Kessel lucky to sign with B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Kessel lucky to sign with B's

If you look at all the talent available out there, I think Kessel might end up signing for a lot less than he's hoping for. If PC waits long enough 3 - 3.5 mil for kessel might not be out of the question. And if he goes, there are quite a few options for the defence and offence to choose from with that kind of money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Re: Kessel lucky to sign with B's

i hope this deal gets done quickly  we need him to preform well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

3 - 3.5 is about all he's worth at this point. And honestly the Bruins don't need him.

In Response to Kessel lucky to sign with B's:
    [QUOTE]If you look at all the talent available out there, I think Kessel might end up signing for a lot less than he's hoping for. If PC waits long enough 3 - 3.5 mil for kessel might not be out of the question. And if he goes, there are quite a few options for the defence and offence to choose from with that kind of money.
    Posted by sparky1313[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well put b and g

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Kessel will sign with the Bruins for 2.35 million, though not until late October.   Mark my prediction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

The Bruins may not need him but it sure would be nice to have him.  He is 21 and is only going to get better.  Will still need to move a player or 2 to get it done

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I believe Kessel will get better only when he commits to playing a full game, that is, complete his checks. I watched him closely last season, and rarely, very rarely did he aggressively check with his body. Until he starts combining contact with his exceptional speed, his career will flatline. Right now he's a good goal scorer but far from a great one. I think he'll sign with the B's for about the same money as Krejci. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1629888. Show user_1629888's posts

How often did Gretzky check?  Same for Mike Bossy or Guy Lafleur?   Their skill was scoring.  The B's have plenty of hitters.  You can never have enough scorers.

Kessel is young and will continue to improve.  His shootout  skill is excellent and putting the puck in the net is what counts.

I hope they sign him, unfortunately at the expense of losing still another quality player. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

I agree with the above post.  Why should Kessel start hitting?  So he can get  beat up and miss time with injury?  Or take stupid penalties?

Hitting is not part of his game nor should it be.  If there is a knock on his game it is his defense which needs to improve and should.

Let him put the puck in the net and leave the hitting to Luc, Bitz, and etc.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel lucky to sign with B's:
    [QUOTE]Why should Kessel start hitting?  So he can get  beat up and miss time with injury?  Or take stupid penalties? Hitting is not part of his game nor should it be. Posted by mario11[/QUOTE]

You may notice, if you look at old photos or whatever, when Gretzky played goalies wore pads the size of your pillow taped around their legs. Believe it or not the game has changed a bit. Now, everyone has to be able to hit and skate. Hockey is not played end-to-end. Every team, in one form or another, chips pucks in and forechecks by the first man in hitting their defenseman who picks up the puck, while the second man in tries to scoop up the loose puck. Then the cycle begins until an opening for a pass or shot is available. If you actually watch the Bruins, they do it all game. If Kessel doesn't hit on the forecheck, and their defenseman makes an easy, unmolested clearing pass, it leaves our guys flapping in the wind up ice while the other team breaks with a 3 on 2 or worse. If he doesn't hit, he screws his team and leaves them at a disadvantage. This isn't Sega Hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Gretzky, Bossy , Lafleur not hit? How old are you guys??? They played when "old time hockey" still existed to a degree. They most certainly used the body to hit, make room for themselves and set a tone. Comments like that show how foolish most of you posters are. Kessel will likely get only $2mil or less, which is all he is worth. Too shy with hits, few scoring moves(most of them are well known now) no extra effort when needed and an attitude, sounds like lockerroom cancer to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

[QUOTE]3 - 3.5 is about all he's worth at this point. And honestly the Bruins don't need him. In Response to Kessel lucky to sign with B's :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Your right because the Bruins have been so successful in the playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel lucky to sign with B's : Your right because the Bruins have been so successful in the playoffs
    Posted by HamiltonBulldog[/QUOTE]

bruins will trade kobasew and hamil in a package to deal for there d prospect provecky and then sign kessel to a 1 year 3.5 million deal which they will have the money for then sign bertuzzi as kessel willl be out till december
    lucic savard wheeler
    sturm krech ryder
    recchi bergy bertuzzi
    thornton begin bitz
    kessel comes back in december bertuzzi would look good playing with bergy give him some protection and we then will be as tough as the flyers i do think our d is a little on the soft side i would like to see ferrence traded for a physical d man like witt
    chara morris
    witt wideman
    stuart hunwick
    a puck mover with a physical d thats a cup threat anyday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I suspect that's not wanting to adapt to the Bruins system is part of it.

He doesn't have the termperment to be even a Sobtka style player, and he's certainly not going to be a power forward as he is lacking in well power. I think he might do well in Minnesota which is closer to home for him, or LA. Him and the Sedin's might play real well too.

[QUOTE]I don't know what he'll sign for, but he definitely misjudged the situation.  So much so that I wondered if he wanted out of here.
    Posted by MedfordMickey[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Those players made huge contributions in goals. Kessel has only once in his 3 years made a large contribution.

It's neither fair to Kessel or realistic to compare him to that level of a player.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2035

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=487

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2902

[QUOTE]How often did Gretzky check?  Same for Mike Bossy or Guy Lafleur?   Their skill was scoring.  The B's have plenty of hitters.  You can never have enough scorers. Kessel is young and will continue to improve.  His shootout  skill is excellent and putting the puck in the net is what counts. I hope they sign him, unfortunately at the expense of losing still another quality player. 
    Posted by BBfansince67[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1629888. Show user_1629888's posts

Sparky, They did play when when Old Time Hockey still existed.  But, they were not hitters.  I had season tickets for the Islanders from '72 to '91.  I saw all of Bossy's home games.  He did not hit anyone.  He played in the faceoff circle area and scored 50 goals a year with a unbelievable wrist shot.  Today's game is different, but you don't get rid of a potential 50 goal scorer because he doesn't hit