Kessel debut tonight against Tampa.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Kessel debut tonight against Tampa.......

Confirmed this morning after the Toronto morning practice. The microscope is about to get intense for Mr.Kessel......

The headlines (Front page!) in the Toronto Star hardcopy paper were bascially "Kessel to the rescue?"

Here's the online version......

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/720393--leafs-live-kessel-on-the-ice-tonight-against-tampa?bn=1

PS /> In the hardcopy version he was quoted as saying "There's not much difference between Matt Stajan and Marc Savard!!" and that he's basically played with alot of other great players......not sure if that was an intentional slam, but didn't come across very well.

Anyways, if it's the lime light he was after, he's about to experience it BIG TIME!

Good luck Phil.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Kessel debut tonight against Tampa.......

I hope that Kessel returns to form and gives the fans something to cheer about... and that he doesn't help improve the Maple Leafs' record one bit.  ;-)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I cannot beleive all the hype the Toronto press is giving Kessel and if you read the comments people are acting like he's their saviour. (tsn.ca)

Anyway, can't wait until Dec 10th! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from littlejack. Show littlejack's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel debut tonight against Tampa.......:
    [QUOTE]Let's all wish Phil well and hopefully the leafs will pass us in standings and make the playoffs! Are you off your rocker?!?!?!?! I hope kessel is relegated to the third line and gets 10-15 goals every year!  Rotten little trator!!!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

imafan you make no sence... You often say how dysfunctional and mismanaged the Bruins are and I tend to agree with that sentiment... So why do you blame Kessel for wanting to get out of town then? Wouldn't you want to do the same?

Do you think Ray Bourque is a traitor for finally begging out of town just for a shot to actually win something? I dont. I dont blame Kessel either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Kessel is gone.. get over it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel is gone.. get over it.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

Wow you really added a lot here.

The Bruins are not a Stanley Cup contender. Get over it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

i love how Kessel will always be weighed as a #1 pick. He may not have been selected #1 but the Leafs gave two first round picks - potentially the first overall pick next year to the bruins. I mean the guy is gonna take a lot of heat if hes not producing 40+ goals every season. Thats really tough to do especially on a team like the Leafs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Kessel is getting the attention he wants. Its all about Phil

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Why cant we get scorers like that?? ohh.....ooops....
    I love how everyone calls him a traitor....so I guess every quality player the Bruins traded over the years was one too......stupid Ray Bourque......get over it people....the Bruins wont win as long as they trade their best players away.  So much for everyone thinking Krecji will take over that role.....get ready..when Kessel scores 40 this year in limited games, people will start the same mantra "he didnt play defense....he didnt sacrifice his body, etc"......neither did Gretzsky, Mario, Jagr, etc.  Not every forward in hockey is Cam Neely folks.....great scorers rarely mix it up physically....and when they do, they dont last a long time in the league (see Lindros).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

No michael.....its all about him scoring.  I bet he finishes the season with more goals than anyone on the Bruins....and in less games too......I dont blame him for what he did...you would do the same if you were an elite scorer...he knew that this cheap ownership wouldnt pay him so he forced their hand....sounds pretty smart to me too, I would leave this sorry team if I had those skills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

[QUOTE]Why cant we get scorers like that?? ohh.....ooops.... I love how everyone calls him a traitor....so I guess every quality player the Bruins traded over the years was one too......stupid Ray Bourque......get over it people....the Bruins wont win as long as they trade their best players away.  So much for everyone thinking Krecji will take over that role.....get ready..when Kessel scores 40 this year in limited games, people will start the same mantra "he didnt play defense....he didnt sacrifice his body, etc"......neither did Gretzsky, Mario, Jagr, etc.  Not every forward in hockey is Cam Neely folks.....great scorers rarely mix it up physically....and when they do, they dont last a long time in the league (see Lindros).
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

It is only the sheep and the pom pom waving kool aid crowd that think like that. Anyone with half a brain knows hockey is a buisness and that players dont think like the homers do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]Why cant we get scorers like that?? ohh.....ooops.... I love how everyone calls him a traitor....so I guess every quality player the Bruins traded over the years was one too......stupid Ray Bourque......get over it people....the Bruins wont win as long as they trade their best players away.  So much for everyone thinking Krecji will take over that role.....get ready..when Kessel scores 40 this year in limited games, people will start the same mantra "he didnt play defense....he didnt sacrifice his body, etc"......neither did Gretzsky, Mario, Jagr, etc.  Not every forward in hockey is Cam Neely folks.....great scorers rarely mix it up physically....and when they do, they dont last a long time in the league (see Lindros).
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

Wrong. 
    Dead Wrong.

