Kessel another stellar effort.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Kessel another stellar effort.

Kessel was a minus 2 tonight and no points i rest my case Marco.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Kessel another stellar effort.

From a blogger in Toronto.  Not dissing Kessel but this is only the beginning ...

Just tuned in AM 640, the Leafs' station for a bit of their post game show, to hear the host ask listeners to call in with these other topics in mind: "What's wrong with Phil Kessel? Has he hit a wall already? Is he tired? Does he now need a true centre?" Yes folks, that's the self-proclaimed center of the "hockey universe" talking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

OMG 3 GAMES WITHOUT A POINT!!! when that was written!

90% of this Bruins team has had that kind of streak this season. Give me a break.

This Bruins team is the poster child for under achieving

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And yet the Bruins are currently in the playoffs, while Toronto is not. Troll another team's forum please.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Nobody's "currently in the playoffs." It's December 23rd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rattlehead,  like I said I'm not dissing Kessel, I was just trying to point out how the media in Toronto are already on is case.  Exactly,  give me a break !
    BTW it's 4-5 games without a goal for Kessel and correct on the Bruins as Ryder has 3 goals in his last 15 games, YIKES.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My wife just got a new kitten - what to name the new kitten???

The kitten is very quick!  The kitten is very soft!

How about Kessel??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha LMAO slam dunk on your new kittens name! oh me oh my!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Good to see Kessel doing so good, he may come to wonder if he wants to play in Toronto if he goes on a prolonged slump.I love to listen to the morons from Toronto talk shows and media to hear some of the most asinine statments ever heard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

it doesn't matter, his team doesn't do well, hes not on our team, let it go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

anyway tonight ,thomas seems to be a morron more than kessel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Let's see Kessels stats tonight....

3 Shots +/- -2 TOI 20:07 with ZERO GOALS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

" anyway tonight ,thomas seems to be a morron more than kessel. "

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Thomas and the Bruins win tonight?  And how did Kessel and the Leafs do?

I could care less what the GAA is as long as the Bruins get the 2 pts.  At the end of the year the 3 division winners and the next 5 teams with the most points make the playoffs.
    Team can have a great GAA but it's points that count at the end.

If Toronto is happy that Kessel is a -2 on the night and that they lost over Thomas giving up 4 goals but winning (2pts) that's great!!  Hall will look great on Savard's wing next year with that thinking.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Way too much pressure on Kessel in TO but he had to know that. Leave the guy alone ffs hes human..As far as playoffs go, its dec 24th now and no one has an x or y..For those who are wishing for a top 5 pick from Torontos draft pick, think again, right now theres 8 teams vying for a top 5,,Maybe the Bs need to deal it before  its considered worth is nothing..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

You guys are idiots,.....you sit and wait until the guy doesnt score in a few games and you pounce....lets look at something here:

The Bruins top scorer is Bergeron....in 35 games he has 9 goals and 18 assists for 27 points.

Kessel has 13 goals and 8 assists for 21 points in 26 games.
    hmmm 6 less points in 9 games.....yeah...he stinks.
    And here we go with the "he isnt tough enough, he doesnt fight, he doesnt check...blah blah" No, you are right...all he does is score...which the Bruins dont do.
    I remember some hack named Gretzky not fighting or checking either...or that hack Lemieux....or remember Jagr....the knock on him was he wasnt physical either........wake up people...elite scorers RARELY play physical, and their coaches dont want them to so they stay on the ice. You guys are such sour grapes its sad.  Anyone care to bet that Kessel finishes with more points than anyone on the Bruins?
    I am a lifelong Bruins fan, but you guys need to stop hating every player that leaves the team because the owners care more about selling hot dogs. its pretty childish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Stop talking about other teams players, please.......  he didn't like Boston and we were too close to the cap to afford him. He is a spoiled brat, see you later, good riddance and lets move on.

The B's are setting up for a big move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

bluechip you're right that some of the goals on Thomas were so so but he did redeem himself with some great saves at important stages of the game.
    Kessel is in a little slump ,  the Ilses have played the Leafs I think 4 times this month and this time around they made sure to keep him in check (as the Bruins did when they played the Leafs).
    The longer the season goes the more defensive coverage on Kessel will be. 
    It doesn't mean he won't score at least 30 goals and who's to say the Leafs don't make a trade for a quality center.
    All this being said Kessel is a one dimensional player that can score goals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4orrever. Show 4orrever's posts

sllicksteve38, I agree with your thoughts to a point. But you are only comparing points to points. I would rather have a line of Bergeron's than a line of Kessel's any day. I don't think Bergy will ever put up the numbers Kessel will, But the game is more than that. Bergy will go in the corners. A year off with injury showed us that. And he still goes into corners. Bergy is a better faceoff man. He on on the PK and PP, as well as a regular 5 on 5 shift.

Kessel on the other hand has a regular shift and PP. He floats around waiting for the puck rather than work for it. Don't get me wrong, Kessel will tear up the league. But I think Kessel is for Kessel and Bergeron is for the team.

As for Kessel and the Leafs, good luck to all of them. Kessel will not fix their problems, but he will help.

I bleed black and gold, buy Kessel is gone. Lets move on and cheer for what we have rather than dump on what we had.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from InVain5. Show InVain5's posts

slicksteve is 100% correct. The rest of these bafoons are just bitter bruins apologists who will say anything to justify this boneheaded trade.

Sections
Shortcuts