Kessels goals against non playoff teams.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Kessels goals against non playoff teams.

Hey Rattlehead, Laughs for Life and Marco did you know that Phil has only scored 3 of his 10 goals against playoff teams. He has scored 2 vs Chicago and 1 vs Ottawa. The non playoff teams are 2 vs Colombus, 2 VS Florida, 1 vs Islanders, 1 vs Minnesota and 1 vs Detriot.

This is a interesting stat don't you think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

Re: Kessels goals against non playoff teams.

The lenghts the sheep will go to to apologize for Bruins management gaffes never ceases to amaze me...

Phil Kessel career playoff stats

GP   G   A   PTS

15    9   6    15

You show me how many point a game playoff players there are and then you can come back and whine about who Kessel scores goals against during the regular season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kessels goals against non playoff teams.:
    The lenghts the sheep will go to to apologize for Bruins management gaffes never ceases to amaze me... Phil Kessel career playoff stats  GP   G   A   PTS  15    9   6    15 You show me how many point a game playoff players there are and then you can come back and whine about who Kessel scores goals against during the regular season
    Posted by Nolakanookie2

Yeah, right, and how many of those goals came against the hapless Habs and how many came against the Canes - when it mattered?  Big games that matter - playoff teams.  You call the Habs a playoff team - just barely.  They just barely made it in.

Superstars, elite players, call them what you will but

THEY SHOW UP, THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE EVEN IF THEY ARE HAVING A BAD GAME YOU NOTICE THEM.  WHERE WAS KESSEL LAST NIGHT?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

its going to be awhile before kessel see another playoffs game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

No mistake by the Bruins management regarding Kessel. I think i would rather have the money spent on Savard, Rask and Bergeron then have Kessel paid at an inflated rate.

To beat a dead horse to death look at his average pts per game career wise. Then ask yourself if he deserves an elite salary.

Good point about the goals versus the Canes where were they.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrecji46. Show dkrecji46's posts

badhabitude is the most bitter sheep I have seen in a long time. What a clown

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by dkrecji46

I must concede.
    You sir, have bested me in an intellectual duel.
    I will retire to my pasture wearing my fuzzy wool coat, over sized shoes and my red rubber ball nose -
    AND WATCH THE REPLAY OF LAST NIGHTS GAME.

Baah.  Baah.  Baah.

You can enjoy the fantasy the speedy Kessel blazing down the wing and doing his curl and drag and scoring 6 goals to beat the Bruins last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Posted by dkrecji46

Posing on a hockey blog with your cat (or your neighbor's)--and you 're calling him a clown.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ditto the poser switching one letter in someone else's handle. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Mike Milbury stated last night on HNIC that coaches and teamates were not sad to see Phil Kessel leave. I think thats what Savard eluded to saying he was alot like me at that age.I think when Savard was with the New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky hated Savard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

the kid has 10 goals in 16 games playing NHL hockey for the toronto maple leafs....hes a natural goal scorer point blank!  bitterness gets you no where....we got 2 1st rounders coming up, be patient our time will come

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Always looking for a negative i was gonna post kess playoff pts but nola beat me to it.
    u sound like oj simpson dream team lawyers only they fabricated anything to get him off, and u guys just search for anything to defamate kess.

Ok, so the first yr they played the habs kess scored 3 goals in 4 games. If i remember correctly cj benched him and they couldn't hardly buy a goal., Kess comes back and what do we have,here goals, BTW badhabitude habs finished first that yr and it was kess second yr in nhl.
    if i remember correctly and i have not searched this kess had 2 goals against canes. Now, wait a minute i guess he must of been faking his injury, i understand u expect him to dominate every series since the bruins are certainly not blessed when it comes to gs,but it doesn't happen like that.

