KESSEL VS RYDER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: KESSEL VS RYDER

Back to the post -  Ryder was signed before Kessel proved he was worth anything (until last season he was still a what-if). You aren't going to move Ryder or Sturm due to there contracts. Ryder has put up good #'s for multiple seasons and had 1 bad year (Guy Carboneau's fault). Ryder has had 20+ goals in what 5 out of 6 seasons. Kessel has a lot to prove before this debate is relevant. And I think Sturm will put up 30+. Neely was calling for him to put up 40 before the injury-bug last season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

In Response to Re: KESSEL VS RYDER:
    [QUOTE]Datsyuk averages more points than Ovechkin or Malkin, the other two MVP candidates
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

That's just a flat out lie. I'm going to go ahead and say Tie Domi averaged more points than Gretzky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KESSEL VS RYDER : That's just a flat out lie. I'm going to go ahead and say Tie Domi averaged more points than Gretzky.
    Posted by Milbury26[/QUOTE]

your absolutely right, that is not what i meant, i meant to say that he averages more points per minute, I have corrected the original post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

But seriously, I trust Sports Illustrated's integrity as much as I look forward to Hockey-101's posts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

did you read the article?

I'm guessing no, I hate sports illustrated, but that is a very well put together article.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

I didn't. I saw it was sports illustrated and immediately came back here to laugh about it. But seriously, I'd rather have a player who goes out there and scores 3 points every two games than a guy who scores 2 points every 3 games but plays less. I guess that's why points per minute don't mean as much to me as they do to you or Sports Illustrated apparently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

OR datsyuk had 1.2 minutes per game while ovechkin had 1.39....not as big of a difference as you make it out to be, you would have known that if you had read the article. by all means keep commenting on a topic you know little about, it makes you sound very smart

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

oh, and malkin had 1.37 points per game, both playing way more on the power play and way less on the penalty kill, minute for minute, shift for shift Datsyuk does a better job

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcosturminating. Show marcosturminating's posts

by the way kessel had just as many even strength goals against playoff teams as ryder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

People poopoo Ryder and his contract, but he's one of the best in the league at keeping the puck close to his feet while dangling it through the oppositions feet while driving to the net from the corner. At least once a game he pulls off a sick little play like that. Kessel doesn't have the muscle to pull it off from the corners and give a stiff arm to the net.

I'm just sayin'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcosturminating. Show marcosturminating's posts

kessel dangles every time hes in the offensive zone

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

[QUOTE]kessel fails at dangling every time hes in the offensive zone
    Posted by marcosturminating[/QUOTE]

fixed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

[QUOTE]OR datsyuk had 1.2 minutes per game while ovechkin had 1.39....not as big of a difference as you make it out to be, you would have known that if you had read the article. by all means keep commenting on a topic you know little about, it makes you sound very smart

I'll take points per game over points per minute any time. The more time you're on the ice the more time you have to produce. I guess that's a benefit of being young that we'll never see in Datsyuk. Datsyuk has never surpassed 100 points in his career, while Ovechkin has only been under 100 points once in his brief career. Ovechkin is yet to hit his prime, can't wait to see it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

[QUOTE]by all means keep commenting on a topic you know little about, it makes you sound very smart

I know enough to not have to read an article you're basing your entire argument around. Please refer to other sources rather than insisting that you're correct because a kid's magazine suggests something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Milbury26, I just realized I read all of your posts with Milbury's voice haha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcosturminating. Show marcosturminating's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KESSEL VS RYDER : fixed.
    Posted by Big-Bad-Bruins91[/QUOTE]

Except for the 36 times he scored... i think by the time hes ryders age hell be able to finish a lot more

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

To even debate this is a compliment to Ryder. Thanks "Guy" for treating him like dirt. I would never dare say he is better "just thanks".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Millbury, my argument is based on my own thoughts from watching him play, with supporting statistics taken from that article. Datsyuks lack of 2 minute shifts isn't because he is young, its because he plays on an incredibly deep team. The Bruins, for the most part rolled 4 lines last year. Were Ovechkin or Crosby on a team that deep they would see their minutes go down quite a bit, if they still produced the same numbers they would most certainly be better offensive players than datsyuk, and you know what, they probably are anyway, but it is very close. The area in which Datsyuk distinguishes himself, and rises above these other super stars is his defensive play and his attention to detail...you won't find a smarter player on both sides of the puck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Kessel is much younger than Ryder but both are differant types of players both very good at their type of game. I think some of you fans are missing the point. To be a good team we need both of these players to compete and this team was good because of players like these, we will become weaker by losing any one of them. You have to keep all of your young players and core together to gain experence as a team and the longer the team stays together the better they get. We need both players and we need to build from there, if we do this the cup is soon to follow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I just want everyone to remember 2 things before they consider saying goodbye to Kessel:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCRZqCsb2ZQ
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz9JJl9-XRw

It's unreal what these guys are capable of together. Given a couple more years, they could be the deadliest duo out there.

brunod, we'd love to keep everyone but are fantasizing about getting rid of people like Ryder to make room for Kessel. Obviously we'd like to keep both.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

the second video was a good showing of what Kessel and Savard can do together, but whats with the first one? kind of a garbage goal, pretty sure Kessel just randomly threw that at the net, and Savard got a lucky rebound

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

David or whatever your name is,look at the face of Kessel on the first video.Have you ever played hurt.I dont think so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

2 steals

Positioning

Wicked attack

nuff said

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I'm not sure if you realize this but I'm not David Krejci. However, Krejci had a torn hip labrum in TRAINING CAMP....he played the entire season and the playoffs injured.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

[QUOTE]the second video was a good showing of what Kessel and Savard can do together, but whats with the first one? kind of a garbage goal, pretty sure Kessel just randomly threw that at the net, and Savard got a lucky rebound

How long were they on the ice? If it was a two minute shift it doesn't count.

Sections
Shortcuts