KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010

Wow what a goal scorer, nice going Claude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010

kessel is on a absolute tear..bs fans who think tyler for phil was a good trade are just insane..no doubt seguin will in time become a decent player but kessel is a 24 yr old sniper..imagine him with krejci 50 goals every season..im pretty sure hes scored atleast 1 in each pre season game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Who cares if Kessel scores goes on to become a 500 goal scorer...apparently, he didn't know which way to the weight room, and everyone knows that's how you decide to trade someone. Check out Blake Wheeler...found out where the weight room was...added "15lbs. of muscle"...now he's a keeper.
     The B's might need some scoring help on the wing, but the deltoids on some of these guys are awesome-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010:
    kessel is on a absolute tear..bs fans who think tyler for phil was a good trade are just insane..no doubt seguin will in time become a decent player but kessel is a 24 yr old sniper..imagine him with krejci 50 goals every season..im pretty sure hes scored atleast 1 in each pre season game
    Posted by bruins8

The Bruins didn't trade Kessel for Seguin. They traded him for Seguin, Knight, next year's first-round pick, and about $4 million in cap space.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

dont matter kessel is way better than all those players combined 5 mil for a 50 goal scorer is a deal if you asked me...bruins are crazy not re upping this guy more i watch him the more im disgusted..turn the game on hes just flying around causing pentalies and giving the opponets dmen fits and scoring hes fun to watch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Kessel with Versteeg  FAAAAAAAAAAst they need a center though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

dont matter kessel is way better than all those players combined 5 mil for a 50 goal scorer is a deal if you asked me...bruins are crazy not re upping this guy more i watch him the more im disgusted..turn the game on hes just flying around causing pentalies and giving the opponets dmen fits and scoring hes fun to watch
    Posted by bruins8

50 goals?! He hasn't even cracked 40.
    But who cares. Kessel plays for Toronto, not Boston. How did they do last year, even with Kessel?
    Makes no difference. He did not want to play here. He is no longer playing here. 100% non-story.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 : 50 goals?! He hasn't even cracked 40. But who cares. Kessel plays for Toronto, not Boston. How did they do last year, even with Kessel? Makes no difference. He did not want to play here. He is no longer playing here. 100% non-story.
    Posted by Blackmale

Leafs blown out in end but skated with the wings up and down for 2 periods.Entertaining up and down hockey.Not that crap played in center ice like some teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 :          Leafs blown out in end but skated with the wings up and down for 2 periods.Entertaining up and down hockey.Not that crap played in center ice like some teams.
    Posted by hockey-101

Look, if your man-crush on Kessel is that strong, there are tons of Maple Leafs boards out there where you can share it. Bruins fans said adios to the guy a long time ago, thanks for the picks, don't let the door hit your behind on the way out. And if your idea of fun is to watch your team get blown out but make it "entertaining," enjoy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I have always liked the Kessel deal, but he's looking really good in Toronto so far this year. We should give him that. Lot's of talent and it's nice to see him develop over his career. We'll be fine without him, but he's looking like a stud so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 :          Leafs blown out in end but skated with the wings up and down for 2 periods.Entertaining up and down hockey.Not that crap played in center ice like some teams.
    Posted by hockey-101

For sure, he is an entertaining player...although some people seem to think he is a frachise player, which he is not...
    Regardless, I want to give this deal time before I pass judgement. If Seguin, Knight, and next year's frst rounder collectively do worse than Kessel in the next 5 years, then yes, the deal will be a bust. But a GM is supposed to build a team both for the present and future. And while losing Kessel certainly hurts in the short term, I have a feeling that the B's will undoubtedly be the long-term winners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 : The Bruins didn't trade Kessel for Seguin. They traded him for Seguin, Knight, next year's first-round pick, and about $4 million in cap space.Posted by duinne

Now, now I've emBOLDED your statement please don't feed the fanboys they're going to be at it everytime he scores. You can't argue with LUFA fans they know it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I have always liked the Kessel deal, but he's looking really good in Toronto so far this year. We should give him that. Lot's of talent and it's nice to see him develop over his career. We'll be fine without him, but he's looking like a stud so far.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

All I'll say is I hope Taylor really turns out to be an actual #2 pick. Not another Pat Faloon, or Alexei Yashin, but a Patrick Marleau, or Daniel Sedin! If he turns out to be a former it'll go down as one of the lopsided deals of the decade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The season hasn't even started and the negativity continues love it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010:
    Posted by hockey-101

You're right!  The coach of the Bruins is at fault here.

Yep, makes sense to me.

