Kessel vs Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Re: Kessel vs Seguin

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin:
    In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : The joke is you thinking you  know anything about hockey(6 players from last draft have already made the NHL and #10 overall was McIlrath-a 6'4,220 pound d-man out of the western league that any team would love to have).So by your thinking Burke was just unlucky that Kessel turned them from a 23rd place team to 29th.PC should just retire from hockey and buy lotto tickets since he's so lucky.
    Posted by dezaruchi

deza remember these comments, we will talk in the future. Do not questio my judgement for the gfame , i have proven it when all others were saying the contrary,. but we will talk. If u think that mcirath or whatver is name is would have been fair return for one of the games young snipers then maybe u should revise ur statemets, Maybe ur just having an off day!

btw- i kept saying that altough he showed some nice talent but fowler would not go number 3 and is not a franchise dman, must of been wrong on that one too.

we will see deza, we shall see. once again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If Chia is just lucky and PK was so great, how in the world did Toronto finish with the 2nd worst record last year?
    Easy, there wasn't a whole bunch of luck involved.

I'm circumventing the pledge by even replying...I feel dirty.

...and Bad Hab, he will not ever answer that question anymore than RMiller87 will leave the board as promised,after Seguin stays up after 9 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : Is "marco" another account of bruins8??  Man this guy needs to get a life.  I'm seeing the same 2nd-grade level grammar and punctuation, the same inept reading comprehension, and the same inability to process basic logic. In addition to the three draft picks which will greatly outweigh a streaky player like Kessel, the Bruins also relieved 5 and half million in salary (and handed it to Toronto), which allowed them to sign Horton, Bergeron, and Chara. So, once again, the deal was an absolute steal for the Bruins.
    Posted by Fletcher1

fletcher u defintely got ur name from chevy chase movie playing the dummie which suits u mighty well. Anyone who uses a cap to justify losing kessel is just plain dumb. Please fletch be my custumer so i can rip u off with the utmost ease. A streaky player like kessel. 36 goals in 70 games
    for the bruins , 30 in 70 for laffs, get rid of all the bruins players because they cant't even get on any streak gs streak.

Hockey gods forgive them for they do not kno what they post!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

THE REASON I KEEP BRINGING UP KESSEL IS IM SICK OF WAITING FOR THE CUP....AND TODAY THE BRUINS WTH 81 WOULD HAVE A BETTER SHOT THEN WITH 19...SURE IM THRILLED AT THE FUTURE WHEN 19 BECOMES A 22-23 YR OLD STAR THATS FANTASTIC AND I MEAN THAT BUT ALOT CAN HAPPEN TO HIM AND THE TEAM BETWEEN NOW AND THEN....WITH 81 ON THIS TEAM WE WOULDBE ALOT CLOSER TO THE CUP TODAY THEN WITH 19 THATS WHY IM UPSET ABOUT THE MOVE WHEN YOU ARE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR YOU DONT TRADE YOUR LEADING GOAL SCORER FO A POTENTIONAL GREAT PLAYER..WE ARE NOT REBUILDING  EDMONTON IS THE BRUINS SHOULDVE KEPT 81 SO WE DONT GET SEGUIN..BIG DEAL KESSEL WILL BE VERY GOOD FOR ATLEAST THE NEXT 10 SEASONS HE 23 PEOPLE  THATS WHY IM UPSET..I'VE WATED SO LONG FOR THE CUP AND WE WERE RIGHT THERE IN MY OPINION AND LET AE TOP SCORER GO...LUCKILY WE GOT SEGUIN BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS TO SEGUIN HES NOT GONNA BRING THE PRODUCTION KESSEL  BROUGHT  YOU PUT HIM WITH 91 AND HES NOT GETTING 36 GOALS AND A PLUS 23....MAYBE IN 4 YEARS BUT NOT NOW AND THATS WHAT WE GAVE UP TO GET HIM....
    Posted by bruins8

I hated the kessel trade and the spin the bruins put on it..(didnt want to be here, doesnt back check, soft) but there were other moves that chiarelli made that were just as bad...  bringing in ryder...paying thomas way to much... actually thinking wideman coming out of his end once per game was an attribute that somehow made all his faults ignorable...   but that business is done... cant get him back and we have actually made changes that make sense.. horton... caron, getting rid of wideman... and alot of good young players...cup this year, next year, the year after??? doesnt matter as long as we are going in the right direction...   I think kessle is the type of skater that is rare... but I think the bruins have improved somewhat without him... but we will see where it takes us...the best move is making chiarelli accountable to cam neely...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : fletcher u defintely got ur name from chevy chase movie playing the dummie which suits u mighty well. Anyone who uses a cap to justify losing kessel is just plain dumb. Please fletch be my custumer so i can rip u off with the utmost ease. A streaky player like kessel. 36 goals in 70 games for the bruins , 30 in 70 for laffs, get rid of all the bruins players because they cant't even get on any streak gs streak. Hockey gods forgive them for they do not kno what they post!!
    Posted by marco1001

Well I'm having a little trouble understanding the broken preteen texting language above, but I think you object to Kessel being called streaky.  The same Kessel who goes long stretches without goals, can't score against good teams, and gets benched in the playoffs??  Yeah, him.