I am wondering why u take up every single chance to bad mouth this guy, yet the almost 4m$ man is on pace for hardly 10 goals and less then 40 pts. oh yes but he does backcheck, Alert bachckeckers are now the most precious commodity in all of sports. Be a backchecker a lousy gs and still make loads of money.enough with the backcheck crap , u let talent flourish u do not bottle it up.

if u have not figured it out yet i am talkn about krejci. does he still play with boston.

kess well to put it mildly sucked yesterday but it was only his 1st game against boston and bruins had redemption written all over them from the night b4,. Let's see if it continues. keep in mind tor is a basement team or close to it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

the kid has 10 goals in 16 games playing NHL hockey for the toronto maple leafs....hes a natural goal scorer point blank!  bitterness gets you no where....we got 2 1st rounders coming up, be patient our time will come
    Posted by pucman

i hope, surely not a given

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Posted by dkrecji46

BadHabitude  this same troll is posing as you on another thread.
    if you want I can take her and nolakanookie (the same person)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

People keep bringing up this suggestion, trying to take away from his accomplishments and talent.  Letting him go was a huge mistake.  PK may have been immature, but with his talent the B's would be deadly right now.  I'll be fine when the picks come around, but PK's strength is exactly what the B's need more than anything else-scoring!!!

PK has come out this season on a mission and he is making a strong case that letting him go was  a bad move.  Would it lessen the thrill of winning the Cup if they had one bade ego on the team?  I wouldn't give Lord Stanley's prize back because of it!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

People keep bringing up this suggestion, trying to take away from his accomplishments and talent.  Letting him go was a huge mistake.  PK may have been immature, but with his talent the B's would be deadly right now.  I'll be fine when the picks come around, but PK's strength is exactly what the B's need more than anything else-scoring!!! PK has come out this season on a mission and he is making a strong case that letting him go was  a bad move.  Would it lessen the thrill of winning the Cup if they had one bade ego on the team?  I wouldn't give Lord Stanley's prize back because of it!!!
    Posted by stingerjp

i'll drink to that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

letting him go was no mistake. So what if he has skills, if he is not missed by his coaches or teammates, that means he is a distraction, a cancer, to the team.

I don't care if he gets 100 goals somewhere else. The B's are a defensive team, a style he does not want to play. He would rather play where defense isn't that important, as was the case on Chara's goal the other night when PK coughed up the puck.

He doesn't want to play the Bruins system, a system that every other player on the team bought into, a system that is working well for the B's right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Always looking for a negative i was gonna post kess playoff pts but nola beat me to it. u sound like oj simpson dream team lawyers only they fabricated anything to get him off, and u guys just search for anything to defamate kess. Ok, so the first yr they played the habs kess scored 3 goals in 4 games. If i remember correctly cj benched him and they couldn't hardly buy a goal., Kess comes back and what do we have,here goals, BTW badhabitude habs finished first that yr and it was kess second yr in nhl. if i remember correctly and i have not searched this kess had 2 goals against canes. Now, wait a minute i guess he must of been faking his injury, i understand u expect him to dominate every series since the bruins are certainly not blessed when it comes to gs,but it doesn't happen like that. I am wondering why u take up every single chance to bad mouth this guy, yet the almost 4m$ man is on pace for hardly 10 goals and less then 40 pts. oh yes but he does backcheck, Alert bachckeckers are now the most precious commodity in all of sports. Be a backchecker a lousy gs and still make loads of money.enough with the backcheck crap , u let talent flourish u do not bottle it up. if u have not figured it out yet i am talkn about krejci. does he still play with boston. kess well to put it mildly sucked yesterday but it was only his 1st game against boston and bruins had redemption written all over them from the night b4,. Let's see if it continues. keep in mind tor is a basement team or close to it.
    Posted by marco100

Marco, and Kessel fans,
    You guys just don't get what I'm saying.
    The role model for kessel should be Yvan Cournoyer.
    My opinion is that Kessel's God given skills are probably BETTER than Yvan.
    But Kessel is NOT playing up to his potential.

"Mildly"  ???  Are you kidding ???

Backchecking is responsible hockey, it's half the game.  What teams did you ever play for where the coach gave you a pass on backchecking?

