Kobasew traded to Minny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

Kobasew traded to Minny

Chuck traded to Minny for prospects. WWW.tsn.ca

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Kobasew traded to Minny

yea, i really don't understand this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsin2010. Show Bruinsin2010's posts

Chuck was a decent player but for some reason wasn't playing up to par this season.  Not sure of the salary cap implications but maybe the first of potentially salary cutting measures to open up for bigger trades. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

This better be for a big move because this just weakened the team, especially with Lucic out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yes, i sense something bigger coming....I guess they'll call up Marchand as neither of the guys they got are NHL ready or anywhere close to it. The 2nd rounder was the best thing we got by far.

Perhaps they are making room to get a player earlier than the deadline

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

I agree with Bruins2010....Chuck seemed to have lost a step this year... Love the guy...wouldhave like to have seen this done to keep Kessel though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Possibly cutting costs for a bigger deal..like maybe trading morris and ference for 1 real defenceman..or maybe trading 1 first round pick to Toronto for Kessel..lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Su cks but Marchand & Sobotka are ready, plus we need some fresh blood with some balls. The last guy who used to have balls broke his finger

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Chuck was always ovverated by Bruins fans, again, because he is gritty and appears to be trying harder than anyone else on the ice (see: Byron Bitz).

Even still, he was a useful checking line component, and Boston cant score goals this year, meaning a larger move could be coming. I feel bad for Minnesota who obviously picked him up to address their scoring woes. Not....gonnna...happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJSell. Show JJSell's posts

In Response to Re: Kobasew traded to Minny:
    [QUOTE]yea, i really don't understand this
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

'try $2.3 M in JJ pocket

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobasew traded to Minny : 'try $2.3 M in JJ pocket
    Posted by JJSell[/QUOTE]

The Bruins firesale had already begun! Jacobs doubles and triples his ticket prices in the middle of a recession.... what a mess www.pleasesellthebruins.com breaks down this scam artist in detail. Saw this on Herald Bruins article this morning

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

this trade should have been done in the summer.  ference is probably next

sobotka, marchand were called up, Lucic placed on LTIR (10games/24 days) lets see how the kids do.  cant be much worse than how they are playing now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

why would they trade ference?

also JJsell, i unfortunately had to read your ignored post in another persons post....if JJ was just looking to pocket cash, don't you think it would be Ryder out the door?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

They traded the wrong wing on that line.

[QUOTE]Chuck was a decent player but for some reason wasn't playing up to par this season.  Not sure of the salary cap implications but maybe the first of potentially salary cutting measures to open up for bigger trades. 
    Posted by Bruinsin2010[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

they would trade ference, if they make another deal to upgrade the defense.  
    ference's contract is movable.

how about ference for ward? haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Chuck was always ovverated by Bruins fans, again, because he is gritty and appears to be trying harder than anyone else on the ice (see: Byron Bitz). Even still, he was a useful checking line component, and Boston cant score goals this year, meaning a larger move could be coming. I feel bad for Minnesota who obviously picked him up to address their scoring woes. Not....gonnna...happen.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Sorry dhitch but I gotta call you out on this one. Kobasew prior to this season was a fearless hitter who was also able to score 20+ goals. I wouldn't call that overated. And compared to contracts like Bergeron, Chara, and Wideman he was actually an overachiever. Byron Bitz is a big slow mucker, who kicks it around on the boards - he aint ever scoring 20 goals. I hope you're right about a bigger move coming because if not this is a panic move that just made a team that plays too soft as it is, even softer. Lucic out, Chucky gone....not too much grit left out there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobasew traded to Minny : Sorry dhitch but I gotta call you out on this one. Kobasew prior to this season was a fearless hitter who was also able to score 20+ goals. I wouldn't call that overated. And compared to contracts like Bergeron, Chara, and Wideman he was actually an overachiever. Byron Bitz is a big slow mucker, who kicks it around on the boards - he aint ever scoring 20 goals. I hope you're right about a bigger move coming because if not this is a panic move that just made a team that plays too soft as it is, even softer. Lucic out, Chucky gone....not too much grit left out there.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree, my friend. Kobasew not only has disappearing acts in the post season, but if you watch enough games he misses far too many chances to put the puck in the net. For a guy as gutsy and gritty as you say he is, he should create more chances to put the puck in the net. I think Marchand is a slightly smaller younger forward who can fill Chuckies role easily, and with a better scoring touch. Those who dont think Bradley is gritty, just wait til Wed. The guy is a cannonball out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Agree with JWensink in regards to assessment of Kobasew, and with dhitch in his call on Marchand. I think that this trade has much to do with Marchand's camp and performance in Providence as it does with Kobasew's and the B's less than stellar start. Does seem like Chia is freeing up cap space for a reason...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnpgee. Show bnpgee's posts

this is officially a .500 team, losing to the Hamilton Coyotes who are playing out of  a caravan of moving van's for espo's sake.  I guess the new black and golden age is over and it's back to pinching pennies as they break up that ol gang o mine.  jeez jacobs makes me embarrassed to say I'm from the same tribe.  He is like the Donald Sterling of Hockey.  Do you realize it has been 37 years already since the B's won the silver soup tureen while Tampa and Hartford/Raleigh and Miami and Anaheim all saw it hoisted between dates of Disney on Ice -  all hockey hotbeds I am sure.  Except for Obamaville, Michigan it ain't pleasant to be an original six city these days and as long as Jacobs holds the franchise keys I don't see the halcyon days returning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The truth is allot of the Bruins are under performing and Chuckie was definitely one of them. It's a win win situation for both parties. Kobasew gets a new place to light that fire baby. He has been sluggish to say the least.

This has to be , as everyone has mentioned, as a bigger better deal if not now than probably by late November if the Bruins don't improve.

Skaswatch is right give the kids a chance maybe they'll show some Veterans, whom might also be on the trading block, how to play with some balls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]this is officially a .500 team, losing to the Hamilton Coyotes who are playing out of  a caravan of moving van's for espo's sake.
    Posted by bnpgee[/QUOTE]
    So Pittsburgh and San Jose are both bad teams too, since they lost to the Coyotes?

Sections
Shortcuts