Keep the Picks..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Keep the Picks..

This team has several needs,, not just scoring.  With such a deep draft and four defensive prospects so closely ranked we need to keep all our first round picks.  I would love to have Kovalchuk, but if we are just going to rent him then whats the point.  I understand if we can include Wideman and Ryder we are freeing up lots of cap at the end of the season (and that might be great) but I still worry about moving Wheeler or Colborne.  Lets hold those picks and hope for a Colorado type draft...Give me a Duchane + O'Riely....Give me a Seguin + Grubenson 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Re: Keep the Picks..

I agree. Hopefully they will clear out some older players after this year
    Recchi,Ference,Satan,Thornton, Begin and start using some younger guys
    Sobotka,Bitz,Marchand,Caron,Hamill (I hope) and Alexandrov next year
    Add two more first rounder's plus 3 second rounders to the mix and we will be all set for the future and stil have a solid team next year...just no cup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from connor20. Show connor20's posts

me to. i wonder if the expections were to much for this team? yes we did lose kessel and his 36 goals but we still have good players on this team. they just have not performed like last year. i say if its possible, make a trade or two that will help for next year or maybe the rest of this one and use the picks to make us better. dont trade picks and players away and put us behind for more years. i cant deal with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

agreed, even if they do not get the #1 pick by lottery, they have enough picks to get #1 by trade.

5 picks in the top 50, the B's should own this draft and get whoever they want in it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Pitts
    Don't forget Staal 2nd pick in 2006.
    Some bad to get all those picks, I don't want to wait until 2016 to get the cup, 6 years after Fleury 4 years of futility before even making playoffs. So we tank the next 4 years to get those kind of players, but they don't come along every year.
    To get a Malkin Crosby back to back is unheard of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

this years top three have been given immediate impact designation tags. that means nothing right now but I would rather take my chances with the picks. as a matter of fact, I would even trade a second this year and Toronto's first next year to move up into the top ten this year and get three of the top ten. two forwards and a defenseman and we are off to a good start for next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

The nice thing is, we have a solid core signed for a few seasons... we don't need those picks to be all we have for a couple miserable season before waking up. We have our goalie.. hopefully.. in Rask, we have Savard for his career, Krejci locked up and hopefully we can keep Bergeron around unless one of these picks is a better center, then debate sending Krejci out and keeping Bergeron.
    Its painful to mail it in, but with the draft picks we have coming, and the guys we have under contract.. the future is much brighter than the present.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Don't mortgage the future for a gun-for-hire (albeit a phenomenal one) over the short haul!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

I agreed with every post made above. If we were playing like last year and burning up the league I'd still want to hold onto the top picks . Build a better team through the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Build through the draft - no rentals!

Check out the Capitals:

Boyd Gordon - 2002: 1st Rnd, 17th by WAS
    Alexander Semin - 2002: 1st Rnd, 13th by WAS
    Eric Fehr - 2003: 1st Rnd, 18th by WAS
    Alex Ovechkin - 2004: 1st Rnd, 1st by WAS
    Jeff Schultz - 2004: 1st Rnd, 27th by WAS
    Mike Green - 2004: 1st Rnd, 29th by WAS
    Nicklas Backstrom - 2006: 1st Rnd, 4th by WAS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Some people are just negative - can't help themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Hey Rockett7, - - just go find a new team rather than blow a gasket here...  plus none of us want to read your crap - it's inane.   Look up the definition of "inane"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bruins6  Alexandrov is still in the KHL and didn't want to sign a deal with the B's last summer.  He's a bust.

If the B's don't show some life here in the next couple of games, I think we're sellers at the deadline.  This teams downward spiral started way back in January of last season.  And game 7 with Carolina was a shadow of things to come.  We had the momentum in that game, we looked like we had started to tilt the ice, then they scored.. because we couldn't..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

what's going on?  a sensible post?
    what? 
    only one negative post in all caps bold?

and everyone else being sensible?

the losing streak isn't over yet people.  we are still in panic mode.  it is still time to rant like a raving lunatic.

time for more posts like: lucic, rask, bergeron, ryder, wideman and hamill and toronto's picks for Kovaluck.  cap space??  ha! the cap is like santa claus and the easter bunny, if you believe it really exists you're a fool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Great - the #1 negative guy woke up from his afternoon nap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bruins-Fan-In-MD, Everbody wants to be in the band with the best frontman.  Look at those rediculous contracts.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WAS

Alot of those guys are worth 3x that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am glad that people are waking up and smelling the coffee.  No matter if this team makes the playoffs or not, the future is set due to the draft picks.  PC is better at his job and by the time these picks mature the bad contracts will be over.

PC does learn, he isn't repeating the same mistakes.  Do not forget that after MOC sent Thornton to SJ, he then traded Samsonov for MARTY REASONER????  That bad trade goes forgotten in the shadow of the Thornton thing.  MOC didn't learn or change, he just kept doing the same thing.

PC learned and is not making the same mistakes.  All the pressure is on PC to make a move.  It is very easy to make a move for the sake of it that will do nothing to benefit the team - but will shut up all the cry baby fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

bim09 - Definitely.  I guess this better be their year as sustaining this group is going to be tough.  Wonder what they will pay for Backstrom to stay and for Semin to stay past next season. 

I do not want to see the Bruins management panic and make bad deals just to make a deal.

I would like to see them keep the draft picks from Toronto and see what happens.

I do know I am sick and tired of seeing them play poorly.  Agree with me or not, it seems like Recchi is the only one who tries every game.  Chara is doing his best considering his injury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

BadHabitude - nice post.  People like to complain, but a quick fix is not out there.  The Caps had several lean years - I remember going to games with less than 10,000 fans.  But, look at them now.  They built with the draft and a few trades.  Wish the Bruins had signed Knuble.  He still has some good life left.  He stays in front of the net and takes the punishment. 

I love the Bruins - always have.  Owners are owners - they are what they are. 

I hear the Bruins are actively trying to get rid of Ryder - dump his salary and move on.  We are not going anywhere this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, Ryder is on the block. 
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308780

JJ owns the vending machine, that's it.  He's out of the salary picture with the cap that he orchestrated on the whole league.  He's also 70, I'm 50, so I hope he wins the race to the eternal dirt nap so we'll be free of him, the son Chuckie has no stomach, he's a sniveling little weasel.

Times will be tough, this season and next will show upside.  Then lots of upside.  The name of the game now is young players with low salaries, lowest salaries plus best players wins.  And then that team will decline (see Canes, Ducks). 

Our number is coming up.

I'm going to feel good about it because I'll be able to say I was here when times were tough and I watched them get better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Wheeler would get interest from teams...he's on pace to score over 20 goals with size and speed.  I certinly wish he was putting in 30+ and playing consistantly but the reality is he is a 2nd year player with only two years of pro experience.  People need to relax a little with him...in fact compare him to any other Bruins first two seasons.  I'm not a huge fan of Wheeler but I definatly think he will be potting 30+ repeatedly through out a long carer.