Kessel for Dubinsky and Toronto's 1round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Kessel for Dubinsky and Toronto's 1round pick

I would go for that right now ...Dubinsky is only 23 and has 2 40points seasons back to back  ...he is 6'1 205lbs and would b a solid addition and would improve his stats with Claude Julien ....despite his 36 goals Phil is a one way player and there is no way Chiarelli would sign him unless he lets go a player like Kobasew who will be a major contribution in the playoffs on our way to win our 6th Stanley Cup ....plus we would get a 1st round pick from Toronto in a 3 way trade.

Go Bruins !   Bye Phil and welcome Dubinsky ! ! !  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Kessel for Dubinsky and Toronto's 1round pick

What does NY get in return?  A 1st from Toronto?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My first thought on this was - and how do we pay Dubinsky?  But, FWIW, Larry Brooks reports that Dubinsky's only looking for about $1.4 on a bridge contract that will take him to arbitration next year where he'd hope for a big bump.  So now my only question with this would be - where does he play?  He's a centre.  Do they put him on the wing where his size might be more of an advantage?  In a recent interview, he said he'd been working on shooting more.  But every centre says that.

So - Dubinsky, a Leaf 1st rounder and a Leaf 2nd rounder?  Maybe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JPinNH. Show JPinNH's posts

I love this trade, despite the fact that we'd have like 11 centers on our roster.  Dubinsky is a Bruins-type player, not a one-dimensional player like Kess.  Plus we get picks!  DO IT PC!

*enter your love affair for Kessel here while I ignore you*

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

If the Bruins do get Dubinsky I hope the opposing teams have their health insurance premiums paid up. Between him and Looch I don't think the opposition, or the boards, will take the punishment! LOL

On the surface, I'd take this deal as well. He's not the offensive player Kessel is, or will be, but he's got good potential and plays the Bruins style of hockey.

But the only way I'd take him is if he signs a deal for 2 or 3 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Rangers would get a 2nd round pick from Toronto + a player unknown yet  ....could be Jason Blake

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Love it JP!
    My thought - slide him to wing on a top 3 line or have him center BEgin and Thornton/Bitz on your 4th. He will start out the season asa a top 3 center till Krejci si 100%, this also helps not needing to rush Krejci early on. Seems like a great move, especially picking up a 1st & 2nd rounder along with it. I thought it read that Tor would send a first to NY for Dub, then Dub and the other draft picks to Bos for Kess and possibly a 3rd.
    If even the training staff hates Kessel (As reported in a Toronto paper) then there are obvious issues with the kid that they don't want here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The2boys. Show The2boys's posts

See ya Phil...it was nice knowing ya.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beauce. Show Beauce's posts

That trade would be great for sure, as long as we can sign Dubinsky with 1.7 for 1 year. With injuries always happening, it would be great luxury to have 10 ''top 9'' forwards.

One question remains: Why would Toronto give two 1st rounders, one 2nd rounder and a player for Kessel while they can get him for one 1st, one 2nd and one 3rd with the offer sheet option? Does Brian Burke really think PC will match a 25M/5-years + offer sheet!!??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel for Dubinsky and Toronto's 1round pick:
    That trade would be great for sure, as long as we can sign Dubinsky with 1.7 for 1 year. With injuries always happening, it would be great luxury to have 10 ''top 9'' forwards. One question remains: Why would Toronto give two 1st rounders, one 2nd rounder and a player for Kessel while they can get him for one 1st, one 2nd and one 3rd with the offer sheet option? Does Brian Burke really think PC will match a 25M/5-years + offer sheet!!??
    Posted by Beauce

I think is trying to take the high road here. When he had that Penner thing go wrong before, or as he said was blindsided by it, he is trying to aviod duing the same to PC although it is pretty evident that he could if he wanted. 
    Burke is, in my opion, one of the best GM's in the biz and his ability to get the talent he wants is something that he is definitly known for. 
    If we could get Dub's, that would be something that would definitly worth doing. 
    I'm all in on this PC, pull that trigger!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Rangers would get 1st round pick in return as Toronto was willing to give up 2 first rounders and a 2nd to get Kessel straight up.  This will give the Rangers a  first round pick, not sure if it would be this years or the next.  Bs will get Dubinsky and either a 1st or 2nd.  This all makes sense for all parties and I am sure Toronto would rather spread thier picks out than load up the Bs with them.  Rangers will have a #1 pick to use moving forward along with theirs and bs will get a proven young player back that will require short $$$ and a future pick.. Sounds like the most realistic deal yet..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

How can we win a cup if Tim thomas cannot win a pivotal playoff game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Posted by deangee

Tim is the reason we made it there in the first place!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beauce. Show Beauce's posts

Posted by deangee

Thomas can win a Cup for the exact same reason he can hold a #1 position and win the Vezina: he believes in himself and doesn't care what the world thinks. Throughout his career he's kept his composure, you can trust that man.

Tim was great against Montréal and was not the reason for the loss to Carolina. He stood up in games 5 and 6 and even did the job in game 7. Like PC said at the State of the Bruins, you can't over-analyze the loss to Carolina. The Bruins were one OT goal away from making the Conference Finals! Krejci had a golden chance in OT, probably not Timmy's fault he missed.

Thank God for bringing Tim Thomas in Boston 3 years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts