Kessel for Kaberle deal in the works again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglsmrso. Show mglsmrso's posts

Kessel for Kaberle deal in the works again

Sportsnet Canada reports the deal of Kessel for Kaberle is being discussed again.  If this is true, here's what I think the B's need to do:

1)  Deal Kess to Toronto for Kaberle and a 2d or 3rd round draft pick
    2)  Deal Marco Sturm for a 2d round draft pick
    3)  Use money freed up in Sturm trade to pay part of Kaberle's salary and to
    bring back Recchi
    4)  Deal Savard for a 2d round draft pick

Hate to deal Savard, but I think the B's have to consider it to free up some money for next year when they have Wheeler/ Lucic/ others as RFAs.  They would still have Krejci and Bergeron as their top 2 centers, not a bad situation.  They make these moves, they free up money and can stock up at the draft next year.  Or, they can package their 1st round pick, a 2d round and 3d round to try to move up in the 1st round.  Thoughts???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

Re: Kessel for Kaberle deal in the works again

In Response to Kessel for Kaberle deal in the works again:
    Sportsnet Canada reports the deal of Kessel for Kaberle is being discussed again.  If this is true, here's what I think the B's need to do: 1)  Deal Kess to Toronto for Kaberle and a 2d or 3rd round draft pick 2)  Deal Marco Sturm for a 2d round draft pick 3)  Use money freed up in Sturm trade to pay part of Kaberle's salary and to bring back Recchi 4)  Deal Savard for a 2d round draft pick Hate to deal Savard, but I think the B's have to consider it to free up some money for next year when they have Wheeler/ Lucic/ others as RFAs.  They would still have Krejci and Bergeron as their top 2 centers, not a bad situation.  They make these moves, they free up money and can stock up at the draft next year.  Or, they can package their 1st round pick, a 2d round and 3d round to try to move up in the 1st round.  Thoughts???
    Posted by mglsmrso

Ok so were going to get the same value for Savard as we do for Sturm,   ok buddy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

My thoughts are that that is the single most ludicrous trade proposal I have ever heard. First off, if the Bs swing Kessel for Kaberle they have no real need to move salary, and if they move anyone it would be Aaron Ward. With the signing of Begin and Bitz today they have ohhh, probably about 5.8 mill in cap room, thats enough to sign Hunwick and account for Kaberles 4.25 wouldn't you think. Savard is worth more than a second rounder....point a game players are worth way more than a second rounder, and we don't need to clear 8.5 million in cap room just to swap a 4 million guy for a 4 million guy....weird

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

As of next year, Savard becomes an unrestricted free agent, so his salary will be off the books.
       Also, I wouldn't be in a rush to trade Sturm. He had a pretty good chemistry with Bergeron before his injury, and with Wheeler probably moving to RW to replace Kessel, they still need a LW to play on Kreijec's line. You are probably looking at the top 3 lines as....

Lucic               Savard          Ryder

Sturm              Bergeron        Wheeler

(PJ or Recchi) ? Kreijec           Kobasew

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

The only thing there that wouldn't get Chiarelli fired is trading Sturm for a 2nd rounder. Savard is one of the top 5 centers in the league, trading him for a second round pick is like trading Kessel for the rights to the 70 year old Gordie Howe. People have too high of hopes for Kaberle. His point production has decreased in the last 3 seasons, along with his average time on ice. Yes he's affordable at $4.25 mil but come on who's going to trade a Kessel for Kaberle. Kessel scored more goals than Kaberle had points last season and there's a 10 year age gap between the two.
    Recchi, in all likelyhood, will be brought back next year. He's said he's only going to play for the Bruins if he returns, and he wants to return. He's also not giving Chiarelli any kind of a deadline to sign him by, giving the Bruins time to settle out the rest of their roster. Since Bitz is signed the next issue is signing Hunwick. somebody I believe may get an offer sheet before Kessel. He averaged over a half a point per game and showed great poise for a young defenseman. His agent is already talking to other teams about a potential contract offer, and you don't want to lose Hunwick if you're looking for a puck mover.
    As for the draft consider the Bruins to be like the Patriots, they don't go out and draft the hyped players, but those that fit into their system. Occaisonally they will draft the best player available. Trading up isn't something they normally do with high picks.
    As for the line configuration I don't think Julien will split up Krejci, Ryder and Wheeler, they showed too much chemistry to split them up. If Kessel returns he'll obviously be back on the line with Savard and Lucic. As for the third line I think it would be either Bergeron, Kobasew and Recchi, or Bergeron, Kobasew and Sturm. That all depends on what happens with Kessel as well. The fourth line I think would be Begin, Thornton and Bitz, should one of them be capable of taking faceoffs. I think it would be Begin, since Chiarelli said Begin is essentially replacing Yelle on the roster.
    For the defense I think it will stay the same, should the Bruins be able to resign Hunwick and/or Hnidy. If Hnidy isn't back then look for Johnny Boychuk to take his place. Boychuk was the best defenseman in the AHL last year, scoring 20 goals and 45 assists. Look for him to push for a roster spot regardless of who the Bruins sign.

Sections
Shortcuts