Kessel for the 3rd overall pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Re: Kessel for the 3rd overall pick

What I think will happen is that Chiarelli will view the market for kessel heading into the draft. If he feels kessel can get him enough in return or that he may not be able to sign kessel for the right price he may trade him. I would love for the bruins to get the #3 overall pick, I believe Matt Duchene will be an incredible player, with great speed and incredible offensive skills. Don't get me wrong I like kessel, but he's proven that he's only a goal scorer, and he doesn't have much of a defensive aspect or a great hockey IQ.
    Another thing to consider is the players that could be kept should kessel be moved. While guys like axlesson, recchi, and yelle aren't game changers offensively they have proven to be excellent defensive players, with axlesson and yelle being two of the top penalty killers in the NHL today.
    If we can't resign kessel for under $4.5 million then it's best that we trade him before a team like Montreal, Edmonton, or Los Angeles can poach him for $6 million, each team having the need/money to make it happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The following article confirms the Avs are willing to give up the 3 pick to get Kessel.

http://www2.nesn.com/boston-bruins/2009/06/06/chiarelli-has-cap-issues-to-solve/

If Kessel signs a deal close to Krecji he will be a Bruin.  If not we will take the best offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE] Pat Burns has coached TWO Stanley Cup winners.  So who's the idiot here?  You clearly haven't got a clue.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Patty only won one cup,  with the Devils.  He went to a final with Montreal but lost to the Flames. 
    BUT I get your point.  Let's just hope Ax goes for the Draper effect. 
    Draper signed for less then he could get to stay with the Wings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

[QUOTE]Nash, line up the 30 coaches in the NHL and ask them a simple questions " Would you want PJ Axelson on your team" Answers...yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    Posted by DarrenRyan9[/QUOTE]axelsson can go to hell  ya moron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

And as for the rumors of Kessel for the 3rd overall pick, why not try for the first with the Islanders, he's had experience playing with Kyle Okposo, his brother is a draft pick of the Islanders, he has that dynamic potential that Tavares has just with a slightly different skill set, and he's already been in the league 3 years so you know he can produce. I'm not saying the Islanders will go for a straight up trade but it wouldn't require too much else to get that pick, perhaps throw in a defenseman, 2nd or 3rd liner or perhaps a defenseman prospect, Garth Snow is a former goaltender so he knows the value of defense, and looking at last years draft he likes to trade out of excellent spots (he passed over guys like Luke Schenn, Nikita Filatov, Colin Wilson and Cody Hodgson for Josh Bailey).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCUBA319. Show SCUBA319's posts

Kessel in my opinion should go for around what Krecji got for a contract. Kessel to me still has to work on his skating and defense and to me You can count on Krecji to play on the powerplay and pk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

I hate to see kessel go, but I thought I heard somewhere he's asking for $5mil a year...and my understanding is the bruins really don't have 5mil for one guy unless they makes some moves...and honestly I don't know if kessel is worth it,as a previous poster said he's had one good year(expiring contract year surprise,surprise) I'd have no problem giving him krejci money, but savard money...I wouldn't be able to do it if I was PC..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

crazy we are notrebuilding we are a team on verge of cup.....you dont trade your highest goal scorer for a future player just stupid to even think that way

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

what's stupid is to let one player dictate your future. If Kessel stays and get 5 mil then they're going to have to cut some serious corners in order to afford lucic, wheeler and rask next year. The fact that Kessel is 21 and the 3rd overall pick could most likely step in and play next year shows that whoever they'd take (most likely either Matt Duchene or Evander Kane) are both going to be great players, and several draft boards have Duchene as the 2nd ranked skater overall. As much as I love what Kessel has done this season Duchene is a more complete player and his strengths are very similar to Kessel's. Should the Bruin's not be close to a decision with Kessel by draft time and the deal with Colorado be in place they'd be wise to take it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]crazy we are notrebuilding we are a team on verge of cup.....you dont trade your highest goal scorer for a future player just stupid to even think that way
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Unless that player is screwing up the team by demanding too much.  And it's not just money.  When one guy is paid "X" dollars, the others think, "Is he worth more than I am?"  It effects team psychology. Kessell is not a $5 million man, not yet.  He should take 3.5 for 2 yr and be happy.  That's a lot of loot.  Way more than most fans make, you can be sure.  He can take home $2 million after taxes and escrow adjustments.  Do that for a few years and be set for life, and have his family and any future family set for life too.  And still have plenty for his favorite charity!!!

(on that note, did you know that Vince  Lacavalier gives half his salary to local charities, hospitals etc?) 

As KPD wrote last Sunday,  PC may have his first "problem child" on his hands.

Sections
Shortcuts