I don't know how old you are, but being compared to Chevy Chase in Fletch is nothing but a compliment.  Thank you.

"please be my customer"??  What in God's name are you talking about, and what could you possibly be selling??  Dictionaries...no that wouldn't make sense...

Try writing in big boy sentences, so we can try to understand you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : That's funny because from the impression I get from some posters on here,everyone in Toronto loves kessel and thinks they got a terrific return for 2 firsts and a second.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I was talking about the media. The media hated the trade and still does. And they are mocking Leaf fans for being happy for beiong 4-0. The media in Toronto mostly thinks the Leafs are a very crappy team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

I CHOOSE THE BRUINS......but damn kessel would've helped alot more than seguin will

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin :  I was talking about the media. The media hated the trade and still does. And they are mocking Leaf fans for being happy for beiong 4-0. The media in Toronto mostly thinks the Leafs are a very crappy team.
    Posted by LeafFan

Hey, I respect you for publicly admitting you're a Leafs fan - not like others pretending they are Bruins fans.

After this season I will become a secondary fan of the leafs.  it's the least I can do in repayment for Seguin, I enjoy watching more much more than the other guy.

I don't like Komiserak or Phaneuf, I think they'd be better off without them.  You can depend on them for a stupid penalty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I CHOOSE THE BRUINS......but damn kessel would've helped alot more than seguin will
    Posted by bruins8

Bruins or Kessel.
    Choose.

That means no more harping on and on and on about Kessel.   Tyler plays for the Bruins, not Phil.

Bruins or Kessel.
    Choose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : Well I'm having a little trouble understanding the broken preteen texting language above, but I think you object to Kessel being called streaky.  The same Kessel who goes long stretches without goals, can't score against good teams, and gets benched in the playoffs??  Yeah, him. I don't know how old you are, but being compared to Chevy Chase in Fletch is nothing but a compliment.  Thank you. "please be my customer"??  What in God's name are you talking about, and what could you possibly be selling??  Dictionaries...no that wouldn't make sense... Try writing in big boy sentences, so we can try to understand you.
    Posted by Fletcher1

wow, this just keeps getting better and better, the guy whon was benched, oh yeah u mean by the twit who got fired twice. big puppy face dumbo. The guy that was benched and the bruins could not buy a goal until he returned, maybe just maybe if he had benched him for a period , his message would have gotten across and we would have won the series.

one more thing friend, ryder is as streaky as they come and i do not recall him being benched , his 4m is a rip off compared to kessel .

i hope u understood this but my feeling is u will once again focus on grammar, dont care about grammar, not an essay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : Bruins or Kessel. Choose. That means no more harping on and on and on about Kessel.   Tyler plays for the Bruins, not Phil. Bruins or Kessel. Choose.
    Posted by BadHabitude

if we stop talkn about it, it means we accept cj and pc decision, i could tell u i m not close to that.
    i enjoy watching high flying hockey, only some few teams have it, we did  and pc and cj took it away. .

there are not many cities that would have let these guys get away with it. Don't get me wrong i wish as i said seguin blows kessel away, but that will take time and i have waited long enough. we have waited long enough.

in conclusion there's no choice to make, quite authoritarian if u ask me. I will never be part of the " evrything that bruins do is ok with me fan club" I have passed that stage .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Bruins8 and Marco1001--- Fact is that Kessel DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE!  His attitude sucked, he doesnt play any Defense, he is a soft player and 1 dimmensional.  Add to it that he was not a favorite in the locker room amongst his teamates.  The GM had no option but to trade him and got what has turned out to be a REALLY GOOD trade.  A trade that every NHL GM would make from the Bruins standpoint and every Hockey insider says that was very lopsided in the Bruins favor.

With that being said, Kessel is a nice player with great speed and goal scoring ability.  Seguin is an 18 year old kid playing at a high level already for a playoff team.  By the time he is 23 like Kessel is now he will be a Superstar in the NHL.  This year he will score somewhere around 60 pts-- which will be probably less then Kessel by about 20 or so--- but he will also play both ways effectively and be responsible teammate unlike Kessel was - he was a diva.

BRUINS8-- your argument is REAL WEAK--- these are facts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In a medium where text is the only means of communication, if you want yourself to be heard, you need to type out your message at least sensibly.
    It doesn't need to be a perfect essay, but lack of punctuation and capitalization just tells everyone else that your message isn't even important enough to you to be worth the effort of typing reasonably, so we don't take it as being worth the effort of deciphering.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Bruins8-- You are like a high school girl who got dumped by some guy and two years later you are still obsessed with how much better things would be if you were still together.  Get over it dude-- Phil did not want to play with the Bruins anymore because they would not put out (Bruins would not give him what he wanted) and now he is Dating the Maple Leafs because they put out(5.5 mill a year and the freedom to play undisciplined Hockey).

