Kessel Closure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

Kessel Closure?

As a bruins fan, I am okay with this trade but don't LOVE it. I agree that PC may have had his hands tied a bit on this deal.  However, i feel that the leafs overpaid PK based on a very small sample set. That being said, what possible trade scenarios, if any, do any of you see concerning these extra draft picks? Do you see the bruins possibly dumping salary (ryder, ference, sturm, kobesew, bergeron, etc.) along with a first or second round pick in order to grab an impact player?

any thoughts?

Nonetheless, i am happy that this kessel saga is over and we can all focus on the well-equiped team we currently have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: Kessel Closure?

This trade works for me. It has been said that the best way to build a winner is through the draft. We have four first round picks in two years and we aren't even rebuilding. PC has put us in a great position to win a championship NOW by freeing up cap space so when the trade deadline comes up we have leverage to make that one big trade to put us over the top. At that time we will know exactly what this team needs to finish the job. All you neigh sayers will eat your words when the dust settles. I'l see you LawLaw at the parade in June. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Enter Zack Hammil

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel Closure?:
    Enter Zack Hammil
    Posted by crono420

ZACH HAMILL (correct spelling) will be on the ice this aftn 4 pm at NYR.  If you get MSG channel you will be able to watch.  He was sure impressive in game one also vs NYR, centering Sturm and Wheels.  He's quick and not shy to jump in, and he got that goal on a beautiful feed from Sturm.  Easy goal, BUT he was in the right place at the right time for it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I hear Hamill was better than Patrick Kane in juniors, The Bruins have some great young talent. Also 4 first round picks in the next 2 year is going to make us a powerhouse. Just keep Mark Savard to play with all of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guys, Kessel is gone...I personally don't believe he is gonna shine there...he has NO ONE to play with...Savard is one if not the best set up guys in the league...Kessel has speed, a good shot and can put the puck in the net...but not on a team that has no set up guys...Kessel can not be the top dog...other teams top lines will shut him down with ease as he has no heart.  IMO I think he is gonna be a bust...the earliest he comes back is late November so he wasnt going to help us anyway...but unless the Leafs add a play maker he is outta luck...I can see the Leafs signing Savard though at seasons end...they have lots of room under the cap.  they likely could land Kovalchuk and Savard...then the Leafs would be looking good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Savard is going nowhere

Sections
Shortcuts