kessel saga finally over!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ExQuincyGuy. Show ExQuincyGuy's posts

Re: kessel saga finally over!

I like this deal. Let's face it, Kessel was gone. The Bruins had little cap space to play with and he was looking for big bucks. The B's now have 3 #1's in the next 2 years and Toronto pissed away their future. I liked Kessel's game. I look forward to seeing him on team USA in 2010 but I also look forward to him running into Milan Lucic or the other way around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

In Response to kessel saga finally over!:
    [QUOTE]Done deal folks. Kessel to the leafs. for 2 1st rounders (2010.2011) and a 2nd . not sure what year, Burke promptly signs PK to a 5 year 27 mill deal.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

to my mind he's a 50 goal man.  he doesn't get mono this past season then he scores 41-42 in only his 3rd season.  this coming year with savard could have been unbelievable and i think he'd have gotten 50. i know savard played a huge role in the 36 but the kid scored some glorious goals.  speaking of savard...it took forever for him to even resemble a two-way hockey player so kessel deserves a little slack there.  all upside.

i think it's a terrible deal.  kessel was a projected #1 overall and i think the Bs got lucky to get him at #5.  we've all heard the rumors about being uncoachable or surly coming out of minnesota so central scouting started to bury him.  

the Bruin brass kept saying he played soft which probably didn't help the few times they tried to move him.  when a guy comes back from testicular cancer surgery in less than 2 months, i'm guessing he's not soft.  

glen murray never hit a thing and they chucked money at him.  i don't think waiting for the two-way, more gritty player to develop is that difficult to stomach when he's potting 36 and up.

still sad about fred cusick's passing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The2boys. Show The2boys's posts

In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over! : the moron is u and that why pathetic mgmt like the bruin ones can get away by trading kess. i am believe it or not a bruin fan, but not a fool . i have followed them for many yrs and agreed with tthe garbage they used to ice, but listen finally the we could have won. u want to cheer for the sake of cheering , agree with the team philosphy, no way,. i am a fan but also a customer, first time in 30 yrs u get that 30 yrs , i finally had hope and PC and big dumbo puppy face julien singlehandely apart destroyed  the team. if u cannot see this now u will and beileve me after many yrs of folllowing these bozos u will get bitter. no excuse kess should have been signed. listen to knowledgeable ouside opinions, not some of these silly bruin fans, u will see my friend, u will see
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

The only thing we see...is....you don't know how to spell, or type...ever heard of spellcheck??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]OMG marco, you have to be the most brainwashed dummy on here kid, They gave bergie that money before he got hurt, so don't try to compare those two together money wise. paying this guy 5.4 mil a year is absolutely ridiculous, if PC gave him that contract in boston everyone would have ripped him apart for overpaying him, but instead he trades his gold digger sniper away, and takes on no money whatsoever, so next year when we have to sign lucic savard stuart ference morris thornton sobotka wheeler and who ever the heck else we will be able to have a little bit of breathing room rather than putting ourselves right up against the cap  with a 5.4 mil contract.
    Posted by FF-Nate[/QUOTE]

does not matter when , don.t worry idiot i am aware of that it was not pc who paid bergie, kess doesn' t care why , he looks at bergie and says if he is worth 4,25 and i am worth more and u know what pc the bozo , i have at least one man in Burke to prove it.

ur brainwashed , brainwashed by this incompetent mgmt staff, u actually think that if they planned this correctly kess would not be signed.they took him for granted and paid the price, kess u did well stick it up their u know what.

i would have done the same. u want me , sign me before oldie the goalie, before morris, before washed up rechhi, before evn giving an extension to julien because kess was not like by joke julien, before awarding so much $ last yr to ryder.

watch ryder next yr, let;s see how he does. and i cerastinly would make sav leave next yr but keep kess, 10 yrs older

bye bye bozos,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Booyah22. Show Booyah22's posts

I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year.