I don't expect you to understand what I mean by this-- but the intelligent non single minded posters will understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : if we stop talkn about it, it means we accept cj and pc decision, i could tell u i m not close to that. i enjoy watching high flying hockey, only some few teams have it, we did  and pc and cj took it away. . there are not many cities that would have let these guys get away with it. Don't get me wrong i wish as i said seguin blows kessel away, but that will take time and i have waited long enough. we have waited long enough. in conclusion there's no choice to make, quite authoritarian if u ask me. I will never be part of the " evrything that bruins do is ok with me fan club" I have passed that stage .
    Posted by marco1001

You blame CJ for taking away the high-flying hockey yet you fail to acknowledge that he was the coach(of the year actually)the year Boston led in offence and defence.You can't lay blame without giving a little credit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

BTW Kessel turned 23 just last week. He's not 24.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : Hey, I respect you for publicly admitting you're a Leafs fan - not like others pretending they are Bruins fans. After this season I will become a secondary fan of the leafs.  it's the least I can do in repayment for Seguin, I enjoy watching more much more than the other guy. I don't like Komiserak or Phaneuf, I think they'd be better off without them.  You can depend on them for a stupid penalty.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Leafs would be better without Phaneuf? uh, no. They went from 29th overall to now being 18-10-1 since he joined them. He's done nothing but help the team and is playing very well. Burke ripped-off Sutter in that trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin :  Leafs would be better without Phaneuf? uh, no. They went from 29th overall to now being 18-10-1 since he joined them. He's done nothing but help the team and is playing very well. Burke ripped-off Sutter in that trade.
    Posted by LeafFan

NHL players voted Phaneuf the leagues most overrated player in a poll taken last year.I tend to think the players should  know who's good and who's not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : You blame CJ for taking away the high-flying hockey yet you fail to acknowledge that he was the coach(of the year actually)the year Boston led in offence and defence.You can't lay blame without giving a little credit.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Sorry Deza, yip the year they had the best offence and went to the worse offence the following year, wonder why?

jack adams don't mean squat. the team was posed to have a good season. he is a terrific ahl coach, though. I don't  kno where ur from but in a real competive hockey city cj would have gotten fired after las yr playoff debacle.
    if the choice had come down to kessel vs cj, get dumbo out . That's just the way it is in the NHL, coaches are very replaceable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In a medium where text is the only means of communication, if you want yourself to be heard, you need to type out your message at least sensibly. It doesn't need to be a perfect essay, but lack of punctuation and capitalization just tells everyone else that your message isn't even important enough to you to be worth the effort of typing reasonably, so we don't take it as being worth the effort of deciphering.
    Posted by DrCC

more often i post while i am doing other things, if u really have that much of a hard time understanding it, then do not read it.

i did take the liberty of making a 13 yr old read it, and although it did lack punctution , he did understand everything. Thank you for ur advice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : more often i post while i am doing other things, if u really have that much of a hard time understanding it, then do not read it. i did take the liberty of making a 13 yr old read it, and although it did lack punctuation , he did understand everything. Thank you for ur advice.
    Posted by marco1001

You've missed the point, I'm afraid.  It isn't whether we can decipher it.  For the most part, we can.  It is that a poorly written post says "the writer of this post doesn't actually care about getting his point across".  Would you walk up to someone in person to have a conversation about the Bruins and talk the way you write?
    The last couple posts have been better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin : NHL players voted Phaneuf the leagues most overrated player in a poll taken last year.I tend to think the players should  know who's good and who's not.
    Posted by dezaruchi

So Phaneuf isn't a good player? He's two years removed from a 60 point season and being the Norris runner-up.

His career avg. is 47 points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel vs Seguin :  So Phaneuf isn't a good player? He's two years removed from a 60 point season and being the Norris runner-up.  His career avg. is 47 points.
    Posted by LeafFan

I'm just saying I think his opponents know best.Any player would rather win the Pearson(players vote)than the Hart(media vote and popularity contest).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fine no more kessel i choose the bruins!  heres the deal if i mention kessel again you fans dont need to speak to me anymore...but if i dont you must repsect me for doing so and include me in conversation deal?  especially u badhabitude

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Kessle DID NOT want to play here anyway and forced PC's hand to trade him.  As time went on his agent was throwing out some pretty negative remarks to the media about the Bruins.  When you have your agent talking trash there's no hope for a deal to get done.  He didn't want to play here or play Claude's defensive minded way of hockey.  He's a goal scorer and wanted free reign on what he could do and was just looking to take part in the offensive play of the game.  He was also a bit too soft for most Bruins fans and I think he felt that from the fans and knew he could never live up to the ideal type of player the fans wanted him to be.  No matter what the Bruins did it wouldn't have worked out.  The only way he would have stayed was if PC offered an over the top contract where he would be far over paid.  Which we would then all be ripping PC for such a bad deal.  So there's no sense in a Kessle VS Seguin comparison to prove we shouldn't have traded him.  If you're comparing just to compare to see who got the better of the deal that's fine but don't try to make the argument to justify why the Bruins should have kept him.

Sections
Shortcuts