Kesselites wheres Phil.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Kesselites wheres Phil.

The Kessel honey moon is over in Toronto.  They are bringing up something that I never noticed or knocked him for - his intelligence.

Leafs fanvideo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m2iBGcd1ow

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenderbroccoli. Show tenderbroccoli's posts

I would ask where 60% of this Bruins team has been this season before I worried about Phil Kessel. The guy missed 6 weeks and still has more goals then any other Bruin. Why not make a Sturm, Ryder, or Wheeler discussion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There have been several threads about Sturm, Wheeler and Ryder.

It is not 60% of the Bruins.  The goaltending and defense have been playing acceptably.  The role forwards have been satisfactory.  The scoing has not.  I don't get 60% concerned because of that.

The poster is pointing out that several thought the Kessel trade was a really bad one for the Bruins.  Since the draft picks will only materialize in 2010 and 2011 we can only speculate as to whether it was a good trade or not.

There were those that said that Kessel was a franchise player and the poster is calling those people out.

If Kessel has a major melt down, which I am beginning to think will happen, then the Bruins committed theft in the trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Hey Habitude, nice job setting that vegetable straight. Couldn't have said it better myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i admit to wanting to keep Kessel but maybe the players and Mgt know something we don't. that said,the goal scorers on this team still need to step it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Broccoli its not so much that i think Kessel is a bad player its the fact that some posters who i have mentioned think he is a Superstar. They spout off all the time without thinking. Kessel is not a superstar that is something you have to earn and one 36 goal plus sixty point season doesn't earn him that. For you or anybody else not to see that is ridiculous.

The posters choose to ignore what we recieved tow 1st round picks plus some second round choices as well. We also saved money from not signing Kessel to a deal which in my books he hasn't earned yet. The money that was saved can now be used resign players which we with Savard.

People forget its wins that count not how many goals you score.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Kessel reminds me of Petr Klima.
    He'll get 40 goals and 6 assists.
    Stay in Toronto.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm paying close attention to Toronto and the Leafs.  The natives are getting restless.  Something that they are pointing out that I never noticed, and I don't even know how fair it is, but they are saying that Kessel has sub average intelligence to put it kindly.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Hey BadHabitude, if this is correct about Toronto natives saying Kessel isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that's a shame.

Focus on his hockey abilities only.  Picking on his intelligence is harsh.  I'm glad he's gone, but hockey skills are where I draw the line.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Believe1 - I hear what you are saying, I'm not trying to pick on him.  The points I'm trying to make are that because of his lack of IQ , he might be hard(er) to coach than most, he might have been taken advantage of more easily by his agent and so on.  So I'm saying maybe this "bad attitude" we've heard about is actually that he's not too swift and that leads to misunderstandings.

Then again, I said I don't know if that's true or fair.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Back at you BadHabitude.  Sorry if you misread my post.  I didn't mean YOU picking on Phil K., I meant TORONTO.  I like your posts and agree with you.  Carry on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

Woodtick7 - Bravo!!! Loved what you have said here.
    HATE MARCO so darn much.
    Kessel would be a piece that this team needed this year but he did not want to play for CJ or the Bruins for that matter.
    He will go 18 games with a goal or two at a times during the regular season.
    He is not a smart person at all. Actually I watched him in an interview during a game in TO. He had to have the interviewer answer his own questions because he has a small IQ, like Marco. So you can see why Martha (my nickname for Marco) loves this pimple (one of my many nicknames for Kessel).
    He doesn't want to bleed black and gold then bye bye to Krusty pance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watching Edmonton Toronto tonight and Phil looks really tired.  It looks to me like he's taking short shifts (I don't know his ice time for a fact).  Every shift I saw he was dragging back to the bench.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Phil scored a meaningless goal with 4 minutes left to take it from a 3-0 loss to a 3-1 loss. He went home a happy man.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Marco and Rattlehead how come Kessel couldn't score 2 goals and add 2 helpers to beat the lowly Oilers. I here he scored a meaningless goal. True superstars like Crosby, Gretsky, Ovechkin and Lemieux would have made sure there team won becuase thats what stars are suppose to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I watched part of that game and saw the goal first hand it was a rebound that he got about 3 whacks at before putting in.He did seem to be dragging his #ss around .
    This trade should work out well especially if they play like they did against a really bad oilers team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Wood, first of all never said kesse was a mario or a wayne,
    even mario would not be a saviour to the leafs, kessel is doing what he is paid to do i.e. score goals.
    u justify his absence by saying we needed the money, how's this.
    shouldn't have signed ryder and morris and there's ur money.
    they gave lucic 4m , what did he ever prove, u tell me.
    wat about krejci who is on pace for less then 40 pts this yr that is flat out lousy.

the bruins have one first liner and the rest, cj has tried about anyone to play on first line next in line will be thomas,
    the void kess has left will be greatly shown in playoffs,

btw. on the comparison to klima,they are two different players but u can ask milbury what he thinks about klima.

p.s anyone know what ever happened to krejci the poster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Sorry Marco i would rather have Ryder and Morris instead of Kessel. Top 4 defensemen are hard to come by. Ryder may not match Kessel in goals but he will be quite close. Your forgetting the intangibles also, ie dpicks, money we can spend on other players.