Thanks for reminding me that you know nothing about hockey and/or are nine years old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 : 50 goals?! He hasn't even cracked 40. But who cares. Kessel plays for Toronto, not Boston. How did they do last year, even with Kessel? Makes no difference. He did not want to play here. He is no longer playing here. 100% non-story.
    Posted by Blackmale

If the Leafs find that Centerman to get Kessel the puck. His shot and accuracy could get him 50-60 goals. Don't get me wrong, I hope it doesn't happen, but the kids shot has come as advertised! His release is up there with the elite snipers. I think we truly will be talking about Phil Kessel in the same breath as a Mike Modanno once Phil matures & learns both ends of the rink to round out his game. Say what we want about Kessel not wanting to be here & whatever else. The B's did trade away one of their best "snipers" they had in a long time. I really do hope that Seguin, or Spooner, or one of the later picks turns out. I hope the CSB, the B's scouting staff & everyone else got this right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The season hasn't even started and the negativity continues love it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Not thinking negatively. Just pointing out how all the Kessel lovers & PC haters will have fun with this if this backfires.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010 : If the Leafs find that Centerman to get Kessel the puck. His shot and accuracy could get him 50-60 goals.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Considering his 10.5% shooting percentage from last season, can you tell us more about his accuracy?  Please not that the 10.5% does not take into account all of the failed flicks toward the net, the ones off the one or two defensemen in front of him, or the ones that went wide left or right due to pressure coming from seven feet away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Brandon Bochenski had 8 one preseason.  What idiots Bruins management were for letting that gem slip away! 

Call me when he proves he can score when it counts.  A PP goal in a 7-3 beatdown isn't scoring when it counts - even by preseason standards.  I don't care if he wanted to be a Bruin or not.  I don't think you win with players like Kessel. 

I don't know if you win with Blake Wheeler, either, but he at least has been playing less like Betty White.  More like one of the Designing Women or something, but it's a step.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Well personally I enjoy seeing massive giant of Chara smashing Kessel down into the ice at the point as he tries that deke and dangle stuff.  That is one positive of the trade.  Also, we wouldn't have the Toronto Record Tracker to keep us thoroughly entertained throughout the season.  I never thought that watching a Leafs game could be so fun.  Watching them lose is so much fun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to KESSEL STRIKES AGAIN TONIGHT NHLN 10-1-2010:
    Posted by hockey-101

You blame Claude? You think he should have catered to Phil and kept him happy so he would stay here, huh?

Hmm. 

Oh, so you'd rather the BRUINS have a 40-goal scoring Kessel, and the BRUINS can finish with 74 points cause the team around him would have no work ethic or respect for their coach.

Good plan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, I believe I have a solid rep for knocking Kessel, so I might shock some of you...

Looks to me he had a HUGE turn around this summer - big time.  He attempted to be responsible defensively, but took a hooking penalty doing it.  He also attempted stickhandling into the dirty zone in front of the net, again, very unlike last year.

However...
    It's going to take him another year - at least - for him to pick up his defensive responsibilities and do them well.  It's going to take a season of him attempting to stickhandle in traffic before he's profficient at that.

Looks to me like he's been working out, he's clearly more fit than last year.

And having said that - isn't this what the Bruins were *trying* to get him to do?  But the issue looks to me like Kessel is going to do it when he feels like it.

If he continues on this trend, he very well could get 50 and win some games for the Leafs,  BUT he's got to continue the trend.

I don't find him entertaining.  In the mindset I have as a hockey fan in general and putting myself in the position of a Kessel fan - I'm still really frustrated by it.  Had he done what he should have in the first place, he would already have been a 50 goal scorer.

re: Seguin and a comparison to Kessel.  No comparison.  Seguin is not out of place as an NHL player.  Seguin is going to play in the league as an 18 year old, Kessel didn't accomplish that.  And Kessel was clearly *VERY* raw when he came into the league.  Seguin is clearly smarter - both on and off the ice, and yes, being smarter off the ice IS an important thing.  Another thing about Seguin that I've noticed, and it is subtle, is what I call a 'quick stick'.  He's tipped passes and knocked down pucks such that I've never seen anyone do.  It's still what I would term a "raw" skill because he hasn't found a place for it, Recchi is the next best I've seen at it - tipping pucks in front, but that type of 'stick skill' that Seguin has is a different breed.

I'll wager everything that Seguin is going to have a better career than Kessel.
    Knight, maybe he might work out, maybe not, I don't know.
    From what I've seen of the Leafs in the pre-season, overall - they aren't looking good to me.  We easily could be looking at another very high pick next year.

My odds that this ends up being one of the most lopsided trades in history are 3-1 in favor of the Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kessel still flies around the net like a delayed flight trying to land at Toronto Pearson International Airpost, circles.  You are a winger Phil!!!, you can go in the corners.  More brave new Kessel hockey behaviors will be coming up next season or next like how to forecheck and backcheck.  Now do I wish the young man to fail, well...yes, for the Bs own Toronto's first pick in next year's draft.  Outside of that why do we need to read about every single goal from now to eternity that Phat Phil makes while wearing a make belief uniform.  It is preseason afterall!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Well personally I enjoy seeing massive giant of Chara smashing Kessel down into the ice at the point as he tries that deke and dangle stuff.  That is one positive of the trade.  Also, we wouldn't have the Toronto Record Tracker to keep us thoroughly entertained throughout the season.  I never thought that watching a Leafs game could be so fun.  Watching them lose is so much fun.
    Posted by shaunk

Lol,its awesome watching the Leafs!  I think that because of this trade i might actually like watching the leafs lose as much as I do watching the bruins win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I don't miss Kessel one bit. If he wins a cup with the leafs then maybe I will lement the trade. Kessel still hasn't scored a goal against the bruins

Sections
Shortcuts