I was not talking about the year the Habs finished first, I was talking about LAST year.

Do you like Savard?  Were you happy with his play in his first 2 years with the Bruins?  I wasn't.  Savard grew up. 

Expect him to dominate?  Again, you must be kidding.  Not yet, but don't you get it?  This is a guy who CAN, but will not go in that direction.  Even the greats have bad games, but you know they are there.  If they are not scoring, they are working hard.  Kessel wasn't even there yesterday.

Let me ask you - do you see ANY weaknesses in his game at all?  If you don't, you have rose colored glasses on.

Let me ask you, could Kessel grow up with the Bruins?  I would say no, no matter who's fault you want to say it is, he just wasn't going to grow here.

What about his team mates?  A guy who doesn't give it all is not liked in the locker room.  And he wasn't. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

u witnessed kess worst game of the yr.
    kess has 45 goals in 86 reg seasongames and 15 pts in playoffs
    no more can be said ur all wishing for the time when he fails.
    so far he's shown eliteness in reg season and playoffs
    case closed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

u witnessed kess worst game of the yr. kess has 45 goals in 86 reg seasongames and 15 pts in playoffs no more can be said ur all wishing for the time when he fails. so far he's shown eliteness in reg season and playoffs case closed
    Posted by marco100

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Marco if you think 45 goals in 86 constitutes eliteness then you have low standards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm noticing that Kessel fans play both angles at once, he is a dominating force, but don't expect him to dominate, he is an elite star - one of the six best in the game and then no, you can't compare him to Ovechkin and Crosby.  And it goes on and on.

I'll say it again because the Kessel fans are not getting it, he is not playing up to his potential.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

There are to many players to list who are elite or better players at this time of Kessels career. Top 6 my patoot. Here are  just a few players that are better, Semin, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Kopitar,Kovalcuk,Savard,Stastny,Zetterberg, Datysuk, Tavares, Gaborik,Alfreddson, Spezza, Mike Richards, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin,Malkin,Crosby,Getzlaf, Perry, Toews, Kane,Inginla,Parise,Bergeron,Duchense,Brad Richards and many more to long to list.

Burke would trade Kessel for anyone of the players listed rather quickly as most are established elite stars already proven  and have a better than 0.58 points per game pace. That makes you about a 60-65 point player hardly elite which Kessel isn't as career wise thats his pace.

I suggest until you can bring a legitimate stats based argument you don't post as your only comeback is Kessel is a superstar wa,wa, wa, how intelligent is that.

He is a decent player who might have a chance of being elite 1 day but that day hasn't arrived yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Kessel has 45 goals in 86 games?? I thought he had something more like.. 76 goals over 238 games?? 

Elite goal scorers
    Ovechkin 133g in 245 g in his first 3 seasons
    Kovalchuk - 108 - 227 g in his first 3 seasons
    Heatley - 80 goals - 190 g (and if you count half of his 4th season to get him around the 240 games mark he has 105 ish goals..)

and I would put gaborik in that class but the guy just doesn't stay healthy..

And I didnt have to leave off the first 2 season to pad the stats, and even given phil his inflated start this year he seems far from elite to me...

Hell Cheecho had 93 goals through his first 229 games.. he is not an elite player or goal scorer, he had a couple hot seasons...

Kessel is a good player, but people need to stop calling Him an elite player, 1 36 goal season doesn''t make him an elite player.. Cheecho potted 56 one year, anyone remember that.. The elite players are the guys who go out and do it every year.. not 1 season, and the start of a second..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Funny how Marco decided to skew the stats isn't it. Matt Duchene at 18 years old has 8 goals in 31 games. Kessel had 11 goals in 70 games his 1st season.

My guess would be Marco classes Matt Moulson as an elite player he has 13 goals this year.

Where are they now for oldtimers, John Druce ripped the playoffs alive 1 year only to become and journey man. The same goes for Kris Kontos.

Sections
Shortcuts