Nobody here is expecting a team full of Cam Neely clones but anyone that plays like the list below would be fine too. 

Mario was a complete player and played physical. Only cry baby Gretzky (note the correct spelling) was not and without Messier his stats were far from "great".  Let's create a list of goal scoring/complete players, shall we? 
    Johnny Bucyk, Bobby Hull, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Guy LaFleur, Mike Bossy, Phil Esposito, Teemu Selanne, Alex Ovechkin. Should I go on? Oh yeah, one more Gordie Frickin' Howe! Even Sidney Crosby is more physical than Phil Kessel and as much as I can't stand Sid I've got to give him props for playing the game. 

Look at that list will ya? All greats, wouldn't you agree? Goal scoring, physical play, longevity for the bulk of the list. I would add Bobby Orr to the list but he lacked longevity due to players deliberately trying to maim him. Plus, he wasn't a forward and I wanted to keep the list simple. AND you really shouldn't say Kessel and Orr in the same sentence anyway unless you're talking Colton Orr. Then it's OK. Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel is getting the attention he wants. Its all about Phil
    Posted by michaelf101[/QUOTE]

My bet is, he'll regret it. Toronto has a history to ruining good players.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kessel just got rocked !  Big hit and into the dressing room he went.  I think he'll be okay shooken up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mattias Ohlund with a monster hit but Phil came right back to the bench!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel debut tonight against Tampa....... : My bet is, he'll regret it. Toronto has a history to ruining good players.....
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

And what is Bostons reputation? LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

[QUOTE]Let's all wish Phil well and hopefully the leafs will pass us in standings and make the playoffs! Are you off your rocker?!?!?!?! I hope kessel is relegated to the third line and gets 10-15 goals every year!  Rotten little trator!!!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

yikes...i hope he does indeed become the 50 goal man.  i do hope the Laffs are a lottery team and give the Bs a chance at #1 overall but the venom towards kessell is ridiculous.  the front office tried to move him 4 times...i don't think that makes him a traitor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kessel has 7 shots total through 2 periods, +/- -1 was on the ice for Lecavalier's goal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

9 shots but also Kessel was on the ice every 2nd shift
    I think he played 56minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I watched the last period of the Leafs game...Kess looked pretty good!! He will do fine in T.O. if the media attention doesn't get to him.  I don't blame him for getting outta Boston...its a business and money talks. "EVERY" poster on here would leave their current job for that kind of pay increase...I don't know the correct numbers but it was in the area of 600%!!!!!  See-ya!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Kessel definitely looked good, he looked like exactly what the bruins need...gotta find a way to fill his spot on the Lucic/Savard/ex-Kessel line and fast, dunno what to say about this team right now, they cant score period...will it be any better when the 2/3rds of the team I have read some people say are out come back?!!  Man I loved that first line last year made them so deep up front, I dont really understand yet why the whole thing was f'ed with, add a puck moving defensemen and get Hunwick back and we woulda have been right there.  Hopefully it's still just early and our guys need time to gel but right now this team is booooring to watch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel debut tonight against Tampa....... : And what is Bostons reputation? LOL
    Posted by gcolez[/QUOTE]

No comparison when it comes to ruining players. Boston players don't get the pressure to the same extent the Leafs players do (Media are deadly in Toronto....as are the fans).

And when it comes to performance, I'll take the B's over the Leafs almost any day. Everytime I get a little unhappy with the B's performance, I just look over at the Leafs and I feel much better. Wink

Bruins will be ok once they get Looch & Savvy back in the lineup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]9 shots but also Kessel was on the ice every 2nd shift I think he played 56minutes.
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

TROLL ALERT

I see the copycat troll is wide awake this morning. Daycare must be closed for him today.

Just report this troll for copyright/plagurism

Sections
Shortcuts