Lucic was being considered for team Canada  and would have probably made it if wasn't hurt most of the year. I guess the team Canada brain trust must have been fooled by Lucics talent. I think you have a problem that being goals are the only thing that count in hockey. You would probably be happy if Kessel had 40 goals and 10 assists and was minus 25. Guess what so would Phil.

As for Krecji he has made the Czech olympic team and has been going through the sopohomore jinx. Marco he also is tons better in his own ened of the ice as well. He has set up Wheeler and Ryder but the goals aren't going in right now i hope they come some.

You better reread some of your posts regarding Kessel. I tend to disagree 100 percent with you about Lemieux he was a hockey icon who played center and scored a ton and  distributed the pucks for tons of assists as well. Lemieux would get the Leafs in the playoffs. Really Marco you put your foot right in your mouth again as you tried to make a comparsion between Kessel and Lemiuex its like comparing a Ferrari to a lump of coal. If you don't see that then you have problems.

Lastly remember it was you who built up Kessel to being a star when he isn't there yet and may never be.Seems like your easy out is he has no one to play with in Toronto. Marco who has been the most sucessful franchise in the NHL, Montreal and how did they do it they did it by amassing d picks like PC is doing in Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My point all along was that Kessel would have to change his act if he was going to rise above.  I think the flaws in his game have finally come to a head and he will have to change.  If he doesn't, he will simply not last in the NHL.

He looks really really tired.  I have to question his level of fitness.  The unproductive snap shots have gotten just ridiculous, he popped one off from the blue line with a clear view of the net.  The scoring percentage of those shots have to be near zero and is totally unacceptable.

You guys who want to give him a pass on backchecking, forechecking and fear of taking a hit, you're now going to give him a free pass for not even doing what he does best?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Bruins GM 42 don't know who you are or really care for that matter as your intelligence was just displayed in your post. Wow calling me a Moron did you stay up all night thinking of that. The only reason i think you would post that is your a Kessel fan and can't deal with plain facts otherwise why make that post.

My guess is your a friend of Marco's. Its not my style to name call and i don't appreciate it. I could call Marco names insult his writing but i don't i try and have a civilized debate. I suggest until you can bring something interesting into the debate don't bother posting as you add absolutely nothing with your name calling.

Hey we could go on all day calling each other names but i think that might bore the people who read the posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

wood, i don't know if ur reading my posts or just misreading .
    KESSEL IS NOT MARIO NOT EVEN CLOSE, but even mario wouldn't make toronto a cup contender.
    Mario had jagr, mullen, coffey, tocchet, stevens(although he sucked in boston)
    etc...

again, wood kess is a good player with great talent but no MARIO.in fact there will never ever be another mario

ok so krejci made the czech team- so wat.
    czech are not exactly plentiful, and what is the relevance to wat his lack of pts in boston.

all right it is possible it is the sophmore jinx .

don't get me wrong i think krejci is a smart player, In fact i would have loved to see him with kess together when sav would be over
     but last yr may have been his best.

wood, the habs more recent cups in 86 and 93 were built through draft choices , yes, but the roys, chelios, lemieuxs, dejardins, leclairs, ludwigs,richers  were pix in 2nd and 3rd rds they did not give up a phenom number 1 pick to get them .
    Sege savard the ex. hab gm did a great job with the scouting staff.

also keep in mind way back the habs automatically got the best player coming out from quebec.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

no woodstick, i do not know bruins gm42, but i gotta tell u, u constanly wait for a negative needle in the haystack to bash kessel, why?

fact is bruins are much closer to winning a cup  with him then without.
     someone posted that gorton did a good job as an interim gm and i agree, we should have kept him.

the fact that u use me to respond to bruins gm42 shows weakness on ur part. I had nothing to do with that. Wood, this is a blog, not an essay it;s silly that u should mention my writing and quite childish. Ur right no need for name calling but in essence u did just that indirectly,

Sections
Shortcuts