Kessel Missing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

Kessel Missing?

Phil Kessel is missing from the Bruins roster on the Bruins website.  I wonder if the hat is going to drop very soon on the Kessel situation...the sooner the better i think because it has been way too long already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Kessel Missing?

just what the bruins are missing is a sniper, kessel is just that, do what it takes to sign  this missing piece of the puzzle, 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

Trade talks surrounding Phil Kessel are heating up. The Boston Bruins don't have the cap space to sign the restricted free agent because the 21-year-old center is demanding $5 million. For the Bruins to sign Kessel, they would have to dismantle their roster to stay under the cap. At least three teams, including the New York Rangers, are rumored to be interested. But the New York Post writes those talks have died down as of late.

KEY WORD in this article is DEMANDING..  21 yr old kid, on a cup contending team is going to DEMAND $5 Million per year..ive pretty much lost all respect for him as a Bruins fan.. I think its great he overcame the cancer and everything, but to most you would think that would make you a little bit more understanding, but apparently Kessel thinks he is much better than what he is.. Bruins dont need him now.. Get another young guy to play with Savard, so Savard can turn that player into the player Kessel turned into..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

well for one kessel is not demanding 5MM. and 2nd i rather have the bruins trade away 2 roster players for picks and a prospect to make room for kessel. theres other guys waiting for their call in providence. if anything kobasew, or ference are the likely ppl to be traded away

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

If this is true  Savard better hope Sturmys ready.if Kessel is going,Wheels better put that 15lbs to use or he is next.Neely= Bruins Help wanted,must be willing to kill or be killed.Salary non negotiable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel Missing?:
    [QUOTE]Taking his name off the roster doesn't mean anything. Matt Dalton and Kevin Regan are on the roster. Do you really think those guys are going to be on the team this year? Kessel isn't signed hence he isn't on the current roster.
    Posted by nashville0303[/QUOTE]

My feeling is this is just a little site clean-up prior to camp starting...but, it's fun to speculate a little bit.  I'm just shocked it took all summer to remove his name, that's all

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]Trade talks surrounding Phil Kessel are heating up. The Boston Bruins don't have the cap space to sign the restricted free agent because the 21-year-old center is demanding $5 million. For the Bruins to sign Kessel, they would have to dismantle their roster to stay under the cap. At least three teams, including the New York Rangers , are rumored to be interested. But the New York Post writes those talks have died down as of late.
    Posted by JayRap11[/QUOTE]

everything about this is false.
    not demanding 5 mill (at least no evidence to suggest it)
    trade talks not heating up
    hes not a center
    the rangers have no cap room

stop trolling

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look again.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Make the alphabet your friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Still on the Bs official website roster as of 3:02pm.I cant wait till this BS is over and the season begins.Have a feeling this Kessel thing will never end though, even if he is signed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sharks just did a salary dump; maybe we don't have to wait that long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]                           Still on the Bs official website roster as of 3:02pm.I cant wait till this BS is over and the season begins.Have a feeling this Kessel thing will never end though, even if he is signed.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are correct, he is back on their roster.  I swear on my life he was not on there earlier in the day.  I saw it on twitter so I went and checked and he wasn't there...i looked it over 4 or 5 times and didn't see him.  That's bizarre.  It was probably some freak accident or something lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuriesIt. Show BuriesIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel Missing? : Wow, you are correct, he is back on their roster.  I swear on my life he was not on there earlier in the day.  I saw it on twitter so I went and checked and he wasn't there...i looked it over 4 or 5 times and didn't see him.  That's bizarre.  It was probably some freak accident or something lol
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]
    He wasn't on earlier today. It seems when the NHL updated the websites, they were not including Restricted Free Agents earlier. The same thing happened to the Sabres (Drew Stafford) and the Rangers (Dubinsky) for example. Seems like they realized their mistake and updated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If the Bruins trade Ference to help create cap space for Kessel, please tell me who our 7th defenseman is going to be? We currently have 7 defenseman who are on the NHL level. We don't have any depth on defense. We lost Hnidy and Montador to free agency. We traded Lahsoff when we got Recchi. If we trade Ference, we better hope our defense doesn't get hurt at all (which isn't likely).  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

10 to 1 says that if ference is traded, its in a package that frees up cap room and brings back a cheap, but good D man, taking all bets

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]10 to 1 says that if ference is traded, its in a package that frees up cap room and brings back a cheap, but good D man, taking all bets
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]
    my guess is they just try to get the best pick they can for Ference. I dont think they want any salary back in that deal the want the cap space. They will be fine on D with Boychuck taking his place.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel Missing? : my guess is they just try to get the best pick they can for Ference. I dont think they want any salary back in that deal the want the cap space. They will be fine on D with Boychuck taking his place.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    u obviously dont understand. u dont need only 6 reliable d-men. u want 7,8, or 9 even with the 8th and 9th being down in providence. idk whoes good on d in providence because boychuck was the best. idk how much more NHL ready d-men are in providence. so you would need a d-man that makes < .800M a year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ummm thats training camp roster and kess is still disabled..duhhhhhhhhhhh

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel Missing? : u obviously dont understand. u dont need only 6 reliable d-men. u want 7,8, or 9 even with the 8th and 9th being down in providence. idk whoes good on d in providence because boychuck was the best. idk how much more NHL ready d-men are in providence. so you would need a d-man that makes < .800M a year.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]
    I do understand. they have lots of defencemen that could fill a gap like Rob Kwiet, Alain Goulet jeff Penner. all these guys will do what ever it takes to play for the Big club you need to give some of your own a chance sometimes, take Matt Hunwick for instance. (sometimes you find a gem)

All in all though I think this team is a Phil kessel away from the Stanley Cup final assuming they are healthy of course. and they need Ference's money if Kessel is going to stay.The offence will make up for the defensive blunders. I know exactly what you mean though, Depth is key. Looking forward to the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

hey Dkrejci.. that was from ESPN.. nice try tho..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]10 to 1 says that if ference is traded, its in a package that frees up cap room and brings back a cheap, but good D man, taking all bets
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Now that would be pro-active.  Ference must go,  not that I don't like him or think he's not a good defensemen ,  he's a UFA at the end of the season and I guarantee at 100% he will not be back as a Bruin and therefore lose him anyways.
    There was a quote when he got traded to Boston and was shocked because he had just signed a multi year deal with Calgary (Ference is from Alberta) and was very happy as that is where he wants to finish his career. He will go back west.
    He must be traded now while he still has value.
    Good call dkrejci46.
    As for Kessel talk , NO NOT ME , will not speculate anymore.