Kessel offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Kessel offer sheet

Per KP DuPont:

According to the CBA, if the offer is between $3 million and $4,520,150, the Bruins would receive a first- and third-round draft pick.

If the offer is between $4.52 million and $6 million, compensation would be a first-, second- and a third-round pick

All that $$ and at least a first and a third has got to be a hard pill to swallow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Don't forget kessel is not even healthy!! So you'd be taking an even bigger risk as a GM. He's a small guy and that shoulder could be just the begining. I say PRAY that he gets an offer somewhere else. We trade the picks defense and use the money for defense...in all sports it's about the D. We couldn't get the puck out with out Chara on the ice...that's what happened. wouldn't it be nice to have more talent back there to go with the amazing talent (Lucic, Krejci, Wheeler) that the Bruins just had fall right in their laps this past year? Also, it's way more important to make sure they're ready $$ wise for those young players contracts. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

PS. I remember Brett Hull, lots of goals...what did he win? He tagged along at the end of his career to win a cup. It's about winning a cup not about hoping your guy can win the scoring title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Feisty Bruin

Having 7 20-goal scorers is awesome, but on any given night, you need goal scorers who you KNOW will score that much needed goal. So large numbers of good scorers doesn't fully compensate for a small number of offensive geniuses.

I don't know how crucial Kessel will be, even though I recognize he's got rare talent. No, we shoudn't train the gifted youngins to be tremendous offensive players and then trade them. But there were so many games in which Kessel couldn't score, given lots of failed opportunities, because he was playing against large defensemen. Can he change that? To a point. But he just isnt' feisty by nature.

Again, look at the number of crucial goals Savvy scores when it's most needed. He's gold. Not only is he a Bruin through and through (in yo' face), but those few goals he scores, he scores when it counts. He has that in common with Looch (e.g., 2 goals versus SJ; playoff goals, etc.).

Savvy can't go. With his talent, there's no reason why he can't find the back of the net more often. I see him turning over a new leaf next season, and I see the ratio of assists to goals getting more balanced--IF he stays in Boston.

He's a bit of a weirdo; not easy to get along with, as we all know, but he's at home in Boston.

Part of what makes this team so unique is its long list of weirdos  (no offense), who happen to fit together perfectly:

• Chara, who was told hockey was a pipe dream
    • Wideman, who has an embarassing history of being ignored,which I won't get into
    • Looch, who was deemed laughable by the (very few) scouts who had ever set eyes on him 
    • Ryder, who was basically adopted by Julien from a family who ignored and benched him and apparently didn't like him
    • Savvy, who no one liked, who listens to Britney Spears, talks to his stick
    • Timmy, who's... seriously, there's no elaboration needed on Timmy
    That's just to name a few.

This team sure ain't dull. And if that's not a big part of the Bs' new identity since 07/08, I don't know what is.

Gotta hold on to the feisty ones--the ones who have always had something to prove and who have always had to work a little harder to get noticed. The ivy league princes just don't fit the bill. Yes, I'm talking to you, Princess of Wheels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Feisty Bruin

In Response to Feisty Bruin:
    The ivy league princes just don't fit the bill. Yes, I'm talking to you, Princess of Wheels.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

I can't wait till Princess get's another hat trick and wins a fight this up coming season! Hee Hee yes it will happen and I don't care the opposing player is 5'3"!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: Feisty Bruin

In Response to Re: Feisty Bruin:
    In Response to Feisty Bruin : I can't wait till Princess get's another hat trick and wins a fight this up coming season! Hee Hee yes it will happen and I don't care the opposing player is 5'3"!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I don't care either-- as long as he grows some facial hair!

Sections
Shortcuts