Kessel & The SO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

Kessel & The SO

I am one who fully believed Kessel was not worth the money he recieved in Toronto. I have no problems with what the B's got in return, however.. I would love to see him in shootouts, how many have the B's lost because we just dont have that type of player. Kessel was deadly in the shootout.

I do question why on earth Z was one of the shootout players last night, I want to win the game not punish a player (Krejci)SP)) It took Julien a while last year before he started using Kessel in shootouts and I wondered what that was about as well. Just a thought from a Bruin fan in TN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: Kessel & The SO

Kessel was AWFUL in the shootout last season, one of the worst on the team... it was 2 or 3 years ago when he was deadly on the shootout.. I think Axe scored more shootout goals last season than Kessel. Nobody else has worked on the shootout this season, so I don't blame him for trying.. he was 2 for 5 going into last night.. not too bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Simply put, shoot outs are for the fans who want a climax to the end of the game.  The truth is the shoot out is a one on one that makes a mockery of hockey and team sports.  At this point if a team wins a playoff birth by being able to have a one on one player who scores in a shootout then all teams should get those players and play to tie/overtime games only to gain points in a shootout.  Now that is real excitement!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

\Wish CJ would try some new shoot-outers: 

Sobotka

Hunwick

Marchand

Begin

Or Krejci-- he was tried a few times last year and not so good.  BUT-- he can work on it.  Practice, learn new moves..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

the shootout is BS, imagine if they brought that garbage to the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Wheeler is better than Kessel in the shootout anyway, he has caught a bit of bad luck this season though undressing goalies and then hitting the post, stuff like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yeah. One of Kessel's primary strengths is that he takes goalies off guard. In a shootout you know he's coming!

Sections
Shortcuts