- New Maple Leaf fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over! : the moron is u and that why pathetic mgmt like the bruin ones can get away by trading kess. i am believe it or not a bruin fan, but not a fool . i have followed them for many yrs and agreed with tthe garbage they used to ice, but listen finally the we could have won. u want to cheer for the sake of cheering , agree with the team philosphy, no way,. i am a fan but also a customer, first time in 30 yrs u get that 30 yrs , i finally had hope and PC and big dumbo puppy face julien singlehandely apart destroyed  the team. if u cannot see this now u will and beileve me after many yrs of folllowing these bozos u will get bitter. no excuse kess should have been signed. listen to knowledgeable ouside opinions, not some of these silly bruin fans, u will see my friend, u will see

No,  you're not a fan, you're a TROLL.
    See at the bottom there's a spell check (abc) . Use it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

wheres ghost tonight, he can teach u something too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blainelacher. Show blainelacher's posts

the current management did not throw money at Murray, that was Oconnell after the lock out.  I liked Kessel a lot, but you had to sign Krejci first in my opinion.  after that, there really wasn't much money unless you moved some players.  you can argue they overpaid for Thomas, but goalie is clearly the most important position on the ice, and he proved he is a top goalie right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

LOL at the whiners.

The Leafs can have Kessel at 5.4M/year

I'll gladly take Krejci at 3.75M and space to sign Lucic, Wheeler, Stuart, and Rask.  There's the possibility of keeping Savard.

Attention guys, we now have 8 picks in the first two rounds for the next 2 drafts.  That's some good insurance for the future.  And the can be used as sweeteners for deadline deals as well.

I'd personally like to see a couple used to get either Dubinsky, Hamhuis, or both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]wheres ghost tonight, he can teach u something too

Idiot you're the same person as ghostrider .  You use the same vocabulary and write with the same abbreviated words.
    How can you be so dumb !
    Yes all, I'm on a war path with junkies like this poster. 
    I don't like Kessel gone and I don't believe he's worth 5mill. 
    There's just something about all this that stinks.  On another thread someone is stating if the Bruins waited and forced Burke's hand he would have put up an offer sheet and with a salary of over 5mill Bruins would have gotten 4 1st rounders ??? Can this be ?  I hope this is not correct or Chiarelli would have a lot of explaining to do !  I'll be torn once again.
    It's obvious Kessel only wanted to go to the Leafs therefore it's irrelevant if other teams would offer more for Kesselhe would just refuse to sign with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

So long Booyah, we don't need you around here any how. You can wear your Leaf jersey to the Stanley cup parade in Boston next June.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over! : Idiot you're the same person as ghostrider .  You use the same vocabulary and write with the same abbreviated words. How can you be so dumb ! Yes all, I'm on a war path with junkies like this poster.  Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha stay on him BsLegion! Ghostrider1174/maro100/AndrewClarkRules are the same poster no doubt about it! What a D A W E E B!

Who would sit there and do that make a bunch of log ins ? Answer: A Maple leaf Fan! Last cup 1967! When was the last time the Leafs were even in the Finals!?

Stay on him BsLegion don't let up! Battle it out in the corner with the G 0 N A D!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Booyah22. Show Booyah22's posts

[QUOTE]So long Booyah, we don't need you around here any how. You can wear your Leaf jersey to the Stanley cup parade in Boston next June.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Don't you get it Terry?  The Bruins traded away any chance of winning the Cup next year along with Kessel.  Did you watch the Carolina series?  Where they were completely outskated by a mediocre team?  Kessel was their one forward who could stretch the defense and open up the neutral zone.  He was by far and away the fastest player on either team and the only Bruin who could win a race to the puck.  True the B's were beat up but nonetheless...they are waaaaay to slow to win a Cup without Phil in the modern NHL.  PC got nothing in return that will help them this year.  Let alone a 21 year old coming off a 42 goal season (including playoffs).  Also, to not give the greatest passer (91) in the NHL (sorry Sid you're number 2) a premier sniper to feed is comparable to the Patriots giving Brady Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel to throw to in 2006.  PC overpays mediocre players (MS, MR).  Kessel is definitely worth 5.4/year.  He is one of the fastest players in the game and has one of the best releases.  Don't forget his shootout prowess.  He's good for about 3 decisive shootout goals a year.  The Bruins don't have the scoring to win it all.  And Chara I'm afraid is the defenseman version of Jumbo Joe.  He folds when it counts the most.  PC is the worst thing to ever happen to the Bruins!  I'm done.  They don't care about their fans.  They never have.  They never will.  At least as long as the Jacobs family runs the team.  But I digress.  My ire lies that four-eyed, penny-wise, pound-foolish, dweeb of a GM.  Boy I'm soooooooooooo glad he signed Derek "Career Underachiever" Morris instead of locking up the team's best skater and shooter.  But when I wake up tomorrow it will all be behind me.

New Maple Leaf Fan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Booyah22. Show Booyah22's posts

Not to mention he's a freakin baby and will continue to improve!