfortably better defender, he supports better offensively and defensively.  And that's taking nothing away from Kessel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Krejci. is a good all around player but he is no MESSIER, and i probably , i mean probabaly played hire caliber then u .but that is besides the point. I am not critcizing Krejci, He had a ggods eason and his a smart player but make no miistake , he soes not come close to having Kess's talent . kess has better vision and u will see this, Kess has better hands and that is proven, Kess is much faster and phenomenal accuracy. this is why Kess was a high number one and krejci was not,

i like krejci a lot, and i always said that he is needed as well as kess and Lucic for the future and quest of winning cup. however i can seeur a big krejci fan but objectively one might say they should have handled kess first.

kess was completely mishandled not only because they signed krejci first but all of the other mistakes they made.

krejci and bergie will get a lot of ice time  next yr and they still will not produce anywhere close to Kess. Kess can do much better and he does not need to be overplayed to rack in the points.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]To all the blind mice who just don't get it..The BRUINS did NOT make signing Phil Kessel a Cap priority- that is how they MISHANDLED the situation. Signing old players like Morris and Recchi, not trading other players such as Ference and or Cobasaw, that is how they chose to do business- and this is a business.. PC is NOT a good GM- period..He is a reactor , never PRO active. He has now put himself in a corner, will get less for Kessel than his true value, and will simply use the Cap as his excuse why Phil was not signed, all BULL !! ITs CHiarellis doing, and I hope his UNdoing!! OVerrated GM !!
    They made signing Kess a priority, but that was shot down the second Kess asked for too much money. The B's dont value him at the amount he wants. And the only reason other teams value him that high, is because they are desperate. If you still have cap space of between 4-5 million, what does that tell you. Sounds to me that these teams dont have sqwaut for talent, such as Toronto. They'll take anything and over pay for it, just to get it, which happens quite a bit, but again, without Savard there to dish the puck to Kess and his lack of creativity, he's gonna struggle. I can see him scoring 20 goals for the leafs, but he's not gonna come close to what he scored last year.....BUT he could get more if he has the players around him....Still my guess is he'll score in the 20's